2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realize and thus just asked the question so maybe we could match. My bad

Your sole purpose in life right now is to ensure Jolly Ranchers are on hand

Your sole purpose in life right now is to ensure Jolly Ranchers are on hand

8etydege.jpg

Didn't realize and thus just asked the question so maybe we could match. My bad

No apologies necessary. Just wanted to set the record straight for everybody.

Good luck to all. FYI you can stream live through YouTube .. Hint hint

It was streamed in year one.
Last year it was tape delay and the coverage was far better, because we were able to edit it properly and make sure crucial moments were covered.
This year will once again be tape delayed.

EDIT: We will announce shortly after the conclusion of the event, what day it will be aired on and when.

Atta boy Cookie

Kelly I will also bring a bag. Mine will be codeine laced lol

The ones we got from Callaway last year were covered in sweat stains by the end. Much better idea to get them when you arrive. Chances are most guys have gone away and bought a hat from there sponsor, i certainly have

haha no doubt.. I went pretty crazy and have like.. 6 now... A couple of them already look terrible because they are white.

haha no doubt.. I went pretty crazy and have like.. 6 now... A couple of them already look terrible because they are white.

I bought 2, black and white. White made the trip to myrtle with me.

Now that we've survived hatpocalypse 2013. What is one thing everyone wants to accomplish in Myrtle this year? Golf or just in general?

Mine is to just sit back and really take in the tour experience. Enjoying every second of that is my goal.

Now that we've survived hatpocalypse 2013. What is one thing everyone wants to accomplish in Myrtle this year? Golf or just in general?

Mine is to just sit back and really take in the tour experience. Enjoying every second of that is my goal.

I don't know if there is a better goal to have. I'll second that one and add I want to play to the best of my ability while having an amazing time.

It was streamed in year one.
Last year it was tape delay and the coverage was far better, because we were able to edit it properly and make sure crucial moments were covered.
This year will once again be tape delayed.

EDIT: We will announce shortly after the conclusion of the event, what day it will be aired on and when.

Cool! I'm looking forward to it. I was considering flying up to watch it live but I have a lot going on at the moment

I've played in a lot of events, qualifiers, tournaments and money games over the years. The build up is always a roller coaster ride for me. I think about the early holes, the middle holes and the end. I think about what ill see and hear. I try to imagine my feelings, my new discoveries and my state of mind. The butterflies start and stop, it's all a part of my prep from the mental side.

This week is starting out much the same but has a totally different feel. I think I have a handle on why and I'm sure it's part of it but to be honest, I have no idea what to expect. And that right there excites the hell out of me. I can't wait to take my frost of many steps on the grounds of True Blue. I can't wait to shake the hand of the first person I see from the MC. And chit chat with the staff of both courses. There is nothing championship week and this week is already living up to the hype I have seen two years prior.

This is Morgan Cup 2013 week, today is the first day of the week that will change so many lives. It's like JB said, we will be joined forever after this week. I can't wait to see how that bond manifests itself. I am pumped to be rep'n Callaway Golf, THP and Team Paradise. It's time gentlemen, pack you clothes, clubs and gear. Study your notes, go over holes in your head, kiss your kids and loved ones a fond see ya later and let's get this party started.

Man!!! It is Morgan Cup Week, BOOM,

Quoted for awesomeness

I love once we get people onsite! This is a little extreme, normally it's Monday/Tuesday at the earliest but leave it to Brad and Tyno to up the ante and get there a full week early. I'm anxious to get going, this is the best experience I've ever had and I'm lucky enough to be about to embark on my 3rd go round. How does that even happen? I know that I'm extremely fortunate and blessed to be able to have this as part of my life. For those of you who are getting ready to do this for the first time you will see just what we all mean soon, it just isn't even something that can be described. Those of you who have done this know exactly what I'm talking about, it is simply THAT awesome.

