2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played in a 3 man scramble today and remembered how much I like playing such a fun format. Shot plus 1 with 3 birdies and 4 bogies. Not a hope in us winning but really enjoyed being out there. Ireland is experiencing a heat wave with temps in the 30s so walking rounds in this heat is proving to be great prep for MB

P.S the Calaaway XHot tree wood is a beast

I'm going to quote myself instead of editing, but I wanted to add one more thing.

This may not be true for everyone, but once the event was over, for me there was a big let down from all the excitement and purpose that golf had provided for 7-8 months. This is a fun journey for sure, but it is an exhausting one as well, and it may not hit you until it is over. Honestly, I didn't handle that part well. Whether it be continued feedback on all the sponsor's gear, the event itself, whatever, the journey doesn't end when the putts drop in the final group.

I have a lot of respect for everyone who has gone through this process both this and prior years, and I have an amazement for those individuals who have gone through it for the second or third times...it is hard work and I commend you all.
Well said and so accurate Donne. It is far from over after the event, win or lose we all must continue our job as staffers for these companies! It is about much more than just that weekend especially to the several companies who have thrown their support behind this event!

Got my frog some bling so he could be a part of the MC this year.

20BEEDB5-C95E-425D-947A-9219B540ED73-5049-00000197B4E326BF_zps572cc227.jpg

It's sewn on for good. Unfortunately he won't be taking part of Actual MC rounds...

Dude that is AWESOME bullfrog. Great idea!

Got my frog some bling so he could be a part of the MC this year.

20BEEDB5-C95E-425D-947A-9219B540ED73-5049-00000197B4E326BF_zps572cc227.jpg

It's sewn on for good. Unfortunately he won't be taking part of Actual MC rounds...

That thing is awesome Jeremiah, really well done. It surprises me Cobra wont allow you to game it during the MC rounds. They kind of made their mark the last few years on being unique and standing out, I would think something unique like this (while still showcasing the puma look) just falls in line with their campaign.

That thing is awesome Jeremiah, really well done. It surprises me Cobra wont allow you to game it during the MC rounds. They kind of made their mark the last few years on being unique and standing out, I would think something unique like this (while still showcasing the puma look) just falls in line with their campaign.

I don't really think this event is about the uniqueness of the individual.. Seems to me like Cobra has gone above and beyond for their staffers. To simply ask to use stock headcovers is hardly asking much.

It's a great idea though Froggy. Hilarious even!

Callaway staffers, your FW woods will be arriving this week.
Bridgestone staffers, yours are being looked into and working hard to get them done for you. There were some "unique" orders, but they are getting caught up now.

Thats good news, I really want to put in some work with the 3w beforehand. Too many holes last year I wanted to pull the 3w instead of driver but I wasn't hitting my 3w well enough, and that is still the case now. I'm hitting my driver more consistently than I am my 3w

I'm going to quote myself instead of editing, but I wanted to add one more thing.

This may not be true for everyone, but once the event was over, for me there was a big let down from all the excitement and purpose that golf had provided for 7-8 months. This is a fun journey for sure, but it is an exhausting one as well, and it may not hit you until it is over. Honestly, I didn't handle that part well. Whether it be continued feedback on all the sponsor's gear, the event itself, whatever, the journey doesn't end when the putts drop in the final group.

I have a lot of respect for everyone who has gone through this process both this and prior years, and I have an amazement for those individuals who have gone through it for the second or third times...it is hard work and I commend you all.

I agree, after all the build up and excitement I went into a slump following the event and didnt have as much desire to play because it didn't have as much excitement to it without playing with THPers. I think my next round I played was with Tadashi and Mward in Florida about 4 weeks later. But even when the event is over there is still a lot to be said about the tournament, the sponsors, and our experiences. I hope the excitement carries over for a long time afterward!

I didn't plan on it for MC rounds. I just wanted to bling my frog with a flat brim! It looks awesome. And he will be getting gamed in Ohio after the rain finally leaves. Don't want to dirty it up. At the beginning of all this, I was hoping my sponsor was cobra and this is my little way of saying thanks.

Just wanted to chime in and say that I love following this thread. Still don't know which team I am going to be pulling for, but I hope everyone shoots PB like crazy.

+1 to that. Being new to the site, I don't know many....err make that any of the members of the team. But one thing is evident from reading this and other threads, they are united and determined to make this a great event and be great representatives of the site.

I'll enjoy following the action from afar.

+1 to that. Being new to the site, I don't know many....err make that any of the members of the team. But one thing is evident from reading this and other threads, they are united and determined to make this a great event and be great representatives of the site.

I'll enjoy following the action from afar.

Jump right in dude.. MCers are all over the site talking equipment and should be eager to answer any questions you might have!!

