Matrix Program Shaft Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:
great review; sounds like a really solid offering. Unless I am mistaken, one of the possible misconceptions with the graphite shafts is dispersion. How was your dispersion with this shaft?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had graphite In my old s9 irons and liked them, can only imagine how todays graphite offerings would compare for me, but glad u hit them well

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

In your opinion JB, do you think they will be affordable as an option? I can't see myself tacking on an extra 400$ to 500$ on a new set of the latest irons!

I hate reading things like this because I start to ponder nonstop. If the higher launch/more spin was a good thing for your swing, I can't help but think that it would be a good thing for mine. Great job, TC.

• Admin
CL might be able to shed some light on this as well, as he tested this shaft as well as currently testing the PX graphite iron shafts that I believe are 90 grams.

I would have zero issue playing a good graphite iron shaft like this, but the cost factor could be an issues, as has been said already. It would be hard to spend hundreds extra for something like these knowing that the end scoring result would be, let's face it, minimal to a 13 handicap like me. :) I love the look and the way it sounds like they feel. I just don't know that I could love them $500 more than my KBS Tour steel. That's a new set of woods/hybrids...

I like the idea of smooth feel and great distance/dispersion. One of the concerns is price, but don't people pay $200 or more at times for driver shafts? And that's just one?

That's the problem, you need 8 of these... They're about 4 times pricier than the top end steel shaft.

great review! When i was at the TMPL they said the programs will be available in one of their lines at the end of July.

Wow, that is impressive! Great job on the review, I am surprised that you liked them that much but then again it's mainly just me stuck with that old line of thinking about graphite iron shafts. Thanks for opening my eyes TC!

sweet review. kinda curious as to how they would feel/perform on a forged players iron.

Great review. I wouldn't normally even consider a graphite iron shaft but may have to think about the option next time I look at new irons.

So today Wake, War Eagle and mward were assisting us in getting ready for our move and Wake came across these. I have been pondering these for quite some time and I just have to see if I have a full set. I am in full on deep ponder and ready to pounce.

I would love a set of these. Basically KBS flight in a graphite. I dig these and my next set could have them if I find a set of pulls for cheap

Hoping someone could help me. In your review you mentioned that you play KBS tour X stiff and the Matrix shafts were a stiff. Did you see a difference in flex? Or would you say that these played a bit harder than what they are labeled. I currently have C-Taper 110g R flex and I'm considering these for a set of cobras. Should I stay with regular?

Hoping someone could help me. In your review you mentioned that you play KBS tour X stiff and the Matrix shafts were a stiff. Did you see a difference in flex? Or would you say that these played a bit harder than what they are labeled. I currently have C-Taper 110g R flex and I'm considering these for a set of cobras. Should I stay with regular?

Anyone with any experience on flex with these? Pondering these hard. Just wanna know if a stiff woukd be too stout for an 80-85mph SS?

Anyone with any experience on flex with these? Pondering these hard. Just wanna know if a stiff woukd be too stout for an 80-85mph SS?

Ive seen you play buddy, I think you could handle them just fine.

Ive seen you play buddy, I think you could handle them just fine.

JB probably knows best.... based on my experience, if you can handle C-Tapers in regular, Programs in Stiff should be fine.
Just make sure you have the right trajectory, the Programs launch high!

JB probably knows best.... based on my experience, if you can handle C-Tapers in regular, Programs in Stiff should be fine.
Just make sure you have the right trajectory, the Programs launch high!

Trajectory meaning what? Do they come in different options or would that have to do with the weight of the shaft?

So I'm expecting 3 of these to be delivered either today or tomorrow and my question is, what 3 irons should I put them in? I'm thinking that if I put them in the mid irons 6,7 & 8 or 7,8 & 9. They would probably get the most use out of those irons. What do you guys think?

So I'm expecting 3 of these to be delivered either today or tomorrow and my question is, what 3 irons should I put them in? I'm thinking that if I put them in the mid irons 6,7 & 8 or 7,8 & 9. They would probably get the most use out of those irons. What do you guys think?

I like the 6-8 idea. Gives you a chance to feel them in a variety of irons. 8 being considered a scoring iron and the 6 still being considered a mid iron.

I like the 6-8 idea. Gives you a chance to feel them in a variety of irons. 8 being considered a scoring iron and the 6 still being considered a mid iron.

Me too. I'm trying to think of what clubs I use most at my home course on approach shots and on the par 3's. JB do you know what the tips are on these. .355 or .370?

Me too. I'm trying to think of what clubs I use most at my home course on approach shots and on the par 3's. JB do you know what the tips are on these. .355 or .370?

I honestly never looked.

The Programs are .355 TT.

Back