KBS C-Taper Lite Iron Shaft - Review Thread

I called asking about the availability of these today. The rep said that most companies probably won't have them in the available lineup for maybe 6 months.

Argh...

tuqy3aqe.jpg

begu3a9a.jpg

abudata8.jpg
Loving the nions Jman.

id like to try these and the steelfibers next fall and get a set of one.

So, Umm KBS is giving a set of these away, somehow on facebook. Not sure how, but they said they are.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I really want to try these. The C-Taper's were a little more man making then I want. Absolutely love both the Tours and 90's.

Going to start working on getting these guys installed tonight.

Jman they look great! First impressions on feel, flight, responsiveness? Details man! I want details

I called asking about the availability of these today. The rep said that most companies probably won't have them in the available lineup for maybe 6 months.

If getting straight from KBS, you can Pre-order starting today and they start shipping on 7/8.

Thanks for the pics Jman. They look phenomenal. Can't believe how nice they do look. Now, how did they hit and feel?

I'm driving gents, I'll be home after a bit with a couple early thoughts. Soon!

I'm driving gents, I'll be home after a bit with a couple early thoughts. Soon!

Awesome, I cannot wait to hear them!

OK, so, I'm going to be a bit tight lipped and a slight curmudgeon (word of the day folks!) tonight for a couple of reasons.

1) Anyone who knows me knows I'm a bit OCD about the setup of my forum testing posts, I just am, sorry!

2) I need to sleep on a lot of what I saw to day to let it all come around to words, it was an interesting day. That said, here's what I'll throw out there.

Definitely mid-high, definitely, pretty ball flight today on the course. The weight is in that range of just right for, best thing I've done in general is getting away from 125g+ shafts. Dispersion was tremendous today, I hit 71% of my GIR's in my 18 (we won't discuss the arm-swinging tired butt extra 9). Respond well to my tempo, I know its an overused word sometimes, but smooth, more feel than my C-Tapers, no doubt. I did not lose ANY distance coming from the 60ish gram graphite shafts I'd been using in the altitudes, NONE, this surprised me...but more on that in my full write up.

There's a jumbled mess of a teaser of random thoughts, see how m crazy head works? I'll have a full ORGANIZED AND PRETTY post tomorrow, bank on it.

Sounds like KBS has a great addition to their lineup!

OK, so, I'm going to be a bit tight lipped and a slight curmudgeon (word of the day folks!) tonight for a couple of reasons.

1) Anyone who knows me knows I'm a bit OCD about the setup of my forum testing posts, I just am, sorry!

2) I need to sleep on a lot of what I saw to day to let it all come around to words, it was an interesting day. That said, here's what I'll throw out there.

Definitely mid-high, definitely, a. The weight is in that range of just right for, best thing I've done in general is getting away from 125g+ shafts. Dispersion was tremendous today, I hit 71% of my GIR's in my 18 (we won't discuss the arm-swinging tired butt extra 9). Respond well to my tempo, I know its an overused word sometimes, but smooth, more feel than my C-Tapers, no doubt. I did not lose ANY distance coming from the 60ish gram graphite shafts I'd been using in the altitudes, NONE, this surprised me...but more on that in my full write up.

There's a jumbled mess of a teaser of random thoughts, see how m crazy head works? I'll have a full ORGANIZED AND PRETTY post tomorrow, bank on it.
I totally get that buddy. Many time when I try new equipment, or tweak my swing a bit... I need to sleep on it, and give it time to sink in. N there is no doubt that a thorough review is coming in due time

Im intrigued Jamesman, quite intrigued. I love my Tour 90s, IMO, best iron shaft I have ever gamed. But, have to wonder about these and how they would work for me.

Im intrigued Jamesman, quite intrigued. I love my Tour 90s, IMO, best iron shaft I have ever gamed. But, have to wonder about these and how they would work for me.

Dude, I even sent Hawk a message today on the 8th hole telling him I need him to hurry up and install them because I'd like to get his thoughts compared to the 90's he's played so much. I haven't spent long term time with them, I know what I saw, but because of the short time its hard to truly compare in the detail I think these deserve.

So many thoughts, my head gets to going 1000 MPH on forum testings like this. Bah.

Dude, I even sent Hawk a message today on the 8th hole telling him I need him to hurry up and install them because I'd like to get his thoughts compared to the 90's he's played so much. I haven't spent long term time with them, I know what I saw, but because of the short time its hard to truly compare in the detail I think these deserve.

So many thoughts, my head gets to going 1000 MPH on forum testings like this. Bah.
Lol and not to mention its a "Forum Testing". So he may be a little rusty

Im REALLY interested in Hawks thoughts. You've played with me, I dont hit a high ball at all, but the Tour 90s have helped me a ton with that. These intrigue me, but if it's a slight sacrifice of trajectory, then it's no bueno.

Also, my phone must be messed up, I didnt get a text. Weird. :alien:

Lol and not to mention its a "Forum Testing". So he may be a little rusty

Dude. No doubt. No doubt at all.

Im REALLY interested in Hawks thoughts. You've played with me, I dont hit a high ball at all, but the Tour 90s have helped me a ton with that. These intrigue me, but if it's a slight sacrifice of trajectory, then it's no bueno.

Also, my phone must be messed up, I didnt get a text. Weird. :alien:

I'm curious of that exact thing compared to the 90's, the trajectory. I know they aren't listed as being as high, so I don't expect that, but I want to see just how close. Because if its close enough, I CAN already say that to me these feel (there's that damn word again) more stable.

To the bold. I suck.

Simple question. (Of course I haven't read the thread to find my answer - my apologies).

Are these basically just a 110 gram version of the original c-taper shafts?

Awesome, Jman. I eagerly await tomorrow! I think out of the 3 testers your swing/game is the most similar to mine (though better!), so I really look forward to your thoughts. I can't wait to get away from the S300s, and I'm definitely looking for a higher flight to get some more carry. Plus, these look amazing.

Simple question. (Of course I haven't read the thread to find my answer - my apologies).

No, these fall between the Tours and Tour 90s in terms of weight and trajectory. They just used the same name for some reason.

Nope. Lighter weight, higher launch and spin. Using the same constant taper and proportional wall thickness design though. Not low launchers, at all.

Awesome, Jman. I eagerly await tomorrow! I think out of the 3 testers your swing/game is the most similar to mine (though better!), so I really look forward to your thoughts.I can't wait to get away from the S300s, and I'm definitely looking for a higher flight to get some more carry. Plus, these look amazing.

Dude, Ill go all Jman novella style for you! :alien:

Thanks for getting these on course so quickly Jman. Will check back tomorrow and see what you think. Really interested to hear how it goes with Hawk. I believe he has a swing a bit more like mine.
Look forward to all the testers thoughts though. Interesting shafts.

Thanks for the info guys. Looking forward to the official testing report. (even though I've decided on the recoils.... :)

Back