Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit a slight draw 6 iron into our #8 par 3, 176 yards. It landed just behind the hole and rolled about 10 feet away. Missed the bird but the feeling of hitting the shot just the way I wanted was very rewarding.

#16 par 3 playing 186 to the pin on a 5ft raised green, wind was very strong 40mph s-s/w into us. I hit a 4 hybrid about 15' left of the green so I only had one shot, the flop shop. I hit the perfect 60* flop to 10' past the flag and managed to make the put for par....

yesterday i played 36... honestly my drive the 9th of the second round. i had started out driving pretty well, but had started to lose it half way through the first round, when my teammate and playing partner asked me why i hit down on my drives so much. DOH! i hadn't been leaning back at all, so i was swinging my weight over to the front during impact, which is never good for me when im hitting driver. anyway, i ripped my drive 305 onto the back of the green, and made every single fairway in the next 9.

Hit some great drives, wedges, and putts today, but my best shot came on #15, a nice dogleg left Par 5. Good drive left me about 250 yards to the green. Lined up the amp cell 4 wood and let it fly and landed pin high on the left side of the green and rolled off the back. Got up and down for birdie!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Number 17, 124 uphill into slight breeze. PW to 1 foot left of the hole. Made the birdie.

I had two great recovery shots with my new xforged clubs today.

A 6i from175 in the right tree through small opening in the canopy to the front of the green. Kept it low under some limbs, up over the trees with a cut.
the second was a 7i from the right rough over trees and water to a right hand on off a hook lie. The xforged responded well to what ever shot I needed.

Nothing too special, 5 & 6 Altitude from 160 & 172 to about 15-20 feet each.

Hit a 7 iron to about 10 inches for a tap in 2 on a par 3.

Hole 15, #1 hc 430 yard par 4. This hole has an over hanging tree, a creek across the middle, ditch on the left, timber right and a narrow fw. Get through all that and the green has contours all over it, lol. 30 mph winds from the right I nail a huge drive down the left that just bled right back to center, over the creek and left with just shy of 160 to the flag. Hit 7i at the left edge that landed center and ran up the green fading right towards the flag. 2 putt par from 16 feet.

I was about 120 out from the fairway and had my UW in hand. Wind was my face and the flag was in a tight location. I had been struggling with my wedges so I was very happy when I saw it flying straight towards the pin and it ended up 3 feet from the pin.

Par 5 12th playing at 477 yards is a typical 3 shot par 5 if you play it as designed. After bombing a drive straight down the fairway and through the landing area I found myself in some deep rough with a downhill lie and one foot on a cart path. Luckily my ball stayed up out of the hazard and I had never been this far after my tee shot on this hole before...I was left with 201 to a back pin.
The lie was crap so I knew I should take a sand wedge and just lay up to 100 and make my par from there but I was aggravated by slow play and wanted to take this opportunity to go for it. Pulled 5 wood and had time to make about 60 practice swings and had it grooved. Finally was my turn to shoot so I let 'er rip and the ball flew exactly as I had visualized right up to the front edge of the elevated green between 2 bunkers. Good chip, tap in putt for my only birdie of the day.

Hole No. 13 at Crystal Lakes CC. Par 4, 330 - although I think the tees were up a little bit. I hit my tee shot pin high and to the right of the green by about a yard. Chipped to about 18 inches and made my birdie.

Hole No. 13 at Crystal Lakes CC. Par 4, 330 - although I think the tees were up a little bit. I hit my tee shot pin high and to the right of the green by about a yard. Chipped to about 18 inches and made my birdie.
Driving a 330 yard green has got to be an awesome feeling! Well done sir!

#ZooCrew = Screwed

You're a beast Seth.

You're a beast Seth.

You would only have needed 3W today.

The hole was definitely playing shorter than the card. Probably a touch over 300. Still, I was really pleased to put the ball where I wanted. Swing is really starting to come around.

Not the best shot by anyone's standards but its its a hole that is my nemesis. I have probably played it 100 times and have hit the green mayb 3 or 4 times. Its an embarrassing 105 yard, slightly uphill par 3. Hit a nice soft pitching wedge to 8 feet to finish my round. Made the birdie putt.

You would only have needed 3W today.

The hole was definitely playing shorter than the card. Probably a touch over 300. Still, I was really pleased to put the ball where I wanted. Swing is really starting to come around.

I blame the B.Asha.... I can't touch 300 right now. Not even close.

156 yard par 3. Stuck a 7 iron to 4 feet. Made the birdie.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

First hole drive....wind not doing much....276 straight down the center and course was not too firm....nice start to the day.

what, have you been eatin' spinach Seth? :act-up:

ok, so here's my "best shot of the round" story.

playing in the points game at my club yesterday and need to finish well on #18 after double-bogies on the previous 2 holes. #18 is a par 5..pretty open fairway, and I really get ahold of it, but I fade my drive into some trees on the right side. I'm left about 240 out, in the first cut of rough and have a shot but need to bend it around a group of trees to get it in the short grass with a straight in approach. I try to play a long low cut shot out of the trees with my 3i hybrid. I hit it well, it's carrying the way I want but it doesn't cut. So I'm watching it fly up/across the fairway and look back at the guys in my group and say "it was supposed to cut"...about then, it takes the first bounce and hits a tree on the left side of the fairway and kicks back right into the middle of the fairway. They said "like that?" We all got a good laugh out of it. I was left with about a 40 yard chip which I put on the green and 2-putted for par.....a nice finish.

Played Crystal Lakes for the first te with Intimidator and ATLGolfer - hole 15 par 3 - laced a great 5i about 205 but was just off the edge of being in a bunker - chopped it in for birdie (best shot followed up by an even better one)

Played Crystal Lakes for the first te with Intimidator and ATLGolfer - hole 15 par 3 - laced a great 5i about 205 but was just off the edge of being in a bunker - chopped it in for birdie (best shot followed up by an even better one)

Both of those were excellent shots.

I played so bad today it was unreal. Shot 43 on the front, which was OK, but fell apart on the back and started pulling everything really bad. I had a couple of nice drives on the front, though, bombed right down the middle, but that was about it. Best was probably 280-ish. Not much else to get excited about today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back