Bridgestone Golf Lady Precept Golf Ball

This ball is pretty impressive. It does what it does, and does it well. It's soft, easy to compress, and I swear it carries forever.

I had been playing well today, and tee'd it up on #10 with this ball, and absolutely smoked a drive, no doubt the longest of the day for me. I decided to lay up, as it was a par 5 and I was still a good bit away, so I played an 8iron for an easy 150 yard shot to give myself a wedge in. Well, I hit the ball, and hit it well. Mward actually decided to GPS the shot, as it absolutely flew. 167 yards on an 8iron, no doubt that was freakishly long.

Around the greens, the lack of spin was noticeable. However, what surprised me the most was the hop and stop on full iron and wedge shots. Often times, I found the ball to be within inches of it's pitchmark, and it was something that I wasnt expecting to be there.

A few times, this ball did cause me some concern, but it would require a change in approach to chip/pitch shots, as the ball just was not checking up for me. No big deal, a simple change in style of shot around the green and I was getting the ball rolling right at the hole.

I know it's marketed as a ladies ball, but, I think a lot of people could benefit from the results this ball could provide.

CONGRATULATIONS KB! THats awesome!

Congratulations Kelly Bo. Awesome!

Played today with JB and War Eagle. The front 9 I used the Hex Black, one of my favorite premium balls. For me, it's always been a fairly long ball with a lot of greenside control. It does pretty well in the winds but can get tossed around if I don't hit it square. It worked as a nice benchmark. The back 9 I put the Bridgestone Lady Precept into play.

7sy.png

The fairways hit weren't any better. A ball change won't fix a bad swing on the ball although hole 13 I did hit the next fairway over. That counts right?
What I liked more though was the greens in regulation that were hit. The iron shots with this ball seemed very very easy to compress and hit very straight. As long as you put a decent move on the ball, it's going to go very straight and with seemingly a lot less effort. The only real adjustment I needed to make came on the short game. The ball just doesn't check, so don't play for it to. On full shots, I had no issue with stopping it.

Overall it's a very solid offering for anyone, not just women. Definitely a ball I look forward to coming out, especially come winter time.

Good thoughts shared from yesterday's round guys. Really sounds like this performs eerily similar to the e6 but perhaps a bit longer. Loved that ball except for greenside performance. Need to find a sleeve of these and see if gaining distance/losing greenside spin is manageable and worth the trade off.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that mward played better with the ladies ball. In fact 2 greens he said he knows he does not get home with his regular ball that hits the front of the green with the ladies ball. That 9 holes was the best I have seen him play to date and it was a joy to watch.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that mward played better with the ladies ball. In fact 2 greens he said he knows he does not get home with his regular ball that hits the front of the green with the ladies ball. That 9 holes was the best I have seen him play to date and it was a joy to watch.

He was playing lights out, a few of those putts drop and he is looking at a round of Par or better.

I've been pondering this morning about greenside spin. Is it really all that important? Looking at the two shots I hit on #12 this week I realize I wouldn't have made a HIO or won a close-up had my ball checked up quickly. However, there are times when I really want to stay below the hole and this ball rolls out too much and ends up above the hole making for a tough putt. When I chip, I've been taught to land the ball and let it roll out. I'm not good enough to fly it to the hole and let it check anyway.

My next test will be to take the B330RX and the Precept out for a dual to see how much this really matters. Thoughts? Ideas for testing?

Good thoughts shared from yesterday's round guys. Really sounds like this performs eerily similar to the e6 but perhaps a bit longer. Loved that ball except for greenside performance. Need to find a sleeve of these and see if gaining distance/losing greenside spin is manageable and worth the trade off.

I actually don't think it plays at all like the e6 ball plays, at least from a lady's point of view.

I've played with the e6 quite a bit in the last nine months and the Lady Precept stops much better for me than the e6 does (very close to the way the B300-RXS does for me as I discussed in my side by side comparison round with the B330-RXS, e6 and the Lady Precept on Friday) and I keep the Lady Precept in play better than I do the e6. I'm thinking this is the difference between our swing speeds and angle of attack that you have and the way Bridgestone engineered the ball for the way a woman swings the club vs. the way the a man swings the club.

I think it is great you guys want to play this ball for the distance and feel, I just want to make sure the ladies who read this thread for how the ball performs for them don't think they can't get spin and stop with this ball because they can.

Interesting thoughts KB and War Eagle, mward and I shared those same questions during our round yesterday. On full swings, none of us saw any roll out. Controlling landing through trajectory was something we spoke of and all of us saw the ball staying right next to its pitch mark. In fact on one occasion, mine hit, bounced forward and spun back into its pitch mark.

