The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
First club head just came loose with 8 minutes till our qualifying round...

It is 10:12am and it has already been a special morning. The son dropped a special art project he made at school and absolutely adores, breaking it. Hysteria ensued. The kids have been at each other like Palestine and Israel. Something happened in another part of the house and I heard the wife yelling and screaming at the daughter. A toilet overflowed. Sheesh. Under normal circumstances I would think about escaping on the golf course but if the morning trend continues I'd probably get in an accident on the way and get hit in the sack by a ball while playing.

Taking a shot to the junk might be worth it if your day is anything like mine.

Not really a rant but just more of a sort of negative discussion topic.

Everytime I have been into a Dick's Sporting Goods that was not around a military installation they always seem to have 10 percent off discounts for military members. So why is it that everytime I go to a Dick's Sporting Goods that is located in a military town they always tell me "sorry, we don't do military discounts here". I guess I must be missing something.

Don't get me wrong. I joined of my own free will and I don't believe that anybody "owes" me or any other military member anything whatsoever. It's nice to hear people say thanks for your service every now and then, but I won't skip a beat if people don't feel that way.

It's just strange to me that Dick's does this. Our that at least the ones I've been to do it. My guess is that corporate gives each local store a choice to do it if they please and they just choose not to in certain places.

It was you all the time Dean. I was just blamed for it

I blame it on the fact that they were both lefties. We all know those lefties are up to no good hehe

I blame it on the fact that they were both lefties. We all know those lefties are up to no good hehe

I can't believe it took you so long to realize we're out to get you.

I can't believe it took you so long to realize we're out to get you.

You would have hated our round today Deano. 3 lefties in 1 group.

Admit it, people were staring.

There was nobody else out there. Except a couple that approached us on the 7th hole near the green asking us where the 14th hole was. Lol.

There was nobody else out there. Except a couple that approached us on the 7th hole near the green asking us where the 14th hole was. Lol.

Haha, nice. Good thing, you'd have been viewed as a golf anomaly with that many lefties in one group.

As a lefty who plays right handed, I would have stared. hahahaha

Haha, nice. Good thing, you'd have been viewed as a golf anomaly with that many lefties in one group.

As a lefty who plays right handed, I would have stared. hahahaha

Thanked for overcoming your physical handicap and learning to play golf the correct way.

Not really a rant but just more of a sort of negative discussion topic.

Everytime I have been into a Dick's Sporting Goods that was not around a military installation they always seem to have 10 percent off discounts for military members. So why is it that everytime I go to a Dick's Sporting Goods that is located in a military town they always tell me "sorry, we don't do military discounts here". I guess I must be missing something.

Don't get me wrong. I joined of my own free will and I don't believe that anybody "owes" me or any other military member anything whatsoever. It's nice to hear people say thanks for your service every now and then, but I won't skip a beat if people don't feel that way.

It's just strange to me that Dick's does this. Our that at least the ones I've been to do it. My guess is that corporate gives each local store a choice to do it if they please and they just choose not to in certain places.

My guess is the discount starts to eat at their profit margin in a military town. The ones in the other towns like to be seen as "pro military", so they don't mind giving a minor discount every now and then to be able to advertise the discount. But the ones in the military towns have to give the discount too frequently to make the advertisement worth it.

My guess is the discount starts to eat at their profit margin in a military town. The ones in the other towns like to be seen as "pro military", so they don't mind giving a minor discount every now and then to be able to advertise the discount. But the ones in the military towns have to give the discount too frequently to make the advertisement worth it.

I was kind of thinking this as well, but to be honest the vast majority of military members usually shop at the post exchange as opposed to outside sources for the most part. And to be honest many of us don't usually ask places for a military discount unless they mention it to us because they notice the haircut or something like that because we don't want to be viewed as people always looking for handouts.

Golf outings. We played well. Came in at a solid -7. The winner decided they wanted a solid -14.

Golf outings. We played well. Came in at a solid -7. The winner decided they wanted a solid -14.

Yep. And it is supposed to be a gentleman's game, therefore there is no way they would cheat. So of course you don't call them out even though you would really like to.

Not impossible. I caddied for a 4 man scramble last year who shot a legit -17 for 18 holes.

If it is -14 is very much doable. Heck -18 is very much doable in a lot of scrambles we have played.

That was my thought as well, and if its handicapped it is very much expected.

That was my thought as well, and if its handicapped it is very much expected.

You know, I didn't even think about this. Mainly because I have never had the pleasure of playing in a scramble format tournament.

It was a scramble. And I recognize that it's very much doable. Absolutely.

Consider the crowd though - we saw one entire foursome playing shirtless. Nobody in this crowd shot a -14, haha.

Proof of exaggeration? We measured out the longest drive at a cool 405 yards. Yep.

It was a scramble. And I recognize that it's very much doable. Absolutely.

Consider the crowd though - we saw one entire foursome playing shirtless. Nobody in this crowd shot a -14, haha.

Proof of exaggeration? We measured out the longest drive at a cool 405 yards. Yep.

Rocketballz-ier right there!!! :eek:

Oh man. I stand corrected. The winning score was actually -17.

I hope it was legit! That's awesome.

Lol 405 is epic.

Lol 405 is epic.

Yeah. And that's no joke. We paced it out because it seemed that egregious. Someone in that group needs a tour card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back