The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's joining ya?

One of my buddies I used to coach with and two other guys from the current staff. All really good guys to hang out with, it'll be a fun time.

Hmm, not including chipping, I think I just played a shank/duff free round.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

My mother had light surgery today, nothing major just a torn Meniscus, but at 82 years young I always kind of worry about her. She did great and back home likely cleaning the house, lol.

Aren't parents a shining example of how to mature gracefully? My dad is 88 and he still plays golf 3 days a week. This is after lung cancer surgery last year! I hope I am cleaning house and playing golf at our parents' age!

I had a revelation this afternoon. I have been in my career for about 11 years now, and next week will really be the first extended vacation that I have taken. Before now, my longest vacation was four business days (i.e., Tuesday through Sunday). I'll be gone for 10 days on this trip.

I don't know if this should go in the rant thread or the HHJJ thread. But, I'm pretty excited about the trip, so I'll put it here.

I have it on good authority it takes about a week to unwind and relax. You won't recognize yourself by the end of the second week! Sounds like a well earned rest!

I started walking two miles with my son yesterday. I got up this morning and he was up and asking, " ready for the walk again Dad?" :D We are having a great time doing our morning walks together, talking about any and everything. Just good father/son time! We are going to bump it up to four miles a day four days a week starting next week. It has to be very early in the mornings or late in evenings now that the summer heat is firing up. We took our dog Roxie with us this morning and she was excited to see all the horses, goats, rabbits, chipmunks, and various other animals beside our walking trail :thumb:

How wonderful for you and your son! Those quiet unassuming times with parents (and spouses....or should the plural be spice? and children) are the memories we treasure the most.

It makes your day when you bump into someone you haven't seen in a couple months and they tell you that you look like you lost a bunch of weight and are really in good shape!!

How cool is that! Works better than a scale for feeling good about your hard work doesn't it?

That's unbelievable. You're technically a genius. Probably in the top 0.5% of all human beings. Possibly better.

Well, it was based on age, so I guess that means I'm in the top .5% of my age, but I'm still happy with it.

Packed and headed off to Myrtle Beach in a few hours for a weekend of golf and surf. Soggy golf from last nights downpours, but exquisite soggy golf.

Heading out to play 36+ at Bowes creek country club in Elgin,IL!

I haven't been on the forum as much as usual the past 3 days. We are in Valdosta as my granddaughter had 4 wisdom teeth removed yesterday. Today she is starting to feel human again, we are taking care of her and our great grandson. So glad that everything went well and she is recovering nicely. We are actually in hog heaven being with them!

Canadan and mward keeping me up until almost 2:00 AM.

Yes, I put it in the HHJJ thread, nothing like nonstop banter with THP'ers about golf.....and denim.

Our course re-opens June 14 after being closed since the end of September for renovations. Can't wait to play the new layout.

I haven't been on the forum as much as usual the past 3 days. We are in Valdosta as my granddaughter had 4 wisdom teeth removed yesterday. Today she is starting to feel human again, we are taking care of her and our great grandson. So glad that everything went well and she is recovering nicely. We are actually in hog heaven being with them!

Glad to hear all is better down there buddy! My son will be going through the wisdom tooth surgery before too long. It must really be tough having four of them suckers pulled or cut out at the same time :beat-up:! Just curious, does insurance cover this type surgery or is it all out of pocket?

Glad to hear all is better down there buddy! My son will be going through the wisdom tooth surgery before too long. It must really be tough having four of them suckers pulled or cut out at the same time :beat-up:! Just curious, does insurance cover this type surgery or is it all out of pocket?

Probably depends on the insurance. I know my mom's insurance covered all of mine but the deductible since I was still in college full time (so I was still covered by her work policy). That was 1982 though and things have changed since then!

Our course re-opens June 14 after being closed since the end of September for renovations. Can't wait to play the new layout.

Awesome I remember talking to you about the new layout. Gonna be like playing a whole new track.

I took the plunge yesterday and had lasik surgery. I just got back from my "one day" appointment with my optometrist and i'm already seeing 20/20 which will only improve as the swelling goes down. I am to say the least stoked. I've worn glasses or contacts for 40 years and couldn't see 5 feet in front of me.

That's awesome, Rick, congrats.

I took the plunge yesterday and had lasik surgery. I just got back from my "one day" appointment with my optometrist and i'm already seeing 20/20 which will only improve as the swelling goes down. I am to say the least stoked. I've worn glasses or contacts for 40 years and couldn't see 5 feet in front of me.

Lasik is awesome. Keep using those moisturizing eye drops!

I think Smallie nailed it with his reply, I would not know for sure but I do know she wrote a check for $1400 yesterday and the bill said she has a balance due of $800. This surgery was done in the Oral Surgeons office.

I had mine done about 10 years ago. Doc said I was better than 20/20 a month post-op.
Now that I'm past 45, I need reading glasses, especially later in the day when my eyes are tired.
But I'm still 20/20 in one and 20/25 in the other. I was like 20/400 before.
LOVE IT!

My crappy roommate finally got the boot! He's out at the end of next month.

I had mine done about 10 years ago. Doc said I was better than 20/20 a month post-op.
Now that I'm past 45, I need reading glasses, especially later in the day when my eyes are tired.
But I'm still 20/20 in one and 20/25 in the other. I was like 20/400 before.
LOVE IT!

It was the best thing I've ever had done. I was worse than you, I was close to 20/800 or something crazy.

On Vacation. A week of US Open and playing golf with my wife and my dad!

Lasik is awesome. Keep using those moisturizing eye drops!

I wish I had the nerve to do it!

I have no desire to let anyone near my eyeballs After seeing what T2Grn went through with PRK many moons ago. Different techniques, I know but no thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back