The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of all these bad weddings, I can't wait to see my sister and mom duke it out over her wedding. I should stream it live to the Internet as a Pay-Per-View.

The guy that was supposed to marry my mom and dad was a few hours late because the night before he went out and got hammered. He slept through his alarm and delayed the wedding by a couple hours. Lol.

Having a credit limit on my CC that isn't large enough pay my entire hotel bill for the conference I'm going to next week and my work is acting like they don't want to front the money. Weird stuff. Sorry that I don't want a ridiculous limit that could possibly get me in CC debt.

Why oh why do some people strive to make even the simplest things so dang difficult?
Why do those same people give you the speach that you need to take charge but everytime you do, they pull you back under their thumb?

Either leave me to it or do it your damn self!

I guess this is not a horrible rant, but my 4 year old son is a better fisherman then I am. He even caught the biggest bass I've personally seen caught on a little dock pole. To make it worse he rubs it in my face saying stuff like daddy why didn't you catch any fish.

Ive been here 2 hours for an oil change and then they beat me down on the headlight replacmemt
I never let them do anything other than the oil change. Except one time, I knew I was getting close on an air filter and I told them no, then a month later they send me a coupon for half off an air filter, which was cheaper than I could get it at the store, so I went in and had them do it. I replace my own headlights.

Speaking of all these bad weddings, I can't wait to see my sister and mom duke it out over her wedding. I should stream it live to the Internet as a Pay-Per-View.

The guy that was supposed to marry my mom and dad was a few hours late because the night before he went out and got hammered. He slept through his alarm and delayed the wedding by a couple hours. Lol.

Of all things, we've seen numerous instances of problems with the minister. Our minister hated me (probably a sign of solid judgment on his part, but still). One got lost, didn't show up on time and delayed the entire day. Another got mad at the photogropher and paused the wedding vos to yell at him in the middle of the ceremony, then nearly came to blows with the photographers in the back room after the ceremony. Another yelled at the groom for being a few minutes late to the rehearsal. You'd think this would be the one part of the day that was rock solid since they do it all the time. Not so much.

Of all things, we've seen numerous instances of problems with the minister. Our minister hated me (probably a sign of solid judgment on his part, but still). One got lost, didn't show up on time and delayed the entire day. Another got mad at the photogropher and paused the wedding vos to yell at him in the middle of the ceremony, then nearly came to blows with the photographers in the back room after the ceremony. Another yelled at the groom for being a few minutes late to the rehearsal. You'd think this would be the one part of the day that was rock solid since they do it all the time. Not so much.

I play golf with our preacher, and Brittany grew up with him. I'm pretty sure he won't be an issue.

2 years ago this July, my wedding was delayed because when the limo driver dropped the guys off for the wedding, instead of picking up the girls he decided to park the limo.

The bridesmaids were texting and phoning all the guys wondering what was going on, and I ended up having to run across a university campus in the pouring rain (in my wedding attire) to find the limo and tell him to get his arse to the pickup for the women.

Just got a call from the police station... They found out my cousin bought a bag of sour patch kids at the gas station right before he was beaten to death. I hope they catch that sucker who stole his candy!

Spoiler
this didn't actually happen... to my cousin at least. Paging MikeBEATDOWNDean

Just got a call from the police station... They found out my cousin bought a bag of sour patch kids at the gas station right before he was beaten to death. I hope they catch that sucker who stole his candy!

Spoiler
this didn't actually happen... to my cousin at least. Paging MikeBEATDOWNDean
I wonder if it was the other, other guy from Sioux Falls? I hear there are now three dudes that live there?

My Twitter app is broken. It won't load for me for some reason.

Bought a big Pens flag to hang in my room from Groupon. Tracking says it was delivered a week or more ago, but I figured I'd give it time since sometimes DHL marks them as delivered. Checked with the neighbors and tried to call the post office to no avail. Emailed Groupon and I'm not entirely sure they're going to help me out...

While trying to play the middleman and not argue with either my fiance or mom, I ended up arguing with BOTH of them. A crappy weekend has spilled into the week. If only there was some kind of announcement this afternoon at 1 that could cheer me up.

I see someone has been reading from the ATLGoler guide to marriage.

My wife spent the week before our wedding in a hotel with her mother and cousins, which was not pre-arranged. I was pretty certain the wedding was off the Wednesday before, and about 50/50 the night before. Fun times.

My wife spent the week before our wedding in a hotel with her mother and cousins, which was not pre-arranged. I was pretty certain the wedding was off the Wednesday before, and about 50/50 the night before. Fun times.

And that is the exact reason why we ended up at the court house. Families know just how to ruin those special moments.

Ouch. I bet you were able to sneak a round in though :D

And that is the exact reason why we ended up at the court house. Families know just how to ruin those special moments.

In fairness, some of it was my doing. But, it usually is. It all worked out in the end, though.

Funny story: Wife and I went to Vegas right after getting engaged. Our families freaked out, thinking that we would get married out there. We told everyone that we would not, and we really didn't consider it. About a month after we were married, we agreed that Vegas would have been much, much easier.

Ouch. I bet you were able to sneak a round in though :D

Truth.

The weather that week was surprisingly mild. It was August in Georgia (typically brutal), but the lows were in the high-50s. One of the most lasting memories of my wedding day was walking the UGA golf course with my dad that morning and wearing pants instead of shorts.

In fairness, some of it was my doing. But, it usually is. It all worked out in the end, though.

Funny story: Wife and I went to Vegas right after getting engaged. Our families freaked out, thinking that we would get married out there. We told everyone that we would not, and we really didn't consider it. About a month after we were married, we agreed that Vegas would have been much, much easier.

My wife & I did the same. Still think that would have been the way to do it & be done with it.

This is a very true story. When I got engaged, I mentioned to my wife that we should have had a destination wedding if Hawaii. She said, "Why do that, most of our families wouldn't be able to come." I told her that was the point!

The sun, she is a sneaky devil.

Went out to play golf Saturday in beautiful, sunny, upper 70's weather, and as per usual I put sunscreen on my face, ears, forearms, and neck. But I decided to wear my new R11 visor and forgot that after cutting my hair last weekend, my hair is much shorter, and offers little protection from the sun...you can see where this is going. Got BBQ'ed on the top of my head and it's red and kind of crusty today, though luckily not painful...D'OH! :banghead:

We got engaged in November and kinda talked about getting married 12/12/12. My mom was all about it, and now I see why.

This is a very true story. When I got engaged, I mentioned to my wife that we should have had a destination wedding if Hawaii. She said, "Why do that, most of our families wouldn't be able to come." I told her that was the point!

Amen to this - I have plenty of family for whom I would love an excuse to not invite when I get married!

The sun, she is a sneaky devil.

Went out to play golf Saturday in beautiful, sunny, upper 70's weather, and as per usual I put sunscreen on my face, ears, forearms, and neck. But I decided to wear my new R11 visor and forgot that after cutting my hair last weekend, my hair is much shorter, and offers little protection from the sun...you can see where this is going. Got BBQ'ed on the top of my head and it's red and kind of crusty today, though luckily not painful...D'OH! :banghead:

I don't like the feeling of wearing hats or the excess heat I feel on top of my head, so my scalp typically gets cooked. What do you use for your scalp? Don't say you're balding either, that's cheating!

You guys are lucky. Your families went nuts leading up to and including the wedding. My in laws didn't go full fledged crazy until much later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back