The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
TH that was a crazy story. Glad you are ok.

62* for the high temp in June is my rant. I really need to move.

Need me to kick somebody's ass for ya?
Just one of those weeks where things just pile up and keep getting hit with one thing after another man. Frustrating.

I am not sure how to explain this, but here it goes.

I was up at my local 9 hole with a buddy. We had just finished playing 9 the first time around and I was playing well. +3 through 9 holes with a birdie, 4 bogeys, and 4 pars. We play #1 again and I par it and we tee off and two and begin our walk to the second fairway. You have to cross a bridge to get there so I decide to let my Clicgear roll down to the bridge like I do everytime I play, but this time it was different. As it approaches the bridge it hits a rock that was in the path and bounces left straight towards the water below.. I race down to grab it and as I reach the bag and cart flip over the side of the bridge and into the water.

I throw my shoes off and race down the hill and jump into what I thought was a shallow creek, it wasnt. I couldnt touch the bottom so I raced into the water and grabbed my wallet which was floating down the creek. I get my wallet and pull up my cart bag which has 2 clubs in it. When I see this I start freaking out and think I lost almost my entire bag. Luckily they had sunk right where they fell in and I was able to snag all of my clubs..

In the process I lost my apartment keys and my phone. I guess this is what you get for being a moron, but luckily my clubs are safe. The phone and keys have been replaced and I wasnt hurt, so things could have been a lot lot worse.

Unfortunately all I have lost now is my dignity haha

That would have been the greatest HOTD video ever. Glad your ok lad

Probably not, but Waterboy sure as hell will.

Haha I shouldn't have posted this! Actually yes I should have. Figured a few people might laugh.

Waterboy it is! Hope I made you laugh ryan

Haha I shouldn't have posted this! Actually yes I should have. Figured a few people might laugh.

Waterboy it is! Hope I made you laugh ryan
Actually, your story was a much needed laugh.

Thanks, WB.

Man, missed opportunity with the taser too...

Then pack a bag. Run for your life and i'll pick you up for the airport.

Isn't there some way you could splint the branch

I could just tape it back up there for aesthetics purposes. Haha

Splint the branch had me laughing.

TH that was a crazy story. Glad you are ok.

62* for the high temp in June is my rant. I really need to move.
Insane isn't it? We're still barely breaking 70 on a regular basis down south here. :wink:

It'll turn around, have faith! At least the snow is gone.....it is gone right?

Just one of those weeks where things just pile up and keep getting hit with one thing after another man. Frustrating.
Once this week is over we're 1 week closer to hanging out together in MB. Can't be all bad now can it?

Handicap with an R by it.

Ok so i do not know why but this has been bothering the hell out of me. The last GHIN came out and shows me at a 16.0R. Been reading a lot of forums and all i can see that is associated with that damn R is sandbagging. How i got this was i shot an 80 during a tournament at my mens club. I have not shot that low in about 10 years. I think i played that course about 20 times in the past 4 years, so to me, i know the course pretty well. Outside my club course i shoot in the range of 85-100+ no joke. I guess that is the definition of amateurs whereas professionals are consistent and im not. Anyways though, i keep all my scores for the past 5 years and each year im averaging the score of 95 about. I dont care about slope and rating of courses etc. just scores. My previous Handicap are as follow; 16.0R, 18.6, 18.1, 17.1, 16.0, 16.0, 16.0, 15.4 and the rest are about a 15.8 average. So going by my previous handicaps, why am i getting singled out for one good round with the damn scarlet letter R?

Ok so my rant is, why the hell do i feel like people think im sandbagging or even cheating. I happen to shoot better at my mens club than anywhere else cause i know the course. Before my 80. my previous best there was an 84 but my worst there was 105 so i fluctuate like crazy. My friends whom were paired with me that day during the tournament can also say that i shot lights out that day.

Somebody give me something positive so that i can go into the weekend feeling a little better and not worry about this. Thanks in advance

What does the “R” mean after my Handicap Index?

