2013 US Open Contest - Seriously Limited & Seriously Long W/ THP & Wilson Golf

It's all speculation on my part as well. It's quite possible his are weaker. He can hit a golf ball a longs way and wouldn't need much help from making the loft stronger.

I would be that his 4i is between 24 and 26 degreea if loft.

Also, loft strength doesn't determine a irons length.

It certainly plays a part

Hopefully Mahan dresses better tomorrow, he'll be getting a lot of camera time for sure.

I really wouldn't want to play that 18th with just a one shot lead to win. I'm not sure I'd feel that confident with a 2 shot lead even LOL

256 yards then. Ouch.

Very true. Good point.

Someone needs to test Phil for PED's, dude is killing the ball.

I think I need a picture on those stairs.

Man. How can you not love Phil.

This 18th hole looks like it's not fun to play at all.

Luke...rose...mahan!

I was in grandstands at 17 green Phil birdied. I watched every group come through and he was only guy to make a putt from that side of the hole.

#prettysolidwiththeflatstick

Taps away

haha 530 yard par 4.. Good grief!!!

Something to ponder: 15th hole at Augusta is one of the most famous par 5s in the world and it measures........530 yards.

Par is just a number though. You could call it a Par 6 or a Par 3 and they would play it the same way.

This isn't a half par hole, its just a par 5.

It's a ridiculous hole. Especially for the last hole of a major championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Par is just a number though. You could call it a Par 6 or a Par 3 and they would play it the same way.

They SHOULD play it the same way, I'm not so sure they would.

Even Paula Creamer put something on her twitter about that atrocity that Mahan was wearing!

Stricker, Rose & Horschel.

I just don't see Phil or Luke doing it, four straight days of hitting it straight seems improbable for those guys.

My pick aside, I'm rooting for Stricker.

It's a ridiculous hole. Especially for the last hole of a major championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were ZERO BIRDIES on that hole today. Pretty ridiculous that over 70 professionals can play that hole and not one of them makes a birdie.

There were ZERO BIRDIES on that hole today. Pretty ridiculous that over 70 professionals can play that hole and not one of them makes a birdie.

Sounds like a par 5 to me, they can call it what they want.

Good thing the pace of play was up. :bulgy-eyes:

Bones: "You like that?"
Phil: "Yeah I do."
Bones: "Great. Take your time."

NOOOOOO! Don't take your time.

That's gonna be the next while we're young commercial.

What is a Pels 8 by the way? I heard Phil call for that shot.

Honest question: does it matter? They are all playing the same hole that is playing to the same distance and same number for par.

Back