The greenside spin is where people might notice a difference, but I can honestly say that I think most golfers lack this part of the game anyway and use bump an run and pitch techniques far more often because it is so controllable and easy to pull off.

Okay, looking at the roll out on this shot makes me wonder. Our greens are fairly soft right now but are firming up again compared to last week's when we had a huge amount of rain. Yet, I hit a 6i sky high and I mean REALLY high and this is how much roll out I got. When the greens were wet last week, I saw very little roll out.
Spoiler

34FBCFA6_zpsc0ef47ee.jpg

Interesting thoughts KB and War Eagle, mward and I shared those same questions during our round yesterday. On full swings, none of us saw any roll out. Controlling landing through trajectory was something we spoke of and all of us saw the ball staying right next to its pitch mark. In fact on one occasion, mine hit, bounced forward and spun back into its pitch mark.

The greenside spin is where people might notice a difference, but I can honestly say that I think most golfers lack this part of the game anyway and use bump an run and pitch techniques far more often because it is so controllable and easy to pull off.

I've been pondering this morning about greenside spin. Is it really all that important? Looking at the two shots I hit on #12 this week I realize I wouldn't have made a HIO or won a close-up had my ball checked up quickly. However, there are times when I really want to stay below the hole and this ball rolls out too much and ends up above the hole making for a tough putt. When I chip, I've been taught to land the ball and let it roll out. I'm not good enough to fly it to the hole and let it check anyway.

My next test will be to take the B330RX and the Precept out for a dual to see how much this really matters. Thoughts? Ideas for testing?

Kelly, I'll be interested to see how the B300-RX goes head to head with the Precept. As you know, when I play the B300 series, I play the RXS version of the ball. On Friday when I did a round with the RXS vs the Precept, I liked the overall performance of the RXS better but the trade offs between the ball weren't enough for me not put the Precept in play more often if for nothing else than the price point. We play together enough that I'm definitely interested in seeing if you would make the same choice (Obviously, your game is so much better than mine that the control the B300 series provides is definitely more important.)

I know earlier in this thread someone asked how the yellow ball compared in looks to the yellow e6. ddec just happened to come across a yellow e6 in his bag so I took 2 quick pictures of them side by side.
null_zps53a8c650.jpg

null_zps43804eec.jpg

To me the yellow looks almost exactly the same I don't see any difference.

I got out and played 36 holes this weekend. Lets just say my 18 on Saturday was a round to be forgotten. I couldn't putt to save my life and I was picking up on every swing so I was topping balls left and right.

Now my round on Sunday that is a very different story setting my PR with an 88 and breaking 90 for the first time. I was hitting this ball well off the tee except with my hybrids. I don't know why I had some sort of mental block with this ball and my hybrids off the tee on Sunday and with many of par 4's requiring a 4 or 5 hybrid off the tee to hit the landing area this ball was in my pocket on most of the par 4's. So it was mainly played on par 5's and par 3's. The par 3's is were this ball really shined for me. This ball has something special off of the face of irons. It just gets of high, lands soft without any loss of distance for the change in my shot shape.

I know many of the guys have talked about this ball not having very much check and while I agree it has less check then most men's balls, it is a marked improvement over the previous model of ladies precept ball. I had a few shot that I was short sided with this ball landed it just in the fringe and only saw 2-3 feet of roll out. To me that is a great improvement over the 5-6 feet I was used to with the previous model.

Tomorrow I get to put this baby in play at my work tournament can't wait to hopefully bringing home my 3rd trophy in 3 years.

Kelly, I'll be interested to see how the B300-RX goes head to head with the Precept. As you know, when I play the B300 series, I play the RXS version of the ball. On Friday when I did a round with the RXS vs the Precept, I liked the overall performance of the RXS better but the trade offs between the ball weren't enough for me not put the Precept in play more often if for nothing else than the price point. We play together enough that I'm definitely interested in seeing if you would make the same choice (Obviously, your game is so much better than mine that the control the B300 series provides is definitely more important.)

You know how tough our greens are so being above the hole is somewhere I don't want to be! That is my only concern. I've been playing less club and have still been behind the flag a few times. It's weird and i can't usually see the action that is going on because of our elevated greens. I'm going to get OG to do some videotape comparisons from the green for me. He doesn't know it yet, of course. :)

I just want to say, that I absolutely love this thread. FANTASTIC updates all the time. Thank you all for that!

I just want to say, that I absolutely love this thread. FANTASTIC updates all the time. Thank you all for that!
The ladies are killing it in here.

I love reading reviews on ball testing. IMO, it makes you think about every aspect of your game.

The ladies are killing it in here.

I love reading reviews on ball testing. IMO, it makes you think about every aspect of your game.

Agreed on all parts. I really have enjoyed reading this one and all of the constant updates.

