2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
You boys clearly fail the humor test! I expected someone would catch on to my irony..

They just hate on what they can only hope to be. It's human nature. :D

How are the teams chosen since its not by manufacture? It looks like each team has multiple factory clubs.

Team Hackers is the same team that won last year. We got the opportunity to come back and defend OUR title. The 3 other teams are Team Paradise, Team Albatross and Team Dotcom

Each team has 2 players representing each sponsor. Callaway, Bridgestone, Cobra/Puma and Cleveland/Srixon

You should think about picking a team and follow along. We will have a media day and you will be able to post questions for us to answer live via webcam

Team Hackers is the same team that won last year. We got the opportunity to come back and defend OUR title. The 3 other teams are Team Paradise, Team Albatross and Team Dotcom

Each team has 2 players representing each sponsor. Callaway, Bridgestone, Cobra/Puma and Cleveland/Srixon

You should think about picking a team and follow along. We will have a media day and you will be able to post questions for us to answer live via webcam

Sorry. Forgot to mention that about Team Hackers.

I had my first lesson of the year last night. Definitely a great start of what is to come this year. Only a small tweak in my swing, working on hitting more down on the ball which I haven't done a lot before. I have always had more of a sweeping swing and took very little divot at all. I still need to spend a lot more time at the range to get it right but I was loving the results as I was doing it last night. It lowered my flight a little bit, I definitely think once the Bridgestone irons get here with the C-tapers on them my flight will be right where I want it. With the small adjustments being made it still feels a little awkward and I'm leaving the face open slightly at impact on my misses. So now I just need the repetitions to get from making good contact 6/10 times to 10/10 times but I love the direction I'm going.

Less than 2 months to get it right! I've got lessons every 2 weeks from here til the end of July to make sure my game is in its best form ever!

Alright. After nearly 8 months of debating, Chunk sealed the deal.

Team Albatross supporter, FTW!

did Chunky "reverse seal" the deal? i'm confused.
Team Hackers is who you should root for.

did Chunky "reverse seal" the deal? i'm confused.
Team Hackers is who you should root for.

good thing he tried to decide now instead of a month ago hehe

So......Formats Anyone? :alien:

The plan was today, but being as though we are fairly inundated with some equipment happenings, there will be a small delay.

The plan was today, but being as though we are fairly inundated with some equipment happenings, there will be a small delay.

As long as we're playing golf and not any other sport, I'm OK with waiting a few more days.

Placed my order late last night. Boom.

Hybrid:
Loft(s): 18* Classic Hybrid
Lie: stock
Length: stock
Shaft Selection: stock
Shaft Flex: Stiff
Grip Selection: Lamkin REL 3Gen Electric Blue (+1 wrap)
Dexterity: RH

Fairway Wood:
Loft (s): 14* 3+ Classic FW
Shaft Flex/Shaft Selection: Matrix Ozik XCon 6 Stiff
Grip: Lamkin REL 3Gen Electric Blue (+1 wrap)

Wedge Selection: RTX MB
Loft(s): 50, 54, 60 all with 2 dots (bounce)
Shaft Flex: wedge
Finish: Satin

For Apparel please provide the following sizes/info:
Shirt: Large
Waist: 32
Inseam: standard?
Hat: 7 1/4
Glove (and which hand you wear it on): ML worn on the Left hand

Placed my order late last night. Boom.

Hybrid:
Loft(s): 18* Classic Hybrid
Shaft Selection: stock
Shaft Flex: Stiff
Grip Selection: Lamkin REL 3Gen Electric Blue (+1 wrap)

Fairway Wood:
Loft (s): 14* 3+ Classic FW
Shaft Flex/Shaft Selection: Matrix Ozik XCon 6 Stiff

Wedge Selection: RTX MB
Loft(s): 50, 54, 60 all with 2 dots (bounce)
Shaft Flex: wedge
Finish: Satin

For Apparel please provide the following sizes/info:
Shirt: Large
Waist: 32
Inseam: standard?
Hat: 7 1/4
Glove (and which hand you wear it on): ML worn on the Left hand

great looking set up man.

Yes!!!! JConn! Stock Matrix! Attaboy.

Yes!!!! JConn! Stock Matrix! Attaboy.

Thanks. I did it based on your words/review. I wanted to pull the trigger on the Black Tie for the FW but decided against it. I think this will be the best combo for me for sure.

Thanks. I did it based on your words/review. I wanted to pull the trigger on the Black Tie for the FW but decided against it. I think this will be the best combo for me for sure.

Its a solid combo, with your swing I think you'll enjoy it.

I was sitting and thinking about this, I can't wait to see old friends again...and to finally meet some others face-to-face. Exciting times indeed.

Nice reply there Jconn, a little ron burgundy action in the shorts setup! I dig it!

Ha ha I really just have no clue what inseam I want/need so I figured standard was the best bet. I don't want short shorts but I don't want capris either (I'm looking at you, cookie). I'm sure Cross will take care of us.

Ha ha I really just have no clue what inseam I want/need so I figured standard was the best bet. I don't want short shorts but I don't want capris either (I'm looking at you, cookie). I'm sure Cross will take care of us.

lol nobody wants cookie capris

Its a solid combo, with your swing I think you'll enjoy it.

I was sitting and thinking about this, I can't wait to see old friends again...and to finally meet some others face-to-face. Exciting times indeed.

I hope so buddy. Mid-high launch with low spin sounds like a perfect combo for a 14* fairway finder.

I'm ready to see you in action come July JConn!!! Your weapons are looking good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back