KBS Shafts - Tour Usage

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Hard to believe it has only been five years. Kim Braly talks about the acceptance at the highest level using KBS shafts and why.

http://bit.ly/ZzspsS

Raises my interest even higher. Kim said a certain swing in mind. Was he speaking of their initial launch on tour with reference to his targeting the select few? Or are these shafts designed for a specific swing type now? Is there a presence on the LPGA? 5 years and over 100 on tour... Says validation for sure. Good interview

• Admin
He was speaking of during the initial launch.

It was not until recently that I really began trying to catch a glimpse of the shaft bands from the players on tour but now that I do, I am certainly seeing a good amount of them playing KBS.

They have made huge leaps in tour acceptance over the last 5 years and that does not seem like it is going to slow down.

Best steel shaft I have ever had. Perfect flight and feel.

Kim seems to understand the marketing side as well as the technical side of the business. Tour acceptance is huge and those shaft labels are hard to miss. I love the KBS tours and I don't think I will be going away from them anytime soon.

KBS took the golf world by storm, it's crazy. Only a handful of years in and they are one of the most recognized brand in shafts. Thanks for the awesome interview with Braly!

Higher balance point, softer tip section, easier to load then popular TT products - yep, I'm a KBS Tour loyalist.

I saw this video via twitter and I am surprised at how fast the word is spreading. It's like I see a new red sticker every week.

Another amazing video, it does seem like KBS has spread faster than others, which speaks to their performance for sure!

Amazing story.

They really have grown by leaps and bounds in the last 5 years.

Great interview! Really want some KBS Custom Series shafts. Also thrilled such a great company is sponsoring the NE Invitational.

I remember looking up the few that used them last year. Now there is over a hundred in play

This is an American Dream story. Really, really neat.

I always love to hear Kim talk about KBS. The fact that they have expanded SO far SO quickly in an industry like this is both a testament to the product and at the same time mind boggling.

Very cool to watch!

pretty crazy the acceptance there is on tour for them now considering they are still young by industry standards. I remember when Mickelson changed to them the week before the Masters. If you are changing your iron shafts the week prior to a major you know there is something special there that he was liking about them.

They really have taken a huge leap on tour, making the shaft sticker in red so it stands out on TV was probably a really good move too.

I know KBS can't mention who uses it currently on Tour...but how about we start naming a few that already play them?! Feel free to add to the list

Allenby
Ogilvy
Mickleson
Rose

Tapping away on my S3

I have the KBS Tour's in my new irons and I think I'm already in love. I'm coming from the DGS300's and my ball flight already seem straighter with 'em. I have never played the KBS line till now and I think I'm already a fan!

I have the KBS Tour's in my new irons and I think I'm already in love. I'm coming from the DGS300's and my ball flight already seem straighter with 'em. I have never played the KBS line till now and I think I'm already a fan!

Nate, I thought you'd end up liking these. The FEEL of them through the swing is night and day form the S300's IMO. Good stuff buddy.

Nate, I thought you'd end up liking these. The FEEL of them through the swing is night and day form the S300's IMO. Good stuff buddy.

I kind of like had the V8 moment of "What the heck have I been missing out on here!" So good.............

I kind of like had the V8 moment of "What the heck have I been missing out on here!" So good.............

I understand what you mean completely!

I made that same trasition a few years ago Nate and can't imagine going back.

Just goes to show what can happen with a truly exceptional product and some good marketing. The guys on tour are going to play the shaft that gives them the best advantage on the course and that says it all. FST can also thank TT for falling asleep at the switch.

I was a diehard DG300 player since high school and it only took me about 3 or 4 swings to switch when I A/B'd shafts for my CB 710's a couple of years ago. KBS are the Real Deal!

Back