The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is -14 is very much doable. Heck -18 is very much doable in a lot of scrambles we have played.

That was gonna be my point. I love when I get stares after my scrambles. I couldn't possibly shoot under par I have tattoos. And I've won a scramble when my playing partner played shirtless for 2 holes. Lol

It was a scramble. And I recognize that it's very much doable. Absolutely.

Consider the crowd though - we saw one entire foursome playing shirtless. Nobody in this crowd shot a -14, haha.

Proof of exaggeration? We measured out the longest drive at a cool 405 yards. Yep.

He prob has a Xtreme and tattoos.

That was gonna be my point. I love when I get stares after my scrambles. I couldn't possibly shoot under par I have tattoos.

True. But you are playing Goff, while everybody else is playing golf.

True. But you are playing Goff, while everybody else is playing golf.

That's why I'm so good. I'm the only one who knows how to play it well.

If it is -14 is very much doable. Heck -18 is very much doable in a lot of scrambles we have played.

Yep, Freddie and I were -15 in a scramble last fall, and we left some strokes out there. We also didn't win.

Proof of exaggeration? We measured out the longest drive at a cool 405 yards. Yep.

I tried to do this yesterday, long par five 20mph wind at my back, teammate right down the middle oh yeah I'm ripping this thing.

Step up swing miss the ball completely and the wind from my club pushed it off the tee and it rolled 3 inches laterally.

Well... Crap.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

4 hours of yard work. A chainsaw was involved. At least that part was fun

4 hours of yard work. A chainsaw was involved. At least that part was fun

See, you should have said "Hun, I will do it tomorrow, lets make today a fun day". Then the storm comes tomorrow and you are in the clear....Until next weekend when its worse. But being a procrastinator I dont think like that.

See, you should have said "Hun, I will do it tomorrow, lets make today a fun day". Then the storm comes tomorrow and you are in the clear....Until next weekend when its worse. But being a procrastinator I dont think like that.
She was at work all day, I couldnt justify my laziness today. Put down a ton of grass seed, hoping it rains tomorrow.

She was at work all day, I couldnt justify my laziness today. Put down a ton of grass seed, hoping it rains tomorrow.

Thinking you will get your wish. Its raining here right now pretty darn hard.

I've been in a rain delay the last 90 minutes. Not like I was playing well or anything...

I love when someone believes that because there are ads here, one cannot be objective. Funny how that never happened with my criticism of the R11 and R11S. Or the fact that I played Nike irons (no ad) for the last year. Or that Cobra is in the Morgan Cup and I raved about part of their line. The latest one was a doozy (roll back ball thread) and makes no sense, but I just love that because there is an ad, one cant have an opinion.

Clearly the same people that have an issue with this, have no idea how online advertising works. How THP packages work. And are just those people that are so anti-establishment that it fits in anytime they have no other reasoning to back up a ridiculous argument.

It always reminds me of when someone says they were told to give a positive review on THP. Yet anybody that has ever tested anything here, knows the only thing we care about is honest feedback.

Sometimes it just reminds me how much the keyboard brings out in people. Other times it makes me question humanity. But in the end, I can lay my head down at night and know I did the right thing. Ironically those that know me well, also know Im smart enough to make sure I have facts to support that stuff if it were to ever come up. I just have to look at it as I am a better person for just moving on every time it comes up. A friend that owns a rather large message board said to me this year "If you care too much, it will kill you". Its a lesson I think I need to apply to life some times.

I love when someone believes that because there are ads here, one cannot be objective. Funny how that never happened with my criticism of the R11 and R11S. Or the fact that I played Nike irons (no ad) for the last year. Or that Cobra is in the Morgan Cup and I raved about part of their line. The latest one was a doozy (roll back ball thread) and makes no sense, but I just love that because there is an ad, one cant have an opinion.

Clearly the same people that have an issue with this, have no idea how online advertising works. How THP packages work. And are just those people that are so anti-establishment that it fits in anytime they have no other reasoning to back up a ridiculous argument.

It always reminds me of when someone says they were told to give a positive review on THP. Yet anybody that has ever tested anything here, knows the only thing we care about is honest feedback.

Sometimes it just reminds me how much the keyboard brings out in people. Other times it makes me question humanity. But in the end, I can lay my head down at night and know I did the right thing. Ironically those that know me well, also know Im smart enough to make sure I have facts to support that stuff if it were to ever come up. I just have to look at it as I am a better person for just moving on every time it comes up. A friend that owns a rather large message board said to me this year "If you care too much, it will kill you". Its a lesson I think I need to apply to life some times.

Funny how some honest not so positive feedback on a product just got some guys new drivers.
I love the honest feedback here. And coming from regular guys that struggle at times makes it even better.

Some people just go through life thinking the world has either wronged them or owes them something.

I was waiting for that JB, I saw that and was like crap this isn't going to end well.

Anyone that has been here for any amount of time knows what this forum is about.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Funny how some honest not so positive feedback on a product just got some guys new drivers.
I love the honest feedback here. And coming from regular guys that struggle at times makes it even better.
People will only believe what they want to believe. Great example, buck.

It seems we spend to much time THPing rather than earning a living, and therefore robbing from our employees too. If I remember the gist of the last heated point of contention with a certain individual too.

Swing disappeared at the turn. Had to par the last 2 holes for 37 on the front and shot 42. Then the back I shot 48...

Get to the counter in the pro shop today with my B330RX balls I am buying with the credit I won. The guy behind the counter informs me that these are "tour" balls as to imply not for me. I told him I was aware of what kind of balls they are and have been fitted by Bridgestone to play them and they have added substantially to my distance. He looked a bit surprised. I should have told him I am not just a dumb old woman playing what he thinks only tour players should play, but rather a THP forum member who is well educated. :)

Get to the counter in the pro shop today with my B330RX balls I am buying with the credit I won. The guy behind the counter informs me that these are "tour" balls as to imply not for me. I told him I was aware of what kind of balls they are and have been fitted by Bridgestone to play them and they have added substantially to my distance. He looked a bit surprised. I should have told him I am not just a dumb old woman playing tour balls but rather a THP forum member who is well educated. :)
You set'em straight Kelly!

Get to the counter in the pro shop today with my B330RX balls I am buying with the credit I won. The guy behind the counter informs me that these are "tour" balls as to imply not for me. I told him I was aware of what kind of balls they are and have been fitted by Bridgestone to play them and they have added substantially to my distance. He looked a bit surprised. I should have told him I am not just a dumb old woman playing what he thinks only tour players should play, but rather a THP forum member who is well educated. :)
I wish I could have seen his face!

It can go both ways. If you gush about a product, people think that it's because there's an ad on here or they are a company that is involved with the Morgan Cup or other events. Your voice carries more weight than anyone on here because you're the owner of the site, and sometimes people can't figure out that you can wear an "owner" hat and a "reviewer" hat and it's not the same thing. Same thing applies to basically any website/magazine/forum that reviews products, you just have to keep doing the best job that you can do and be as transparent as possible, and everything will sort itself out.

There are several movies that I'm really in a mood to watch. Comfort movies of sorts.

None of them are available for streaming, and my DVDs of them are mysteriously missing.

There are several movies that I'm really in a mood to watch. Comfort movies of sorts.

None of them are available for streaming, and my DVDs of them are mysteriously missing.

Top Gun. BOOM. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back