I didn't plan on it for MC rounds. I just wanted to bling my frog with a flat brim! It looks awesome. And he will be getting gamed in Ohio after the rain finally leaves. Don't want to dirty it up. At the beginning of all this, I was hoping my sponsor was cobra and this is my little way of saying thanks.

Very true, he would need an umbrella and a bucket hat the last few weeks.

can't believe were 2 weeks out.... i'm dialing everything in the best i can playing some good golf coming down the stretch here. can't wait to get down there and playing some golf!

Very true, he would need an umbrella and a bucket hat the last few weeks.

Besides I can seat belt my driver in front seat of my truck and use the carpool lane with it. :laughing: :cobra: has gone way above for us. I really didn't do it for MC rounds. So all is the same as it was before.

While I am excited to get my 3+ and Hybos from Bridgestone, I've been striking my current 3W and M3 pretty awesome, so it'll just be a matter of dialing in some distances when I get them. Bridgestone has been awesome about opening their entire catalog for customization and if the price of that is waiting a bit, I don't think that's too much to ask.

It's a fitted kids hat I picked up just for this purpose. Looks awesome!
That's awesome well done.
Besides I can seat belt my driver in front seat of my truck and use the carpool lane with it. :laughing: :cobra: has gone way above for us. I really didn't do it for MC rounds. So all is the same as it was before.
Cobra has been an amazing sponsor, certainly going above and beyond for us all this year, between the clubs, the bag the Puma gear and the seemore putters, I feel quite spoiled. They all rock!!!

Jump right in dude.. MCers are all over the site talking equipment and should be eager to answer any questions you might have!!
Thanks for the words..Being on this forum is like a kid at Disney World, so many great rides to visit at first you don't know which one to go on. But I've been jumping around quite a bit and getting the vibe. Lots of good people here and all seem very helpful.

I hope I can contribute in a postive way, and give some input myself along the way.

Thanks for the words..Being on this forum is like a kid at Disney World, so many great rides to visit at first you don't know which one to go on. But I've been jumping around quite a bit and getting the vibe. Lots of good people here and all seem very helpful.

I hope I can contribute in a postive way, and give some input myself along the way.

Pick a team and follow along. By the way you have quite a cool bag going Callaway rocks

Pick a team and follow along. By the way you have quite a cool bag going Callaway rocks
Thanks I will.

This may be a dumb question, but are you coming over from Cork to play in the Cup? If so that's quite a statement, and it just decided which team I will pull for as I'm Irish heritage and gotta keep the Callaway love going.

Although in fairness, I do have a back up bag that is made up of all TMAG that is very good as well, RoketBladez and R1, R11s FW and Spyder putter.

Guess I'll fit right in with some of the other club ho's here :)

Thanks I will.

This may be a dumb question, but are you coming over from Cork to play in the Cup? If so that's quite a statement, and it just decided which team I will pull for as I'm Irish heritage and gotta keep the Callaway love going.

Although in fairness, I do have a back up bag that is made up of all TMAG that is very good as well, RoketBladez and R1, R11s FW and Spyder putter.

Guess I'll fit right in with some of the other club ho's here :)

I sure am all the way from Cork Ireland. I'm actually a MC veteran haha. Team Hacker won last year and we got offered the chance to come back and defend our title. Thanks for the support

I sure am all the way from Cork Ireland. I'm actually a MC veteran haha. Team Hacker won last year and we got offered the chance to come back and defend our title. Thanks for the support
That's awesome..best of luck to you and everyone else.

Callaway staffers, your FW woods will be arriving this week.
Bridgestone staffers, yours are being looked into and working hard to get them done for you. There were some "unique" orders, but they are getting caught up now.

JB may be the only one that knows the number, but how many people did we have tune in to the live media day coverage last year? I remember it was a HUGE number and I am interested to see if we blow that out of the water this year. It seems to me we have a lot more support from the forum this year so hopefully that results in more people tuning in!

JB may be the only one that knows the number, but how many people did we have tune in to the live media day coverage last year? I remember it was a HUGE number and I am interested to see if we blow that out of the water this year. It seems to me we have a lot more support from the forum this year so hopefully that results in more people tuning in!

Last year over 1 million IP addresses (1 million different readers) read the Morgan Cup thread or home page, viewed the media day coverage or viewed the actual coverage when you combine the three. This year we will surpass that number by a large margin.

That's awesome..best of luck to you and everyone else.

That's lad. Be sure to stay involved and you can even watch us online Friday media. You will be able to post questions for guys to anser live.

Last year over 1 million IP addresses (1 million different readers) read the Morgan Cup thread or home page, viewed the media day coverage or viewed the actual coverage when you combine the three. This year we will surpass that number by a large margin.

Where can I watch the coverage from last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back