Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Shot Of Your Round

I had quite a few shots I'm proud of today.
On my last nine I was playing alone and played through 3 groups.

1st one was a 130 yard par 3. I hit it perfect and left 10 feet. Birdie can up one roll short.

2nd group I hit a drive straight down the gut.

3rd time was another par 3 and can up just short of the green with a front pin position.

I liked the little extra pressure. I'm sure it's nothing like I will feel in July but a good start.

I had quite a few shots I'm proud of today.
On my last nine I was playing alone and played through 3 groups.

1st one was a 130 yard par 3. I hit it perfect and left 10 feet. Birdie can up one roll short.

2nd group I hit a drive straight down the gut.

3rd time was another par 3 and can up just short of the green with a front pin position.

I liked the little extra pressure. I'm sure it's nothing like I will feel in July but a good start.
Nice dude! Sounds like you played well today, bro!

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with it. Always room for improvement but I'll take it. Good days sure singer you excited to get back out there don't they?

Chipped in from the green side bunker in front of the lunch crowd for a birdie in our tournament today.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Was about 180 out on a hard pan and had to hit a big, low hook around some trees. Ran up to about 8 feet from the pin and made the putt for eagle.

Hit a really nice shot on the 3rd hole, par 3. It was playing about 140 into a light head wind/breeze, but not horrible. I knew I could get PW to the front and the flag was in the middle, so hit a 9-iron exactly pin-high, about 8 feet left. Missed the birdie putt, but I was pretty stoked with the tee shot.

had a 12-15 yard chip shot from side hill lie in greenside grass bunker. my son looked at shot and said "hit the coolest shot in golf" the flop shot, i looked and said naw, i will hit a nice chip and run with the pictching wedge, just cleared the fringe and started tracking into the hole for birdie, love my pitching wedge!!!

My best shot on my round on Friday, on the 17th in the left hand rough hit a sweet 9iron from about 135mtrs out around a branch to within a meter and half, made the putt for birdie so was very happy.

My best shot of todays round is a different one. A short par-3, for some reason I took a mid iron, hit a perfect draw, it was going straight to the flag in a beautiful arc...ended up 6 feet short in a bunker. But, the stroke was so pretty, felt like butter, so perfectly aimed that I just couldn't care less that it ended up short. I don't know why it was short, the club I used, 5-iron, is basically two clubs too big for that hole. Anyway, ended up with a bogey, but man was that a pretty swing.

Last Friday. Hole 1 on my homecourse's Links Course, is a 400 mtrs par5. I drove the ball with my 3W. Ball went dead straight to the middle of the fairway, distance according to my GPS (used the Golf GPS app on my iPhone) was a terrific 250mtrs! (Ok, got a little tailwind ;) ), leaving me a nice 150 mtrs to the green. Got the 5 iron and gave it a blast. On the green in 2! With a 15 mtrs putt for eagle. First putt, just 2 mtrs too short. Second putt for birdy too fast, bumped the lip. 3rd putt for par was an easy tap-in.
Looking back. An eagle on this hole, with some tender love and care, is makeable for me. :)

225 yds par 4, drove to here:
2013-06-16%2009.39.29.jpg

Not that spectacular but was first round out with the driver for over a month so really pleased, only ever got to front edge before.
Missed the eagle putt, got the birdie.

Looking back from where my shot landed:
1006117_615013791842718_1279067469_n.jpg

Tee shot on a par went right into trees. I had the corridor shown above to hit it through. Hit a low 4 iron, kept it under the branches and landed 100 yards out. Ended up missing the birdie putt after I hit my wedge 10 feet from the pin.

Yesterday on a par 5 I hit a mediocre tee shot and was left with 241 yards slightly downhill. Pulled a 2 hybrid and put a good swing on it and was left with about 8 feet. Made birdie.

A four hybrid threaded through a gap at the front of the green from about 180 yards that I caught perfect and ended up about 12ft from the pin.

Missed the resulting birdie put though :-(

Two stood out today.

Out of the rough to 5 feet below the pin from 140 for a birdie putt that I made.

Probably the most satisfying. Last hole I knew I had a good round going and the tee shot gives me fits on the regular. I picked my spot really carefully and put the ball right where I wanted to, setting up a par that put me under 80 for the second time woot.

A couple of real gems for me today, but standing out would be a 105 yard wedge to about a foot and a half, as well as a 200 yard 4 iron landing just short and kicking/rolling just left of the hole on a par 3.

Thought it had a chance for a hot second!!

Besides a couple of nutted drives, PW from 126 to 10 feet. Missed the bird.

It was a beat down today. I chugged some beer at the turn. That was probably the best shot of my round.

I was about 25 yards off the green on a 220 yard par 3. I chipped in for birdie. It was amazing, I don't think I have ever done that before.

I was about 25 yards off the green on a 220 yard par 3. I chipped in for birdie. It was amazing, I don't think I have ever done that before.

Nice one! It is a great feeling.

Made a 4' putt on #18 to finally shoot in the 70's at my new course! I knew I had to make it for a 79 and I did it.

Made a 4' putt on #18 to finally shoot in the 70's at my new course! I knew I had to make it for a 79 and I did it.
That is great KB. Really awesome accomplishment, good for you!

Second shot on Par 5 510 yard 17th. 3w from about 245 out and working around a tree. Just barely nipped a leaf and ended up pin high about 20 ft left of the pin. Just missed the eagle putt!

I only played a few holes today. However, one that really stood out for me was a par four which measures 472 yards. I hit a great drive of about 310 yards which got a nice kick off the left side of the fairway and settled right before the 150 yard marker. Then I hit a bit of a sawed off 8 iron and I wasn't sure that I hit very well, but it stopped about 15 feet right of the hole. I then hit a good putt but thought I missed it right until it turned right back at the end and dropped in the cup.

Birdie on a very tough par 4 and those were my three best shots today.

Only played four holes, but I made a 10 foot putt for par on one hole and a 15 footer for bogey on another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back