Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rum schmum. Maybe they should play those starting 5 more often. They are getting whipped right now.

Relax wade is blowing his wad early as usual him and bosh will be mia in 2nd half...get it..mia ha

I guess less Wade sucks comments. I guess some Heat fans are less Heat fans and more Lebron fans. It goes back to my thoughts earlier about this day and age.

I see that the Dwyane Wade with the good knee decided to show up tonight.

We'll have to see how he comes out in the 2nd half, that's where he has struggled. However, so far he looks as good as he has at any point this playoffs.

Oh look fragile wade hurt again

I guess less Wade sucks comments. I guess some Heat fans are less Heat fans and more Lebron fans. It goes back to my thoughts earlier about this day and age.

I'm a Lebron fan for sure, not a Heat fan. I like the Nets.

Wade is playing really well tonight on both ends of the floor. And the Heat are winning. Not surprising.

Nice flop.

Nice flop.

I think that was a foul. Lebron went at him pretty hard and as the defender Neal had the right to defend that space.

THAT was a flop (by Bosh)!

I've always liked my basketball teams based on individuals. The league markets its individuals and the game lends itself to often rooting for individuals. I went from Jordan to LeBron on the Cavs (me and Mike Dean could of been good friends back then) to LeBron on the Heat. All other sports I've always liked 1 team regardless of players but the NBA is different.

I'm a Lebron fan for sure, not a Heat fan. I like the Nets.

Wade is playing really well tonight on both ends of the floor. And the Heat are winning. Not surprising.

Im not a lebron fan...nor bosh fan....dont mind wade too much he isnt a baby as much as lebron and bosh are

Im not a lebron fan...nor bosh fan....dont mind wade too much he isnt a baby as much as lebron and bosh are

You obviously aren't a Lebron fan (and I don't blame you). I'm not a Wade fan, but I think Wade is as much of a baby as the other two or maybe ever moreso.

omg that bosh flop was hilarious

Man how good the Heat could be with a true PG.

I've always liked my basketball teams based on individuals. The league markets its individuals and the game lends itself to often rooting for individuals. I went from Jordan to LeBron on the Cavs (me and Mike Dean could of been good friends back then) to LeBron on the Heat. All other sports I've always liked 1 team regardless of players but the NBA is different.

As I said, its a different age. Years ago (even just a couple of decades), it was not the same way. Sure the stars were marketed (thank you Magic and Larry), but you rooted for a team and if that player left that team, it got ugly. No team allegiance anymore outside of the NFL in my opinion (by fans, not players). Its not right or wrong mind you, just different.

Seeing Boston fans root for the Heat because they are fans of Lebron or Wade, is just not something you would see a few years back.

As I said, its a different age. Years ago (even just a couple of decades), it was not the same way. Sure the stars were marketed (thank you Magic and Larry), but you rooted for a team and if that player left that team, it got ugly. No team allegiance anymore outside of the NFL in my opinion (by fans, not players). Its not right or wrong mind you, just different.

Seeing Boston fans root for the Heat because they are fans of Lebron or Wade, is just not something you would see a few years back.
Magic, Bird, Akeem, Stockton, Jordan, Dumars these guys played on teams and were superstars. Basketball was great back then, I got behind it every chance I got. Now I root for players and the teams I support suck (Bucks) NBa is now about entertainment . It used to be entertaining to watch the Dr. Dunk of the Lakers

Football and Baseball I'll never root for a different team regardless of who is on the Saints and Yankees. Basketball has always been different for me. Just preference I guess.

TBH the NBA for me ended with Jordan. My love is somewhat resurrected with Rose leading my Bulls but it's definitely not the same game.

Football and Baseball I'll never root for a different team regardless of who is on the Saints and Yankees. Basketball has always been different for me. Just preference I guess.

I'm the same way, though in the NBA I'd characterize myself as a Nets fan who likes Lebron. I'll root for the Heat once the Nets are out of it, but otherwise I'm a Nets fan.

Miami has to be furious with themselves for how they finished that half. They pretty much dominated the entire half and the game is tied.

Good D by the Spurs after a furious comeback to tie it. Good move by Bosh but a little clock awareness would've helped.

Magic, Bird, Akeem, Stockton, Jordan, Dumars these guys played on teams and were superstars. Basketball was great back then, I got behind it every chance I got. Now I root for players and the teams I support suck (Bucks) NBa is now about entertainment . It used to be entertaining to watch the Dr. Dunk of the Lakers

We sound like old men sipping lemonade talking about the good ole days. But it is true.

The NBA under Stern has been a star-driven league and that extended to their marketing, that goes all the way back to the 80s. It's a little different now than back in the 80s with the access that people have to watching all of the teams; I've seen Kobe Bryant jerseys on people in Boston for example. In this series, I'm a big Celtics fan, but I've come around on Lebron, I recognize the talent of the guy and respect him.

That was the most Bosh thing ever, do something actually good with the dunk and not have it count because the buzzer went off.

We sound like old men sipping lemonade talking about the good ole days. But it is true.

I have to agree that it was better when guys played their whole career with one team, none of this me first attitude that rules today. That is one of the biggest reasons I don't care for the Heat.

That was the most Bosh thing ever, do something actually good with the dunk and not have it count because the buzzer went off.

This made me laugh so hard. Bosh. Lol.

Spurrrrrsss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back