Ryan Braun Wins Appeal

They're friends. I'm sure you'd stick up for FLTC if it was revealed he took Rogaine to grow his beard.

Kevin

The beard is important. Tread lightly.

Slander is a tough thing to prove though. To me, the toughest thing that Braun is going to have to face is the crowds at away parks. I don't think there is any way for MLB to suspend him for this since the ruling.

If he even cares what the fans think at all he will still be able to go home and blow his nose and wipe his tears away with the thousands of dollars he is making from missing that suspension.

They're friends. I'm sure you'd stick up for FLTC if it was revealed he took Rogaine to grow his beard.

Kevin
And that lowers his integrity even more, friends or not he should still have the courage to speak the truth rather than claiming Braun was innocent all along.

Bottomline. Braun is just another skid mark in a pair of MLB's dirty drawers. I hope Raphael Belliard comes back and wins the NL MVP this year. That dude only hit 1 homerun in a 93 year Major League Career.

WTC! TC's beard is all rogaine? Fraud!!

The only substances that may have helped grow this beard is tobacco, weed, miller high life, and the odd mushroom every now and then.

I told him to tread lightly. The beard is no joke.

People are jealous of Ryan Braun. And Aaron Rodgers. It wouldn't surprise me to see that lowlife Hank Haney write a book about them just to make some money.

Personally, I just want to see good baseball.

Kevin

How can a guy be cleared on a "chain of custody" screw up. Bottom line is he dropped a hot sample and should be treated as such. Just because the collector F'd up it doesn't change the fact that he was doping!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I suspect we dont know all the details here. The collector didnt screw up. According to what we know so far he did as he was supposed to have done and has done since he's had the job. But for some reason the arbitrator ruled in favor of Braun. Things just dont add up. I think the arbitrator needs to share some details on his decision.

I will add this, I know the area around miller park very well (I grew up there) there are multiple FedEx drop boxes in the area that he could have dropped the samples. Worse case he could have driven it to the airport in traffic and made it by 7pm. The collector didn't do his job, completely. Not saying this is a good reason for Braun to get off, I'm just adding to the conversation.
I suspect we dont know all the details here. The collector didnt screw up. According to what we know so far he did as he was supposed to have done and has done since he's had the job. But for some reason the arbitrator ruled in favor of Braun. Things just dont add up. I think the arbitrator needs to share some details on his decision.

I'm not going to sit here and defend him because I don't know the facts....but as a fan of baseball I'm glad he'll be on the field. All I really know is that there was a process and the process said he shouldn't be suspended. I'm sure there's a ton of stuff we don't know, but as a huge Brewers fan its hard to think he cheated in any way. But I can understand why people outside of Wisconsin can view him differently, the same way I viewed some of the other suspected cheaters over the years. Just my opinion.

Looks like me Braun will need to do another presser with Arod. Story is getting legs or has legs and few needles

This is not going to go well for Braun. He came off as a liar who got off on a technicality last time, though he was clearly cheating. I have a feeling he won't be so lucky this time.

Some relatively big names on the list of 20 too...nelson cruz gio gonzalez snd many more. How will the yanks survive without arod......oh wait

We touched on this last night

Without a positive test, I bet 20 of those players don't miss a game.

It will be interesting to see who all shows up in this investigation. I have heard about 10 names so far and thought I heard there could be 20 MLB payers involved.

If ARod is suspended I think it will actually help the Yankees. I am pretty sure that I read that he has a clause in his contract where if he is suspended or caught with steroids it voids the rest of the contract. I will do some digging to make sure though.

We touched on this last night

Without a positive test, I bet 20 of those players don't miss a game.
Per the labor agreement a positive test is not required. The players will be suspended.

The interesting part will come during the appeal, where the players have the right to examine evidence against them and confront witnesses. Will the suspensions be upheld? That is the question.

It will be interesting to see who all shows up in this investigation. I have heard about 10 names so far and thought I heard there could be 20 MLB payers involved.
There are rumors of even bigger names than A-Rod and Braun being involved.

Gio Gonzale is apparently in the clear, he got legal stuff from the clinic.

Per the labor agreement a positive test is not required. The players will be suspended.

The interesting part will come during the appeal, where the players have the right to examine evidence against them and confront witnesses. Will the suspensions be upheld? That is the question.

Is that in the labor agreement? You can be suspended because somebody said you took drugs? Well shat. I took steroids with the entire St. Louis Cardinals roster.

This is not going to go well for Braun. He came off as a liar who got off on a technicality last time, though he was clearly cheating. I have a feeling he won't be so lucky this time.
That's because he is a cheater who lined got off on a technicality.

Is that in the labor agreement? You can be suspended because somebody said you took drugs? Well shat. I took steroids with the entire St. Louis Cardinals roster.

Don't you dare!

From ESPN's Jason Stark's article:
It's possible that only a handful of those names will be players who have ever tested positive. For anything. But remember, that's not a factor in a case of this sort. Not anymore.

These days, the commissioner's office is empowered by baseball's Joint Drug Agreement to suspend players without a positive test. All it needs is proof that they used a banned PED, or possessed one, or did business with someone like Bosch and then lied about it when confronted.

Back