2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryler and I made the front page of the local newspaper! It is the same Bridgestone photo I posted a couple days ago

IMAG0613_zps7c351dd3.jpg

Make sure to tweet that to bstone dude

Awesome press!!!

Pretty awesome Bradd!!

Went out to the range today to work on the swing changes I've been making. Range was closed, I guess the range closes every Sunday at 3:30 at my country club so they can get ready to mow it Monday morning. Thats stupid, why close the range on a weekend? Anyway...I decided to go out on the course. I didn't have high expectations since I just had my lesson on Thursday and we made a small adjustment, mainly just working on getting my weight more to my left side on my follow through and rotating my upper body some more. Since I haven't worked on it much on the range I wasn't expecting much but I was striking the ball very well and my accuracy was great. So my ball striking is getting back to where it needs to be and I'm loving what I am seeing with the Bridgestone CBs with the C-taper shafts.

I also spent some time on the practice greens. My short game is coming along very nicely as far as my chipping goes. My putting on the other hand is another story. It is a lot harder to adjust to this new putter than I thought it would be. I was rolling the ball better than I ever had before the Betti came, and now I'm struggling to find the right pace. I feel like the softness of the FIT face feels more like an insert putter, and I have always struggled with insert putters. When I was out on the course I rolled in a nice 12 footer for par to save a good up and down on a par 3, but other than that I am still trying to find my rhythm with it. I've tried changing my grip, my stance, my ball position, etc. but I still just can't seem to make continuous solid contact with the putter. I will definitely be putting in more time with the putter over the next several weeks. Other than that everything is looking up so I'm looking forward to just improving on that leading up to The Morgan Cup!

Just a few weeks left, excited to get some Cleveland gear in this week and get to work with it.

Ryler and I made the front page of the local newspaper! It is the same Bridgestone photo I posted a couple days ago

IMAG0613_zps7c351dd3.jpg

Awesome man! That is super sweet!

Another week in the books, we're rapidly approaching that final push to the 2013 Morgan Cup. Who's ready now? What are you focused on this last month and a half of so to get you ready to tee it up in the Morgan Cup?

I'm ready now. The golf game is solid right now. If I had to pick 1 thing I'd say just dial in a little more consistency with the driver, I'm hitting the ball so much further than before but at the expense of it getting a little crooked at times. Otherwise game on, let's go! Oh and of course putting but that's a never ending pursuit, I'm starting to hole a lot more putts with the White Hot Pro now so that's been nice to see. And of course short game work, but who doesn't need that? Iron practice too. But yeah I swear I'm ready!

Another week in the books, we're rapidly approaching that final push to the 2013 Morgan Cup. Who's ready now? What are you focused on this last month and a half of so to get you ready to tee it up in the Morgan Cup?

I'm ready now. The golf game is solid right now. If I had to pick 1 thing I'd say just dial in a little more consistency with the driver, I'm hitting the ball so much further than before but at the expense of it getting a little crooked at times. Otherwise game on, let's go! Oh and of course putting but that's a never ending pursuit, I'm starting to hole a lot more putts with the White Hot Pro now so that's been nice to see. And of course short game work, but who doesn't need that? Iron practice too. But yeah I swear I'm ready!

Good to hear man. I need to control the ball of the tee alittle bit better and heat up the putter. Irons are solid as is short game. Distance is good, but I can't get lazy and lose it right. Other than that I am happy where I am at as well.

I haven't played as much as I'd like so as far as that goes, I need to sharpen up. Ive practiced a decent amount of putting but am still struggling. I'm hitting my irons very well and my full-shot wedges I am hitting just okay, so that will need some work. My chips and pitches have been extremely pleasing as of late and I can't wait to really ramp up my playing.

I haven't played as much as I'd like so as far as that goes, I need to sharpen up. Ive practiced a decent amount of putting but am still struggling. I'm hitting my irons very well and my full-shot wedges I am hitting just okay, so that will need some work.

Plenty of time to dial it in bro. You're going to be throwing darts in a month!

I've focused a lot of my practice on my chipping around the green. i'm figuring any missed greens will need a solid short game. Putting is very solid right now. When my irons arrive this week i'm planning on a getting a range session in straight away as well as a round this week.

Could I go play the event next weekend? Yes
Am I as ready as I want to be? No

Irons are pretty darn good but driver has been a struggle that I *think* I am just starting to figure out. Putting is a question mark since I will be switching putters once the new one arrives. Short game is where it needs to be right now.

So, feeling decent but still have 5 new clubs that I will need to adapt to once they arrive, hoping it will be a seamless transition but time will tell!

in terms of being ready? i'm ready now. i want to play golf at TB and Caledonia right meow!

golf-wise, i'm nowhere near where i was last year though. this weather has really been garbage.
but with 3 tournaments and plenty of league and weekend play leading up to the Cup, i'll be ready when the time comes.

I am glad to hear you are ready Jake!! I am pretty much on track where I planned myself to be right now. I am now getting along with the driver though it is a strained relationship. I am not booming it like alot of the guys do but I am instead hitting fairways consistently and am ok with that. Other areas like short game and irons, both short and long, are coming along nicely as is my putting. I will arrive at SC playing the best golf I have ever played and ready to compete. This has been a long journey for me but one that has been well worth it.

I will arrive at SC playing the best golf I have ever played and ready to compete.

This sentence sums up so much and that is effin awesome. That is what you want to see and hear headed into the MC. Peaking from hard work and dedication is what it is about

This sentence sums up so much and that is effin awesome. That is what you want to see and hear headed into the MC. Peaking from hard work and dedication is what it is about

it certainly does!
peaking near the end of July really pays off big time for a million reasons...

I am glad to hear you are ready Jake!! I am pretty much on track where I planned myself to be right now. I am now getting along with the driver though it is a strained relationship. I am not booming it like alot of the guys do but I am instead hitting fairways consistently and am ok with that. Other areas like short game and irons, both short and long, are coming along nicely as is my putting. I will arrive at SC playing the best golf I have ever played and ready to compete. This has been a long journey for me but one that has been well worth it.

Excellent thoughts bro. No doubt you will. And we can celebrate at Sonic!

it certainly does!
peaking near the end of July really pays off big time for a million reasons...

That's the truth! Somehow, I managed to peak late July 2012.......and I think I can do it again.

Sounds awesome man. I am also excited with progress and know that I will be showing up with my best golf game too. I hope everyone does and that we have a great time because if the outstanding golf being played.

Attention anyone bringing their significant other:

I am once again organizing a spa afternoon for Thursday. If you think your significant other would be interested please PM me their email address and name.

Is it only for sig others?

Usually everyone is playing their practice round when we go to the spa. Anyone who is coming that would be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back