During the round yesteday, we were discussing golf balls in general and how most companies fit you from the green, back to the tee for a ball.

I am the complete opposite. Give me a ball off the tee that helps me with distance, as I am not the longest hitter out there. Next is to give me a ball that keeps me in the fairway, as I can get a bit wild at times. Down the list for me is how the ball reacts on touch shot around the green. Whether the ball can "check" up quickly or not is not something that I have to key on all that often, as I am not a high spin player in those situations, and I can easily enough change my approach on those type of shots to get the ball rolling rather than throwing it at the pin.

SO, with all that said, to the testers; With this ball compared to your previous preferred ball, do you feel that it has a certain aspect about it that makes it a winner for you? Game from the tee? Iron/Wedge play? What would be the deciding factor on if this is a ball you continued to play or not?

You know how tough our greens are so being above the hole is somewhere I don't want to be! That is my only concern. I've been playing less club and have still been behind the flag a few times. It's weird and i can't usually see the action that is going on because of our elevated greens. I'm going to get OG to do some videotape comparisons from the green for me. He doesn't know it yet, of course. :)

Yes, I know EXACTLY how hard your greens are (the only 6 putt I've ever had for an official round of golf came on that darn course!). Do you think your back bothering you is causing you to not hit down so much on the ball? I've seen you get plenty of stop from the balls you've played in the past so I'm wondering if you are sweeping more to protect your back.

I'm sure OG will enjoy video taping you today and I can't wait to see the video results.

Irons is the most important shot for me and this ball excels. That's why I played the Lady iQ+ for so long. There were other balls that I believed to be better for me off the tee but none felt anywhere near as easy to compress off the irons. I also love the soft feel around the greens.

Im the same. I can adjust to get the ball in the hole but if Im already out of it off the tee then Im dead.

During the round yesteday, we were discussing golf balls in general and how most companies fit you from the green, back to the tee for a ball.

I am the complete opposite. Give me a ball off the tee that helps me with distance, as I am not the longest hitter out there. Next is to give me a ball that keeps me in the fairway, as I can get a bit wild at times. Down the list for me is how the ball reacts on touch shot around the green. Whether the ball can "check" up quickly or not is not something that I have to key on all that often, as I am not a high spin player in those situations, and I can easily enough change my approach on those type of shots to get the ball rolling rather than throwing it at the pin.

SO, with all that said, to the testers; With this ball compared to your previous preferred ball, do you feel that it has a certain aspect about it that makes it a winner for you? Game from the tee? Iron/Wedge play? What would be the deciding factor on if this is a ball you continued to play or not?

Yes, I know EXACTLY how hard your greens are (the only 6 putt I've ever had for an official round of golf came on that darn course!). Do you think your back bothering you is causing you to not hit down so much on the ball? I've seen you get plenty of stop from the balls you've played in the past so I'm wondering if you are sweeping more to protect your back.

I'm sure OG will enjoy video taping you today and I can't wait to see the video results.

No I don't count shots that I thin. I'm talking the highest 6i shot I think I've ever hit rolling out that much. It was one of those that you think is never coming down. I'm sure it would roll out less if it had been a higher lofted iron. I'm going to try some 8i (Ping i20) and SW (Cleveland 588) shots.

I would have to say it is iron and wedge play for me. If I don't have a great tee shot I need to be able to scramble and this ball gives me the confidence that I can. Plus our home course is short especially on the front 9 I can count only 2 holes that I need to take driver off the tee on the front. That is a lot of iron shots.

I have said for quite some time that I disagree with the assessment that one should fit from the green backwards and the reason being is that the amount of spin difference between urethane covered balls around the green is negligible for most amateur golfers. One can almost always find a fitting ball for their most violent impact without any sacrifice in green side spin due to the materials used in almost every tour level ball.

I have also said that I personally believe that the reason most companies want to fit you this way, is because they lack the options to do a true fitting on full swings. Most have 1-2 golf ball options and fitting would often compromise the goals of dollars to a ball that offers less spin and that is not something most companies would want to deal with.

I have said for quite some time that I disagree with the assessment that one should fit from the green backwards and the reason being is that the amount of spin difference between urethane covered balls around the green is negligible for most amateur golfers. One can almost always find a fitting ball for their most violent impact without any sacrifice in green side spin due to the materials used in almost every tour level ball.

I have also said that I personally believe that the reason most companies want to fit you this way, is because they lack the options to do a true fitting on full swings. Most have 1-2 golf ball options and fitting would often compromise the goals of dollars to a ball that offers less spin and that is not something most companies would want to deal with.

That's one reason I've loved the Bridgestone fitting and went in a similar direction to what they fit me to in my ball choice for the MC.

Back