The R after your Handicap Index stands for Reduced and it means that you were Reduced for exceptional tournament play. This process is built into the handicap system and is recalculated at each revision. When you play in a tournament and shoot a score significantly lower than your handicap (and do it more than once), you are eligible for a reduction because you demonstrated the ability to shoot better scores than your handicap reflects. If your T-scores are significantly lower than your current, calculated Handicap Index then the system has reduced your index to be more in line with your true abilities. The math behind this process is detailed in section 10-3 of the USGA Handicap System Manual. How long the reduction lasts depends upon the calculated index, which is based on the scores the golfer has posted, what the two low tournament differentials are and how many tournament games the golfer has posted over the last 12 months. To be clear, this is not a penalty, but rather part of the formula for calculating a player’s Handicap Index. If you feel this reduction is not warranted, you can speak to your Handicap Chair about removing or modifying the reduction.

My parking garage at work is the closest facility to the county courthouse. This means people who aren't used to coming downtown, aren't used to this parking facility and who are usually called to court for traffic violations - in other words bad drivers - are milling in and out of the garage. It is a hassle for us regulars. This morning I stupidly got out of my car to talk to one person after they cut me off, started waving their hands in an animated way and gave me the long horn honk. I shook my head, realized how stupid it was to get out of my car and moved on. At about the 3rd floor I nearly got in an accident when someone realized they went about 3/4 of a car length past an open spot right that was located on a corner, who then stopped on a dime and quickly threw it into reverse to "beat me" (quotation marks because I wasn't going to park there) to the spot. In doing so they very nearly crashed into me. It startled me in one of those schocking kind of take your breath away ways. I shook my head and moved on, happy not to be filling out an accident report. A little later in the day I went to the parking office to pay my bill. The girl behind the counter literally looked at me and went back to typing. For five full minutes. She then looked up again and said "someone" will be with you shortly and went back to typing. For another five full minutes. I stood there for 10 minutes watching her type. After 10 minutes she stopped typing and helped me. Some days you feel like you should have just stayed home...

What does the “R” mean after my Handicap Index?

The R after your Handicap Index stands for Reduced and it means that you were Reduced for exceptional tournament play. This process is built into the handicap system and is recalculated at each revision. When you play in a tournament and shoot a score significantly lower than your handicap (and do it more than once), you are eligible for a reduction because you demonstrated the ability to shoot better scores than your handicap reflects.If your T-scores are significantly lower than your current, calculated Handicap Index then the system has reduced your index to be more in line with your true abilities. The math behind this process is detailed in section 10-3 of the USGA Handicap System Manual.How long the reduction lasts depends upon the calculated index, which is based on the scores the golfer has posted, what the two low tournament differentials are and how many tournament games the golfer has posted over the last 12 months. To be clear, this is not a penalty, but rather part of the formula for calculating a player’s Handicap Index. If you feel this reduction is not warranted, you can speak to your Handicap Chair about removing or modifying the reduction.

So is the "R" put on by NCGA, or my club?

So is the "R" put on by NCGA, or my club?

Looks to be automatic:

Question: What does an "R" mean next to my Handicap Index?

Answer: The "R" signifies a "reduction" has been placed on your Handicap Index. The USGA has a section (10-3) in its Handicap System that automatically reduces the Handicap Indexes of players who consistently scores better in competitions than in informal play. To be used, the procedure requires that a player have two or more eligible tournament scores and a minimum of two tournament score differentials which are at least three strokes better than the player's current USGA Handicap Index. What most players don't realize is that an eligible tournament score under Section 10-3 is a tournament score contained within the player's last twenty scores or any tournament score made within the current year. All tournament scores posted will stay with your scoring record for a year from the date that they were shot.

Was planning on playing 45 holes today. Struck the ball beautifully at a beautiful course on the first 18. Went 41-44 just putted like a jackass.

Next 9 went fine then I literally shanked every iron and wedge on holes 28-36. It came out of nowhere and was so bad. Decided to just head home early after 36. Meh :(

Insane isn't it? We're still barely breaking 70 on a regular basis down south here. :wink:

It'll turn around, have faith! At least the snow is gone.....it is gone isn't it?

Funny you should say that, I was up at Giants Ridge last weekend and some of the runs still had snow on them.

Email inbox gets filled with golf deals on a daily basis. I, for one, absolutely love it. My bank account, however, has other things to say.

Another great friend's dad was laid to rest today...second in 3 months... Cancer sucks!

LtEvOtApPeD B4

Sorry to hear that Doug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back