What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
41/38-79
3/14 Fairways (Lots of near misses, only 2 drives that hurt next shot capabilities)
10/18 GIR

starting to play a little smarter. Kind of messed around a little today and went 3w on driver holes to get some work in on hitting into greens with long irons. Was a good day. Tough test Sunday coming, playing a tough course that I'm very unfamiliar with.

39/39-78. Beat my personal best by 6 for my first time breaking 80!

Way to go Frank! Had my 9 hole PB today as well. It's our lucky day.

79; Started off 4 over through 3 but made a little change in posture and things started working out. Only 1 three put today and did well getting up and down out of the sand today.

Nice work bhilln. Great day to play.

Way to go Frank! Had my 9 hole PB today as well. It's our lucky day.
The captain of team THP doesn't need luck! That is Hawk skill on display right there...congrats on the PB, great job!

41/38-79
3/14 Fairways (Lots of near misses, only 2 drives that hurt next shot capabilities)
10/18 GIR

starting to play a little smarter. Kind of messed around a little today and went 3w on driver holes to get some work in on hitting into greens with long irons. Was a good day. Tough test Sunday coming, playing a tough course that I'm very unfamiliar with.

What course are you playing, maybe I know it.

I was able to scratch my way to an 84 today, it was a great day for golf slightly overcast a touch of wind, they have been few and far between. I played pretty good for me, I had some nice wedge recovery shots that saved strokes and didn't lose any tee shots OB.

I was able to scratch my way to an 84 today, it was a great day for golf slightly overcast a touch of wind, they have been few and far between. I played pretty good for me, I had some nice wedge recovery shots that saved strokes and didn't lose any tee shots OB.
Very nice. Good job!

45/40 85 yesterday.
42/41 83 Today
Had the three longest drives of my life today. A new Driver from Tummy, a Titlest 913 8.5 degree with a Diamona 72g whiteboard.
If anyone would have told me a year ago that I would be hitting a 8.5 with a stiff shaft, I would have told them they were crazy.
But thanks to TPH and its Members, I have been fitted, learned about the importance of shafts, a few tips on grip position and swing positions. This 59 year old man had Drives of 284, 297, and 312 yards!! :banana: I still can't believe it. Shot Par on two and Birdied the other.

Very odd round today...tee'd off at 5:15, the first hole was a blur :D

During the first 9 drivin was good, irons terrible! Putting...well...the greens were super slow, kind of took me by surprise, especially on the first hole. Putting was difficult during the round since they were cutting the greens at the same time. 9 uncut greens, 5 cut greens and 4 greens where the greenskeeper had cut half and waited for me to play.

Back nine...drivin good, but missed lot's of fairways by a couple of feet in the semi rough, not bad, but bad for stats :D

The back nine kind of saved my round...

bo3n.png

Oh...yeah...in my defense...5:15 AM tee time and my stomach was very...well...I had to hit the can three times during the round :D Sorry for the details :alien2:

Last edited:
Very odd round today...tee'd off at 5:15, the first hole was a blur :D

During the first 9 drivin was good, irons terrible! Putting...well...the greens were super slow, kind of took me by surprise, especially on the first hole. Putting was difficult during the round since they were cutting the greens at the same time. 9 uncut greens, 5 cut greens and 4 greens where the greenskeeper had cut half and waited for me to play.

Back nine...drivin good, but missed lot's of fairways by a couple of feet in the semi rough, not bad, but bad for stats :D

The back nine kind of saved my round...

bo3n.png

Oh...yeah...in my defense...5:15 AM tee time and my stomach was very...well...I had to hit the can three times during the round :D Sorry for the details :alien2:

Great round Castor.....5:15 am tee time is fricking crazy!

Great round Castor.....5:15 am tee time is fricking crazy!

Thanks TBT!

I woke up for some reason at 3:30 and I almost went for a 4:30 start, but decided to go back to sleep :D

Thanks TBT!

I woke up for some reason at 3:30 and I almost went for a 4:30 start, but decided to go back to sleep :D

I would have to have glow in the dark golf balls and lots of flashlights to play that early here...but I guess it would be the 100* heat!

45/40 85 yesterday.
42/41 83 Today
Had the three longest drives of my life today. A new Driver from Tummy, a Titlest 913 8.5 degree with a Diamona 72g whiteboard.
If anyone would have told me a year ago that I would be hitting a 8.5 with a stiff shaft, I would have told them they were crazy.
But thanks to TPH and its Members, I have been fitted, learned about the importance of shafts, a few tips on grip position and swing positions. This 59 year old man had Drives of 284, 297, and 312 yards!! :banana: I still can't believe it. Shot Par on two and Birdied the other.

Very nice! Love hearing about new PBs and 300+ is an awesome one :)

Shot 35 (+1) on the back nine of Peruggia Golf Club this morning. I actually went to two golf courses this morning, but both were having tournaments. Best we could get was nine holes.

I played with borrowed clubs and no warm up. Struck the ball really well. Played an old set of T-Zoids. I'm now wondering why I should be playing MPs...

When I get back to the States, I will write a review on this course. Really tight in spots, but really fun to play and very beautiful.

Nice shooting Seth!

Shot 35 (+1) on the back nine of Peruggia Golf Club this morning. I actually went to two golf courses this morning, but both were having tournaments. Best we could get was nine holes.

I played with borrowed clubs and no warm up. Struck the ball really well. Played an old set of T-Zoids. I'm now wondering why I should be playing MPs...

When I get back to the States, I will write a review on this course. Really tight in spots, but really fun to play and very beautiful.

Good stuff buddy! We need to get a group together for a practice round soon at the Trophy Club in Atlanta.

Thanks, Ryan. My posture adjustment is setting in, and I don't have to think about it as much in my setup. It's just part of my routine now.

The new setup allows me to have my hands hang directly below my shoulders at address, which keeps the club in front of me. My turn is better, and my balance is much better as well. I'm hoping I can keep improving on it through December.

Good stuff buddy! We need to get a group together for a practice round soon at the Trophy Club in Atlanta.

I'm all for it. July should be a pretty open month for me.

What course are you playing, maybe I know it.

It's my home course about 1/4 mile from my home. Called Wesburn Golf and Country Club (not a real country club, owners are wannabes)

The good news.... played the back nine 7 shots better than the front.... :D

The bad news.... it was 59/52 :banghead:

Super happy off the tee
3w and rescue off the fairway - pretty happy
wedges coming together but OMG 4i thru 9i was not nice.

Add in 5 out of one bunker, 5 out the trees on one hole, lost ball, couple of tops, couple of nasty bushes and we have a horror show.

But got to take the good with the bad, tomorrow is another day...

If you want a laugh, here's the card (hidden so I don't have to look at it :D )....

Spoiler
20130615.png

Shot 40 on the front in best ball match. Back was AS.

1 double
3 bogies
1 birdie

47 / 42 / 43

Couldn't get things from my lesson started on the course for the first few holes. Then started playing better. Hopefully I can put the 42 / 43 together soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back