What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 4 rounds over the weekend, including a tournament round. 86, 89, 86, 82. The first 3, I was grinding like heck to keep the scores where they were. The last round was very nearly a break-through, for me... Oh-so-close!

I played a friendly round yesterday and shot a 77 (+6). I was pleased with this as our course has dried out due to some rare hot & dry weather in the West of Scotland and it is almost playing like a links course, trying to stop the ball down wind is nearly impossible. I feel as if I am pretty close to putting eveyrthing together and shooting a low score in the near future.

40 on my home course on the front. 1 over after 5 and then slow play messed up my mojo. I need to be better.

I spent the day out on the course Monday. It was ugly at the start, trying different clubs, different strategies, etc. Then I played 18 with pretty mixed results. Scores on the front were 3, 6, 3, 6, 6, 3, 4, 4, 2 for a 1 over 37. The back was worse with a triple, double and bogie to go with 6 pars. A total of 1 triple, 3 doubles, and 3 birdies for a 79.

I spent the day out on the course Monday. It was ugly at the start, trying different clubs, different strategies, etc. Then I played 18 with pretty mixed results. Scores on the front were 3, 6, 3, 6, 6, 3, 4, 4, 2 for a 1 over 37. The back was worse with a triple, double and bogie to go with 6 pars. A total of 1 triple, 3 doubles, and 3 birdies for a 79.

Looks like you made yourself grind there but still pulled out a good score. Nice work man

Thanks guys. I am just happy I am hitting the ball decent again.

Jeff you have been putting up some great rounds as well!

And Hawk, well you know you are the man. Keep up the good work. And remember just swing hard. Good things will happen.

I still see a vision of you saying that when I practice. It's my number one swing thought lol. Works too!

Shot a 84 yesterday (44, 40) only 2 one putts and one three putt. Hit 8 fairways and 9 greens. Saw a Coyote on the way to the 18th!

Played Bethpage Black yesterday. For those who don't know, you can only walk the course. It was 95* with a real feel of 105*. I made it through 9 holes before packing it up. Once my head started tingling and I got dizzy I knew I needed to call it a day.

I shot a 45 through the first 9. My irons were the least reliable aspect for me which is not normal. I double and triple bogied the 2 par 3s. I normally par par 3s. I did well on the par 4s which is normally where I give back some strokes when they are that long.

My putting was great once I got through the second hole and started to trust myself.

45/47=92 at West Woods.

6 pars, 6 bogies, 3 dbls, 3 triples for a frustratingly inconsistent round.

8 fairways, 5 GIRs, 34 putts on slow bumpy greens.

43/44- 87. Continued my trend from my last round where I'm really struggling off the tee. Doesn't matter what club I take out, I'm all over the place. I am striking my irons very crisp and the short game has still been solid.

Another solid round today... 77, 1 shot away from my personal best. Sunk 20 footers for birdie on both 4 and 11, saved par from over 15 feet on both 7 and 14, but unfortunately faded on the back, with bogeys on 12, 15, 17 and 18 ending my chances of beating 76. 38-39 is solid though, and it brought my trend handicap to a 6.9. All in all, a satisfying day on the course.

Played my home course today in our 11:30 Hunt, we tied for second. I played mediocre golf, finished at 84.

Played The Links at Stono Ferry just south of Charleston this afternoon. Shot a 41/43 for an 84. 8/14 FIR, 6/18 GIR.

Played solo on the front and got around in about 1.5 hours. Caught up to a scramble tournament on the back on the 11th hole. Back took nearly 3 hours. Hit some poor shots when I was having to wait, even after joining up with a 3some.

Edit: forgot to add that greens were punched last week (bermuda). Had 34 putts, with only one 3 putt. Not bad for plinko greens.

It was another blah day, just not quiet clicking. 84 (43, 41)

Shot a 39 on the front nine before the rains came. Great ball striking day overall. Loving the TM 56 degree, definitely a stroke saver.

Played The Links at Stono Ferry just south of Charleston this afternoon. Shot a 41/43 for an 84. 8/14 FIR, 6/18 GIR.

Played solo on the front and got around in about 1.5 hours. Caught up to a scramble tournament on the back on the 11th hole. Back took nearly 3 hours. Hit some poor shots when I was having to wait, even after joining up with a 3some.

That's a good round on a tough course, especially if it's your first time playing there. Some beautiful holes on that course.

Dan..........................

While we're young, Dan. I'm sick of waiting.

Flat 50!!!!

After struggling all weekend (heck, the last three months) with my irons, I finally see some light. Ball striking was improved, my irons were actually getting up in the air. They were still a little bit off target, but not dead shanks or thinned slices.

That's a good round on a tough course, especially if it's your first time playing there. Some beautiful holes on that course.

2nd time on the course. I agree, it's very enjoyable. Played it a bit over a year ago, don't remember exactly what I shot but pretty sure this was better. Some places you just don't want to go around the greens with drop offs. A few holes very open and a few very tight. Good mix and beautiful. Especially the holes on the river.

2nd time on the course. I agree, it's very enjoyable. Played it a bit over a year ago, don't remember exactly what I shot but pretty sure this was better. Some places you just don't want to go around the greens with drop offs. A few holes very open and a few very tight. Good mix and beautiful. Especially the holes on the river.

I played 27 this spring. Course kicked my butt on the first 18. Played better on the last 9. You're right, it's a good mix of open driving holes and ones where an iron or FW off the tee is the way to go.

It was a pretty huge day for me on the course... I shot my personal best, 69, at my home course. Breaking 70 has been something I have been working hard to accomplish for so long now, and I am just overwhelmed with excitement over doing so.

I managed 7 birdies on the day, along with some really solid putting. I'll admit, my par putt on 17 after a great shot out of the sand was full of jitters, yet I managed to calm down enough on 18 to roll a 30 footer to about 6 inches. A big shout out to you guys in this thread, cheering my scores and other scores along the way. It's a big motivator seeing the great numbers in here.

7-16.png

What a huge milestone. Congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back