What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a pretty huge day for me on the course... I shot my personal best, 69, at my home course. Breaking 70 has been something I have been working hard to accomplish for so long now, and I am just overwhelmed with excitement over doing so.

I managed 7 birdies on the day, along with some really solid putting. I'll admit, my par putt on 17 after a great shot out of the sand was full of jitters, yet I managed to calm down enough on 18 to roll a 30 footer to about 6 inches. A big shout out to you guys in this thread, cheering my scores and other scores along the way. It's a big motivator seeing the great numbers in here.

7-16.png

Congrats, Dan. What a round. 7 birdies is amazing. Nice par on 18 to break 70. I can't wait to see what you're gonna do in the MC!

It was a pretty huge day for me on the course... I shot my personal best, 69, at my home course. Breaking 70 has been something I have been working hard to accomplish for so long now, and I am just overwhelmed with excitement over doing so.

I managed 7 birdies on the day, along with some really solid putting. I'll admit, my par putt on 17 after a great shot out of the sand was full of jitters, yet I managed to calm down enough on 18 to roll a 30 footer to about 6 inches. A big shout out to you guys in this thread, cheering my scores and other scores along the way. It's a big motivator seeing the great numbers in here.

7-16.png

Great round my friend! I sure hope I can shoot sub 70 one day!

83 yesterday with my bag full o' cobra goodness for the first time. Struggled early with zero range time (+5 through 3). Then settled in nicely.

Congrats Canadan on the PB, just phenomenal scoring man!!

Shot 81 today from a course called Ko'olau. It was voted #1 course on Oahu and is the absolute toughest course I have ever played. Two buddies and myself decided to try it from the tips. That turned out to be a bad idea. Actually any tee selection on this course would be tough. It was 7310 yards and played @ 78.2/153!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will do a write up on this course for sure as I took picturse of every hole. I actually enjoyed these views more then some of the ocean views I have played from.

Thinking back on how I played today, I actually played well. I had 5 birdie lip outs and and finished the day with 2 birdies. The last one came on the last hole which is the #1 handicap hole @ 476 yards up hill with two carries. The first carry was 260 yards and scarry. I had 182 yards left and drilled 7 iron to 3 feet and converted. It was a way to end the day.

Birdie on a 476 yard uphiller?! That's wicked Wess. Sounds like an incredibly tough course.

Can't wait to see the course pics. I keep seeing awesome Hawaii based course ball markers on ebay. They do some great stuff over there.

Dude Dan that is incredible scorecard. A 69 with 4 bogeys is superb. Congrats on the personal best and can't wai to see what you do in the MC.

Plus we need to tee it up again and match play with Deano as well.

Thanks again guys, the response has been incredible. Makes me feel waaaay too special.

Dude Dan that is incredible scorecard. A 69 with 4 bogeys is superb. Congrats on the personal best and can't wai to see what you do in the MC.

Plus we need to tee it up again and match play with Deano as well.

I'm down for a round dude, absolutely.

That's solid work Dan! Puts you in an elite group of golfers who legitimately break 70.

Unbelievable Dan! That is one awesome round!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

7-16.png

I heard about someone throwing darts and stuff and had to throw my congrats in the hat! Buddy this is one awesome feat and I am soooooo proud of you :clapp::blob::drinks::golf::guitar::golf2::thumb:

7-16.png

Way to go Dan! Great round.

Rope hooked with my HTC One

7-16.png
Congrats Dan!!! 69 is so awesome. Best thing about it is you get to turn around and do it another way

Question...do you always play from that yardage? Its not a knock at all man, I just am curious.

Outstanding job Dan!

Congrats Dan!!! 69 is so awesome. Best thing about it is you get to turn around and do it another way

Question...do you always play from that yardage? Its not a knock at all man, I just am curious.

Thanks dude! I usually play from 6,600 or so (which is what most of my playing partners play). I went out yesterday attempting to match some numbers to what I have heard the Morgan Cup get played in the past to get comfortable there.

Thanks dude! I usually play from 6,600 or so (which is what most of my playing partners play). I went out yesterday attempting to match some numbers to what I have heard the Morgan Cup get played in the past to get comfortable there.
thats why I asked...I knew you were being smart about it.

7-16.png
Solid, strong playing there Sir.

thats why I asked...I knew you were being smart about it.

Hah, it was certainly no bomb and gouge... I kind of enjoyed the variety off the tee. Hybrids, three woods, even an iron.. Playing to a number might be my new favourite thing.

Hah, it was certainly no bomb and gouge... I kind of enjoyed the variety off the tee. Hybrids, three woods, even an iron.. Playing to a number might be my new favourite thing.
its a fun way to play...I prefer it, but I usually dont find that number I was playing to

Congrats Canadan! 69 is very impressive (I'm still stuck on 71), but what impresses me most is only 1 fairway missed! That's awesome. Especially since you're one miss you still birdied! I also like that your card is evidence for me that GIR is more important than FIR; 4 bears missed, and all 4 were bogies. Nice round!

