Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering how my fitting will go on Thursday. First time for me on Mizzy shaft optimizer and curious what results it spits out. I'm going into pretty set on C-Tapers unless something else just completely wows me like the PXi. Pretty much narrowed down to the Cobra ACP, Titleist 712, and Callaway X-Forged.
All very solid choices! You spent a ton of time with ACP down at the Outing. If I remember correctly you were impressed with them as you were firing at the pin on the left of the range. Xforged are sweet as is well documented throughout the threads in the forum. Titleist is no shock here either. The up charges for shafts are different with each OEM. Titleist being the highest based on my research.

which 712's? you can never go wrong with titleist IMO

All very solid choices! You spent a ton of time with ACP down at the Outing. If I remember correctly you were impressed with them as you were firing at the pin on the left of the range. Xforged are sweet as is well documented throughout the threads in the forum. Titleist is no shock here either. The up charges for shafts are different with each OEM. Titleist being the highest based on my research.
Yeah I spent a large amount of time with the ACP and the X- Forged at Demo Day. I actually played the ACP's on Saturday for 36 and was impressed with the forgiveness of them. Which is something I look for. I'm not needing a ton, but a little is huge. The X-Forged are great feeling as well. I didn't spend as much time with those as I should have but inwas impressed with them and my time with them there changed my mind about them. They do have the thickest top line which is a negative but something that can be easily over looked if the feel and forgiveness is there. The Titleist I have probably spent the largest amount of time with. I hit them at a couple of demo days here with the C-Taper so its the most known quantity. The feel of them is just amazing and their just enough forgiveness there to keep me happy. The top line is just perfect as is the ACP. Its really going to probably come down to feel and best all around numbers.

which 712's? you can never go wrong with titleist IMO

Looking at going 4-6 CB 7-PW MB.

Pondering how my fitting will go on Thursday. First time for me on Mizzy shaft optimizer and curious what results it spits out. I'm going into pretty set on C-Tapers unless something else just completely wows me like the PXi. Pretty much narrowed down to the Cobra ACP, Titleist 712, and Callaway X-Forged.

The shaft optimizer is going to reccomend x100, KBS Tour X, and px 6.0/6.5.

The shaft optimizer is going to reccomend x100, KBS Tour X, and px 6.0/6.5.
I'll be interested to see if it does. I'm a tab steep into the ball and generally get a fairly high launch. All those options are higher launching. I'm not sure if there is any sort of manual input with it but I do prefer a little lower launch and flatter flight than most do.

Congrats man!

Thanks, I'm really excited. Now I'm going to order the matching DBM gap wedge and tour grind lob. Too bad Golfworks free shipping ended yesterday...

I'll be interested to see if it does. I'm a tab steep into the ball and generally get a fairly high launch. All those options are higher launching. I'm not sure if there is any sort of manual input with it but I do prefer a little lower launch and flatter flight than most do.

Manual input would mean it is not a fitting, but a subjective test right? :D

Manual input would mean it is not a fitting, but a subjective test right? :D

haha. Good point. Well, there's my dumb thought of the day..lol

Yeah I spent a large amount of time with the ACP and the X- Forged at Demo Day. I actually played the ACP's on Saturday for 36 and was impressed with the forgiveness of them. Which is something I look for. I'm not needing a ton, but a little is huge. The X-Forged are great feeling as well. I didn't spend as much time with those as I should have but inwas impressed with them and my time with them there changed my mind about them. They do have the thickest top line which is a negative but something that can be easily over looked if the feel and forgiveness is there. The Titleist I have probably spent the largest amount of time with. I hit them at a couple of demo days here with the C-Taper so its the most known quantity. The feel of them is just amazing and their just enough forgiveness there to keep me happy. The top line is just perfect as is the ACP. Its really going to probably come down to feel and best all around numbers.

Looking at going 4-6 CB 7-PW MB.

Looking forward to see what comes out of your fitting. Last we talked I thought you were settled in on the ACP's. The X-Forged are also amazing looking.

Looking forward to see what comes out of your fitting. Last we talked I thought you were settled in on the ACP's. The X-Forged are also amazing looking.

Well I was. But then I told there was basically no budget limit and that I should get what I want and what fits my game the best and feels the best since this is something that I wouldn't be replacing right away...so that opened up the options again.

haha. Good point. Well, there's my dumb thought of the day..lol

The last time I had a full iron shaft fitting I went in saying to myself, "its going to be these 2 sets" and I was excited about it. It came out neither and I was trying to rationalize why I should still get the others.

Its hard getting out of our own way at times. I learned from a very famous club maker that said "This guy was an idiot, he spent 10,000 dollars to get fit by me personally at the Kingdom and after we did it, he said 'I like these ones, so lets go with those instead. Why did we fit him?".

Now thankfully he was not speaking of me.

Well I was. But then I told there was basically no budget limit and that I should get what I want and what fits my game the best and feels the best since this is something that I wouldn't be replacing right away...so that opened up the options again.

Wondered how the others ended up back in there. That's awesome. Can't wait to see the results.

The last time I had a full iron shaft fitting I went in saying to myself, "its going to be these 2 sets" and I was excited about it. It came out neither and I was trying to rationalize why I should still get the others.

Its hard getting out of our own way at times. I learned from a very famous club maker that said "This guy was an idiot, he spent 10,000 dollars to get fit by me personally at the Kingdom and after we did it, he said 'I like these ones, so lets go with those instead. Why did we fit him?".

This in a nut shell why I get so paralyzed when buying new equipment. When I picked up the 3deep last weekend I was faced with this again. It took a more rational person to get me through it. Thank god my wife was with me :). I literally turn into a head case for some reason, or more of one anyway.

That's crazy. And that's exactly why I have never been fit and don't plan to anytime soon.

I'm going in feeling pretty informed of everything. I feel pretty lucky in that I got to go to an event called the The Hackers Paradise Demo Day and Outing 2 years in a row and hit most shaft and head combos and more shafts than I can shake a stick at and feel confident with my level of knowledge.But I'm also going in open to something different that really fits me better. If a Mizzy head with graphite shaft comes out to be the absolute best combo then that order will go in. But I agree getting out of ones own way is hard. And it will take a lot to convince me to go another way.

PCB counterbalanced.....will be mine!

Unless they have updated it. There is no ctaper or pxi options. Those works be the lowest launching choices.

Stiff shaft for the RBZ Stage 2 3 wood

That Futura X putter rolls awfully nice.

Titleist 913 D2, 910 D2, or Tour Edge XCG6.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back