What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot a pathetic 95 at Pajaro Valley in Watsonville CA. Weirdly, I didn't feel like I played anywhere near that bad, probably because I hit 78.6 of my fairways. What killed me where the 39 putts, not counting the half a dozen from the fringe! I moved from the UK 3 months ago out to California, and the greens are a totally different beast out here. They are killing me. Slopes, grain, speed, virtually every hole you have to make sure you leave the ball under the hole or you are in 3 putt country. My putting has always been my weakness but the greens out here are making a mug of me!!

39/44 wheels fell off on back 27 holes must have been my limit today.

Sand killed me too

Shot 107 on Saturday. My what a difference a day will make.

Today I shot 42 on the front 9 (2 doubles and 2 bogies) and 43 on the back (a triple *max*, a double, 2 bogies, and a birdie).

Was a par 73 course because we played the front nine of the Jones course and the back nine of the Players which has three par 5's at Lyman Orchards.

44-38 / 82
8/13 FW
7/18 GIR
33 putts

Few bad doubles early on and some struggles with the driver before things started getting into a groove. Range was closed so that didn't really help.

Short game was fantastic and some chips really saved me on the back.

Greens were looking good but shaggy from early morning downpour and not being cut....all good though!

Shot a 42 with one double and one 3 putt on 9 yesterday. Only had one bad drive but luckily it was on a hole that parallels another with only a few bushes between so I was still able to go for the green on my second shot. It was my first round with a Adams 9064 that I got Friday and my dispersion seems to be much better with my miss being a high draw rather than a low boomerang hook.

Started off playing really well. Birdied 2 of the first 4 holes, then bogeyed hole 6 and 8 to make the turn even par. Stayed that way through 14 holes, then finished the last 4 bogey, double bogey, bogey, bogey. I don't know what the heck happened. I've been hitting the ball really well lately and made a putter change from the SeeMore FGP to the SeeMore M7 and it made a ton of difference, but it's like I just forgot what I was doing the last 4 holes. I still shot a 77, and there's not many days I would be mad with that, but today is one of them.

+1 on the front, +11 on the back for 83. Hit the ball really well, just had 2 bad holes. I need to get rid of my miss left.

I shot 50-42 on a Pete Dye course after not swinging a club in almost 2 weeks and not even warming up.

84 today. +2 front 9 had my hopes up but the back 9 became very tight and I had not played the back 9 before and my nerves got to me. I mean who puts a tree in the middle of a fairway on back to back holes....

Wow. Just realized I only hit 3/14 FW and 5/18 GIR. That's abysmal.

44/41 for an 85, which I was happy with overall. It's a tight, heavily-treed course that I play a lot and I usually feel good as long as I break 90 there. Actually, if I hadn't doubled the first 2 holes, I could have had a pretty nice round.

74 at the home track. Pretty solid round for the most part, but I did have a triple on our #8. Putting was better than average today.

Played a stableford on Saturday and had 33 points. Played reasonably well apart from 17 where I went OB with my tee shot and then with my 4th shot! Weather was absolutely perfect, which in Scotland is a rarity!

Played a 9 hole scramble format with my wife against her co-worker and husband. It was blowing a about 15-20 mph but we shot a 35. We only used one of my wife's shots. She rolled in a 12 footer in front of me. I hit the ball really well.

42/43 for an 85. It rained the whole time and I was terrible off the tee.

43-37 for 80 overall. Stupid double bogey on my last hole kept me from shooting my personal best and my first ever nine holes under par. It's only a matter of time before both of those things happen.

43-37 for 80 overall. Stupid double bogey on my last hole kept me from shooting my personal best and my first ever nine holes under par. It's only a matter of time before both of those things happen.

Very nice round Ary. That PB is coming soon.

Learned a lesson today. When you're working on swing changes, leave that stuff on the range.

Played about 4 holes today and hit some really poor shots because I was trying to duplicate my range work. When you hit the first tee, you gotta make the swing that will allow you to put the clubface on the ball, even if it's your old ugly swing. With enough work, your swing can become pretty, but it will happen slowly over time. You can't force it on the course.

Duly noted.

Ary, that's awesome dude, keep it up! PBs are clearly right around the corner for you.

We done sir. Keep up the solid work!

You're on fire dude! Nice round!

we shot a 71 today in a scramble . couldn't get any putts to drop today although none were very short. also made an ass of myself afterwards when it was said the winning team shot a 54 and I basically called bs . well they were sitting at our table lol .. oh well I still have a hard time believing it .

Ary, that's awesome dude, keep it up! PBs are clearly right around the corner for you.

We done sir. Keep up the solid work!

You're on fire dude! Nice round!

Thanks guys. If I take out the big numbers, I'll be able to get into the 70s. This is how my round went....first 5 holes: even par. Next 4 holes: 8 over par (triple bogey, bogey, double bogey, bogey), lost balls off of the tee on 3 of those 4 holes. Next 8 holes: 1-under-par, then had the double bogey on the last hole. I got a couple of really lucky bounces that led to that 1-under-par in 8 holes, but overall, I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with my swing. I just need to tighten up my game off the tee a little more, and also work on my putting so I can convert some more birdies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back