As for me, yesterday in the 34° air, 42° with humidity, I shot a really bad 75. Just terrible ball striking overall. Luckily my pitching and putting was really good. I had 1 double, 5 bogies, 2 birdies, and whole bunch of 1 putt pars.

Interesting (to me) aside, my course just got re-rated, and went from 66.8/113 to 67.7/117. Not a huge difference, but interesting nonetheless. I'm actually surprised the slope didn't go up more; my course isn't hard for scratch golfers (only 5700 yards, and a good golfer never really HAS to hit driver...I only feel obligated on 2 holes, and both of those I could go 5w/5w or 5w/long iron; and I normally only hit it 7 times, those 2 holes, the 4 par 5s, and a driveable par 4), but is very difficult for bogey or worse golfers. It doesn't have a whole lot of hazards, but anything off the mostly narrow fairways is in trees or long rough that almost always dictates a chip out.

Well it was yesterday, but it was 42-41 = 83. OB drive on a Par 5 led to a triple on the front, and a 3 putt double on the back ran my number up a little.

Congrats Canadan! 69 is very impressive (I'm still stuck on 71), but what impresses me most is only 1 fairway missed! That's awesome. Especially since you're one miss you still birdied! I also like that your card is evidence for me that GIR is more important than FIR; 4 bears missed, and all 4 were bogies. Nice round!

As for me, yesterday in the 34° air, 42° with humidity, I shot a really bad 75. Just terrible ball striking overall. Luckily my pitching and putting was really good. I had 1 double, 5 bogies, 2 birdies, and whole bunch of 1 putt pars.

Interesting (to me) aside, my course just got re-rated, and went from 66.8/113 to 67.7/117. Not a huge difference, but interesting nonetheless. I'm actually surprised the slope didn't go up more; my course isn't hard for scratch golfers (only 5700 yards, and a good golfer never really HAS to hit driver...I only feel obligated on 2 holes, and both of those I could go 5w/5w or 5w/long iron; and I normally only hit it 7 times, those 2 holes, the 4 par 5s, and a driveable par 4), but is very difficult for bogey or worse golfers. It doesn't have a whole lot of hazards, but anything off the mostly narrow fairways is in trees or long rough that almost always dictates a chip out.

Thank you, and while you say terrible 75, I say congrats!!!!

It really does put a premium on scrambling.. Two of my missed GIRs were solid sand shots that were just barely missed 6-8 footers. The third and fourth misses were par 3s that I hit long and simply couldn't convert. I don't regret anything from the round, however, I would love to have those putts back.

69 is a Great Score!! My best is a 71, twice, about 4 years ago and earlier this year, which was out of the blue, because I hadn't broken 76 all year. Don't know if or when I'll get in the 60's, but like most, it is something on my golf wish list. Congrats on the accomplishment.

Thank you, and while you say terrible 75, I say congrats!!!!

It really does put a premium on scrambling.. Two of my missed GIRs were solid sand shots that were just barely missed 6-8 footers. The third and fourth misses were par 3s that I hit long and simply couldn't convert. I don't regret anything from the round, however, I would love to have those putts back.

Thanks! Before I started playing regularly, I would watch the pros interview and often say things like 'I hit the ball great but couldn't score', or 'I hit it worse than my score would show'. I never really understood what they meant before; I do now. It was the latter for me yesterday; I think I only hit 1 full swing shot where I felt I got all of it (PW from 143 that left me 18 inches for bird). Just never felt right. We'll see if it's the oppressive heat, b/c I'm going out again today in it lol. Stupid. And while me at 'almost in my twenties still' may get away with walking in 34/42 temps, yesterday a guy I've played with before was trying it on senior's day. I applaud the effort, but dude was a teenager in WW2 Germany. He's a little old to be so stupid. While I was in the clubhouse putting my score in one of his group members called up and asked for a cart to be brought to him before he collapsed (being stubborn, he refused to just ride along with somebody). But when I drove a cart out to him he was quite appreciative; I think the only reason he wouldn't ride with a group mate is b/c he had a really old push cart with him. Once I said I'd bring it to the proshop for him he was happy to ride. To channel my wife...men!

I get what you mean on the missed bears too, no shame/regret in missing a few. Especially no regret in no up and down from a bunker, though 6-8 feet left sounds like pretty good sand shots in my book :) Congrats again! Now next time out you'll have to hit 15 GIR though ;)

P.S. I have to ask Dan, did you get any of the new XVs sent to you for your Staff bag? I'm dying from impatience to hear about the new balls from somebody who has actually hit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back