Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible

i think thats a great tip hawk.... i do it for my 1/2 3/4 swing the 1/4 i don't but should but i can't get comfortable with it and i feel better and consistent doing it my way so to each his own i guess. i think at the end of the day whatever you can repeat and get consistent distances with is the way to go.

i think thats a great tip hawk.... i do it for my 1/2 3/4 swing the 1/4 i don't but should but i can't get comfortable with it and i feel better and consistent doing it my way so to each his own i guess. i think at the end of the day whatever you can repeat and get consistent distances with is the way to go.

That's a good point. It really shined for me on the longer swings, which I'd been struggling with. I'm probably not going to mess with my 7:30 too much. It has been very solid for me this year.

Hawk did you hear Bones and Phil talking today? 8I Pelz swing.

I didn't, but I read it in the thread. We are definitely Phil-esque.

If that is true, Phil is in trouble tomorrow

This is true. I take it back!

A bit late on this, but after watching Buck dominate from the 20-100 yard area in NE with this swing, I plan on buying the book. He was crazy good.

Haha too late! I have really gotten the 9:00 PW down with the J40's. perfect 100 yard shot. Hit 3 pretty good ones today. Have worked pretty hard on using this method with my chipping as well and it is rocking right now. Best I have chipped in years. Today I stunk though

Our local librarian will be very happy: I finally got my own copy of the book, a Father's Day present today. Sweet!

Im pondering checking this book out...too many success stories to continue to ignore

Im pondering checking this book out...too many success stories to continue to ignore

Grab it. Just enough time for you to get the basics in time for the MC. I dropped a ton of strokes off my handicap in one summer when I moved to this

Grab it. Just enough time for you to get the basics in time for the MC. I dropped a ton of strokes off my handicap in one summer when I moved to this

Yeah it certainly cant do much harm...been doing ok 70-110 yards out but a hot mess on partial swings

Definitely worth reading Mike. It's not anything out of this world or anything. Just a good compilation of tips and techniques for the short game. I don't think any of us actually follow what he says to the letter.

The 9:00 swing 'change' is a bit of a work in progress. Need some more practice time. Good news is that it couldn't be worse than it had been. It was almost to the point that I'd quit using it. Had one shot I'd kill to have back from yesterday. A little 90 something yarder that I pulled left of the flag into the rough. I should have set myself up better, because the pin was only 10 feet from the left edge. Got a little too brave and paid the price.

Made up for that one on the last par 5 of the day from the same distance at least. Burned the edge on the birdie putt, but gave myself a good chance.

I seem to be using this method more often from 125 and in....it just seems when I take more club and shorter swings that I am able to keep the ball online better and control distance and spin.

I seem to be using this method more often from 125 and in....it just seems when I take more club and shorter swings that I am able to keep the ball online better and control distance and spin.

Especially handy in the wind for me.

The 7:30 into a wind is money.

I've been reading this book as well and have found it helpful. I primarily use the 7:30 and 9:00 swings from 100 yards in and it's helped tremendously in that regard, in terms of knowing which club and which swing I'm gonna use for each shot. Much more consistency with those shots. The 8 feet within the green target is huge, as I now how a bigger area to aim for on those approach shots.

If anything, the book verbalizes and spells out the mechanics of the short game, which is something I usually just kind of tried to figure out by feel. It has certainly helped save strokes off my game so long as I execute properly.

The 7:30 into a wind is money.

Yes it is. Or when you just need a low shot in general. I birdied a par 5 from under a low hanging tree thanks to a little 7:30 7 iron just the other day.

Especially handy in the wind for me.

I agree....but I seem to be using it more than just into the wind....found myself 80 yards out this weekend...could have hit a full 54* or a 3/4 50*...instead I hit my 9:00 swing with my PW and put it to about 5 feet....no wind involved...I just am more confident with that shot.

Thanks to Jlukes I have a copy of this on its way to me, cant wait to check it out

Book received today thanks to my man Jlukes, first time Ive been excited to read in quite some time

It is a "lot of book". I have taken it to the range with me, it is easier to read and swing at the same time so to say.
Wedges, 9i at the range are a lot of fun.

Back