Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why anyone who isn't a die hard Pacers fan is rooting for them. Wait until the finals then root against Miami if you're a hater. Pacers vs. Spurs will be absolutely unwatchable. I'm hoping either Bosh or Wade show up tonight to help out LeBron. Should be a great game, I'm already excited for it. Lets go Heat!

will it be though? I mean Damaikis said you two were students of the game and Spurs vs Pacers has a lot of teacher/student blueprints.

The other side, if someone truly dislikes the Heat, you root against them every game. Think of it like college sports. If you are an Alabama fan, you dont hope Auburn wins and makes it to the BCS and then loses, you hope they lose every game.

Go Spurs. Been a fan since the David Robinson, Sean Elliott, Avery Johnson, Chuck Persons days. Not a big NBA guy since Robinson retired , but still pull for the Spurs

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

will it be though? I mean Damaikis said you two were students of the game and Spurs vs Pacers has a lot of teacher/student blueprints.

The other side, if someone truly dislikes the Heat, you root against them every game. Think of it like college sports. If you are an Alabama fan, you dont hope Auburn wins and makes it to the BCS and then loses, you hope they lose every game.

LOL, oh JB. I have a feeling these NBA jokes will be non-stop this weekend... and I can't wait. Maybe I should wear my LeBron Olympic jersey to the Invitational.

I do think that Heat vs. Spurs would be more entertaining. Just wondering how many people rooting against the Heat will watch a Pacers vs. Spurs finals. I guess it doesn't matter, if you hate a team you want them out.

LOL, oh JB. I have a feeling these NBA jokes will be non-stop this weekend... and I can't wait. Maybe I should wear my LeBron Olympic jersey to the Invitational.

I do think that Heat vs. Spurs would be more entertaining. Just wondering how many people rooting against the Heat will watch a Pacers vs. Spurs finals. I guess it doesn't matter, if you hate a team you want them out.

I am not sure anybody would think it would be more entertaining. Then again for some, the idea of a team they cant stand losing means more. I mean if you are a student of the game and all.

FWIW, I dont think there is any way this Heat team loses tonight. I bet they are at the foul line more than any other game this series too.

Another sign that I'm getting old: I am already getting worried that I'm going to fall asleep before the game is over. 830 is too late a start for me.

Whoever wins, I hope the next series is as fun to watch as this one.

I will root against lebron til the day I die

Pacers4life

I am not sure anybody would think it would be more entertaining. Then again for some, the idea of a team they cant stand losing means more. I mean if you are a student of the game and all.

FWIW, I dont think there is any way this Heat team loses tonight. I bet they are at the foul line more than any other game this series too.

I don't know about the free throws. People keep expecting that eventually the refs will be putting the Heat on the line but it hasn't happened yet. Indiana has taken more free throws in 5 out of the 6 games. I do think that the Heat have to be favored but I think it's more because they are at home and have a bigger margin for error. If Indiana is off, they got no chance but we've seen Miami win in this series without playing their best ball.

I swear if I had my old reggie miller jersey I would rock the eff out of it tonight!

I don't know about the free throws. People keep expecting that eventually the refs will be putting the Heat on the line but it hasn't happened yet. Indiana has taken more free throws in 5 out of the 6 games. I do think that the Heat have to be favored but I think it's more because they are at home and have a bigger margin for error. If Indiana is off, they got no chance but we've seen Miami win in this series without playing their best ball.

I did not say it will be because the fix is in. What I mean is its apparent none of these guys can make a jump shot, so they are going to be forced to be aggressive and take the ball to the hoop. Its the playoffs, so we will see what contact is allowed, but with 2.5 "superstars" on the team, calls will have to be made.

Signed,
Student of the game

I did not say it will be because the fix is in. What I mean is its apparent none of these guys can make a jump shot, so they are going to be forced to be aggressive and take the ball to the hoop. Its the playoffs, so we will see what contact is allowed, but with 2.5 "superstars" on the team, calls will have to be made.

Signed,
Student of the game

Agreed. They need to do everything they can to get Hibbert in foul trouble early.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Go Pacers! And if that fails, Go Spurs!

I will root against lebron til the day I die

Pacers4life

Yeah buddy!!!!! Here's some great LeDiver business.

I hope he returns to Cleveland and throws out a glorious apology. I'd cheer for him again. Why not..

I don't get why anyone who isn't a die hard Pacers fan is rooting for them. Wait until the finals then root against Miami if you're a hater. Pacers vs. Spurs will be absolutely unwatchable. I'm hoping either Bosh or Wade show up tonight to help out LeBron. Should be a great game, I'm already excited for it. Lets go Heat!

I'm amped up for this game like game 6 vs Boston last year. LETS GO HEAT!!!!

The build up for this game is great. So much anticipation. Lets go Heat!

Lets go pacers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think the Heat will win. Wade and Bosh will try too hard and I don't think Lebron has a monster game in him tonight. Pacers by 6.

Lol @ Wade on the first play. So much fail.

when was the last time dwade missed a shot and didn't immediately complain that he got fouled?

Heat win going away.
Once in a generation players dont lose game 7s at home against this kind of team.

Did he just airball that layup.

G.O.A.T.

Heat win going away.
Once in a generation players dont lose game 7s at home against this kind of team.
I agree, but four years ago we'd be singing a different tune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back