With how hectic and stressful my job has become over the last 8 months I simply cannot wait to get to Myrtle Beach and unwind, there is no more peaceful place on the face of this earth than Caledonia golf course. That place simply moves me and I'll be playing a TON of golf there coming up, I am so excited!

Great post Jake!

Cant wait to get there and see everybody!! Gordon and I roll into Pawley's Island about 8:30 or 9pm tomorrow night....Can't wait to tip some brews with the other early arrivals!

Great post Jake!

Cant wait to get there and see everybody!! Gordon and I roll into Pawley's Island about 8:30 or 9pm tomorrow night....Can't wait to tip some brews with the other early arrivals!

You better have those beers on ice

As has been stated very eloquently before by some very special dudes, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for everyone and because of everything involved. I have been lucky enough to experience this once in a lifetime event twice. The entire experience is something straight out of my dreams. I am so grateful to have the chance to do this, to see everyone, and to experience everything that this entails that I don't even know what to say. It's here. It's on. It's GO TIME!!

This thread will continue to serve as a place for any details during MC week that will come out from THP. Please remember to check this thread if you are a participant looking for info.

For THP, the event starts Friday morning in a technical sense. Media Day begins at 9am and we expect everybody on the driving range on time. If your guests are not registered with GolferGal, they will not be permitted on the Morgan Cup section of the range, so please do that immediately. Here is a check list of what you need to have prepared.

1. Your bag cleaned up and ready.
2. Your media day outfit on. Please make sure its suitable for promos meaning tucked in, cleaned up and not full of wrinkles.
3. Be awake and alert.

What is in front of you.
A day in the hot sun being a tour pro.
You will have to shoot WITB videos
You will have to shoot promos
You will have to be prepared for both.
Know your equipment so when given instruction on buzz words and technical items, you understand what you are saying.
Please do not turn the equipment promos into a joke. They should be taken seriously for them to be aired.

Media Day will run for about 4-6 hours. If you are not being asked to film or have finished, you must stay until everybody does finish. At that point, if you want to play golf, you can, hang out and relax, you can or just do your own thing, you can.

We will have water to keep everybody hydrated and you will have a chance to break for lunch for 30 minute or so.

Before we get started with videos, we will be taking stills.
You will have a single still photo taken of you with your bag.
You will have a team photo taken.
You will have a company staff team photo taken.
You will have a full MC participant photo taken.

Good luck everybody. It is Morgan Cup week and we look forward to hosting this event and each participant being part of this wonderful weekend.

This thread will continue to serve as a place for any details during MC week that will come out from THP. Please remember to check this thread if you are a participant looking for info.

For THP, the event starts Friday morning in a technical sense. Media Day begins at 9am and we expect everybody on the driving range on time. If your guests are not registered with GolferGal, they will not be permitted on the Morgan Cup section of the range, so please do that immediately. Here is a check list of what you need to have prepared.

2. Your media day outfit on. Please make sure its suitable for promos meaning tucked in, cleaned up and not full of wrinkles.
3. Be awake and alert.

What is in front of you.
Know your equipment so when given instruction on buzz words and technical items, you understand what you are saying.
Please do not turn the equipment promos into a joke. They should be taken seriously for them to be aired.

Media Day will run for about 4-6 hours. If you are not being asked to film or have finished, you must stay until everybody does finish. At that point, if you want to play golf, you can, hang out and relax, you can or just do your own thing, you can.

We will have water to keep everybody hydrated and you will have a chance to break for lunch for 30 minute or so.

Good luck everybody. It is Morgan Cup week and we look forward to hosting this event and each participant being part of this wonderful weekend.

Exciting times are upon us! Some awesome stuff coming up can't wait to cut my promos and witb.

You better have those beers on ice

Don't worry bro....we will have some cold ones ready for you!! You bring the Irish Whiskey :drinks:

Break out the ironing board gentlemen.

Pro tip: Find FanTails on Google Maps. Avoid there.

You're already ahead of the MB game now.

3. Be awake and alert.

What is in front of you.

Bumping to make sure it is seen by all participants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back