Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, aerotech i95s. Youll LOVE them.

Yeah I thought about recoils or aerotechs for a good while but they just aren't accessible to try and know what I am getting into.

I think right now I am leaning towards the C-Taper S+. It's an exceptional shaft and will help me keep the flight and spin down.

Try the bridgestone test drive program bru?
Yeah I thought about recoils or aerotechs for a good while but they just aren't accessible to try and know what I am getting into.

I think right now I am leaning towards the C-Taper S+. It's an exceptional shaft and will help me keep the flight and spin down.

I honestly think that shaft would be a winner for you. I truly truly truly do.

Try the bridgestone test drive program bru?

I've really wanted to check that experience out. I like where your head is Thain!

I honestly think that shaft would be a winner for you. I truly truly truly do.

Having hit the X and the S tonight, I really think that happy medium will pay dividends for me. For some reason, the PX6.5 felt substantially more 'boardy' today than either C-Taper... Surprised me.

Having hit the X and the S tonight, I really think that happy medium will pay dividends for me. For some reason, the PX6.5 felt substantially more 'boardy' today than either C-Taper... Surprised me.

I won't lie, internally I've really wanted to scream these from the start. But I'm not that way. :alien:

I won't lie, internally I've really wanted to scream these from the start. But I'm not that way. :alien:

I just don't want to be overpowered by a shaft, but having now hit them on multiple occasions, I'm feeling better about that. If I can swing X1's, I don't think I should freak about C-T s+

I just don't want to be overpowered by a shaft, but having now hit them on multiple occasions, I'm feeling better about that. If I can swing X1's, I don't think I should freak about C-T s+

You more than have the swing for the S+'s, Truth.

You more than have the swing for the S+'s, Truth.

I believe you. I'll be back on actual grass tomorrow with shafts to compare. I think I've narrowed it to the two.. I'll also jump on the optimizer..

Now, the intrigue... I could get S's and hard step (for slightly lighter at 120) or go S+ and enjoy them at 125....

Oh the options!!!!

I believe you. I'll be back on actual grass tomorrow with shafts to compare. I think I've narrowed it to the two.. I'll also jump on the optimizer..

Now, the intrigue... I could get S's and hard step (for slightly lighter at 120) or go S+ and enjoy them at 125....

Oh the options!!!!

I believe Braley stated they were designed to go with the higher flex and soft step.

Not saying that's your best choice. Just an observation.

I believe Braley stated they were designed to go with the higher flex and soft step.

That's why I'll probably go with the S+ to start. I don't really want to go to 130 out of the gate.

We'll see.

That's why I'll probably go with the S+ to start. I don't really want to go to 130 out of the gate.

We'll see.

Is 130g the X?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Is 130g the X?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah buddy, and it's stout. Always have to be attacking the ball or it's probably a good 15% loss in yards.

I figure I'll go S+, and if it's not giving me the numbers I want, move them down a club soft step style. That Braly fella knows a thing or two.

Yeah buddy, and it's stout. Always have to be attacking the ball or it's probably a good 15% loss in yards.

I figure I'll go S+, and if it's not giving me the numbers I want, move them down a club soft step style. That Braly fella knows a thing or two.

Might as well go ahead and order the 3i shaft too then... Just in case. From watching your swing on video though, I don't think you'll need it. I didn't lose anything with the C-Taper S+, and you seem to swing a bit faster than me. Looks like you transition and load smoother though, so it could be a tossup.

Don't really have a budget just want a quality well priced bag, something with good bang for buck.

That's the problem. I just got a new set of 4-PW need to pick up either the 3i or 3h. Do you generally hit a hybrid a little longer of they are same loft?

I really like the Sun Mountain SYNC I got on clearance at TGW.com.

I use it on a push cart more than riding, but it beats the hell outta my old stand bag.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I talked to the KBS rep about that, and he said they didn't necessarily play better soft stepped, but for fitting purposes most people would be best served taking their normal flex, and soft stepping it. So if you play stiff shafts you would be best off going to a R+ or soft stepping stiff, due to them being so stout.

I talked to the KBS rep about that, and he said they didn't necessarily play better soft stepped, but for fitting purposes most people would be best served taking their normal flex, and soft stepping it. So if you play stiff shafts you would be best off going to a R+ or soft stepping stiff, due to them being so stout.

Nailed it.

That's SFT folks!

New ponder, I have a hole in my bag and my distance soooo I'm looking at a
[h=1]COBRA AMP CELL FAIRWAY WOOD 5-7 [/h]

New ponder, I have a hole in my bag and my distance soooo I'm looking at a
COBRA AMP CELL FAIRWAY WOOD 5-7

Solid ponder and the COBRA Amp cell fairways were great clubs at demo day.
Would it replace the mashie hybrid?
What is your gap like from M4 to Altitude 4?
Have you considered the 3 Altitude?
Good luck with the ponder!

Don't worry Jamisom, someone has already been doing that for you..

Cleveland Classic 4 hybrid (since I haven't figured the Altitude out yet), and a Seemore Z3c.

Cleveland Classic 4 hybrid (since I haven't figured the Altitude out yet), and a Seemore Z3c.

Both are awesome ponders. I have the Classic 3h and it's such a great club.

Pondering how my fitting will go on Thursday. First time for me on Mizzy shaft optimizer and curious what results it spits out. I'm going into pretty set on C-Tapers unless something else just completely wows me like the PXi. Pretty much narrowed down to the Cobra ACP, Titleist 712, and Callaway X-Forged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back