Florida Holiday Golf Get-together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scoring well is overrated. Taking the most aggressive and risky shots you probably can't pull off is much more fun and rewarding.. Said no good player ever.

Hey there! We've arrived in Myrtle Beach. I've booked tee time at True Blue for tomorrow morning. Gonna be cooler than University Park yesterday. I'm so sore, but hey!, we live it, right? Just wanna say, again, this has been an incredible experience for me. Getting to meet you all in person and getting in a round, having some eats and an all-around great time. For sure, I'll get more pics up later. AND!..I have a neat one for you too, well, it's for me, but you'll love what I had done. Anyways, G'nite all.

Hey there! We've arrived in Myrtle Beach. I've booked tee time at True Blue for tomorrow morning. Gonna be cooler than University Park yesterday. I'm so sore, but hey!, we live it, right? Just wanna say, again, this has been an incredible experience for me. Getting to meet you all in person and getting in a round, having some eats and an all-around great time. For sure, I'll get more pics up later. AND!..I have a neat one for you too, well, it's for me, but you'll love what I had done. Anyways, G'nite all.

you will love True Blue....such a great course.

Daabii, thanks for posting those pics yesterday. I look forward to seeing the rest of them. Also, please thank your wife for the handmade dreamcatcher. That was very nice of her to make them for all 15 of us. Safe travels my friend!

Already missing Florida, the golf and thpers. A great weekend, with tons of laughs and some beautiful golf courses. Can't wait to get back down there already.

Scoring well is overrated. Taking the most aggressive and risky shots you probably can't pull off is much more fun and rewarding.. Said no good player ever.

Dude, I didn't see any gators and you had shorts on. Should've hopped in the water to play that one! Nice try buddy.

Dude, I didn't see any gators and you had shorts on. Should've hopped in the water to play that one! Nice try buddy.

He almost went in...but not by choice

Want to take a second and thank War Eagle for planning this whole thing. Also to want to thank everybody that came out and played. What started out as a light rain filled day turned into some great weather and some fun golf. It was great seeing old friends again and meeting new ones. Playing with Daabi, Canes and XM was an absolute joy. Guys, I definitely look forward to playing another round down the road. That was a fun day of golf for sure.

I was glad a few were able to hang around and go to dinner and that I got to drag GolferGal out for the evening too.

Just all in all a great day to be a THP member and I am thankful that I got to spend that day with everybody.

Good times, JB! Here's a few more memorable moments from the round:

- #1 JB sticks his approach to a foot for a bird. And birdies the par 5 2nd. Ummmm, course record???
- Daabii's short cut drives over the trees were money.
- Xavier hitting that tree on his approach, me ducking for cover like a scared girl and the ball landing 10 feet to his left on the fairway.
- My punch shot out of the trees on #17 between a 4ft gap. I told Xavier he better back up the cart cuz this is dangerous. JB was glad I didn't get "ddec'd" and go down on a riccochet.

Good times, JB! Here's a few more memorable moments from the round:

- #1 JB sticks his approach to a foot for a bird. And birdies the par 5 2nd. Ummmm, course record???
- Daabii's short cut drives over the trees were money.
- Xavier hitting that tree on his approach, me ducking for cover like a scared girl and the ball landing 10 feet to his left on the fairway.
- My punch shot out of the trees on #17 between a 4ft gap. I told Xavier he better back up the cart cuz this is dangerous. JB was glad I didn't get "ddec'd" and go down on a riccochet.

You forgot one of them...Me then proceeding to bogey the next three holes after those 2 birdies. What a great time buddy. We all saw far too much of that course and need a rematch against it at some point I think.

He almost went in...but not by choice

That ground gave way and I thought I was going for a swim on the first hole.

Cookie, it was around 50 degrees and windy. I wanted to avoid getting wet as much as possible. Plus, left handed upside down shots are awesome.

You forgot one of them...Me then proceeding to bogey the next three holes after those 2 birdies. What a great time buddy. We all saw far too much of that course and need a rematch against it at some point I think.

Yeah a re match is a must. That shot of mine looked like it was going to be real good then the tree branch popped out of nowhere. :D Went from hitting a 54 into the green back to a GW for my 3rd. Thought I was playing it smart on that one by hitting a 5i iron off the tee. Sure bit me in the ass! Good times non the less!
:beer:

Tapping away on my S3

XM,
I cannot wait to see your swing and ball flight in a couple of years. You have so much raw potential its insane and you are a blast to play with which makes it even better.

Thanks JB. Those are kind words my friend! Gotta keep improving to get on some of your guys levels.:)

MC 201? Lol

Tapping away on my S3

We made it home by 5 pm today after a great weekend road trip (1490 total miles.) Thanks to everyone who posted photos and to all who gave tips and advice on courses to play. Good weekend with three good courses, lots of good folks to play with, and the Webster flea market--if you are anywhere near there on Monday's, check it out...lots of really fresh produce and anything else you can think of.

Hey again! Happy New Year All!! We're now in WV rest stop again. Earlier today at True Blue, it warmed up nicely, but the greens really kicked my "poont". That's Ojibway for "butt". 106 total, but even consistency with 53's for both nines. The bright side, it is an awesome layout. Actually played with some locals, an English fella named Tim and a Japanese couple, Kaz & Kyoko. I got myself some nice souvenirs of a couple caps & ball markers. As for more pics, I promise to get 'em up soon. 2013's gonna be a good one for us all. Well, it's very late again. Get back to ya later.

Glad to hear your having a blast daabii. Youve got one heck of a road trip going there. Looking forward to all the pictures.

Safe travels amigo!

Tapping away on my S3

Glad to hear your having a blast daabii. Youve got one heck of a road trip going there. Looking forward to all the pictures.

Safe travels amigo!

Tapping away on my S3

Miigwetch (thanks) Xavier. It's been quite the road trip for sure. I'd have liked to play more courses, but my body is saying, save it 'til springtime. LOL Happy New Year, buddy!!

Already missing Florida, the golf and thpers. A great weekend, with tons of laughs and some beautiful golf courses. Can't wait to get back down there already.

Loving that snow eh?

I know its early, but I've been thinking about this since watching the Morgan Cup videos. I hope we can do this again.

I know its early, but I've been thinking about this since watching the Morgan Cup videos. I hope we can do this again.

Hmm im running low on vacation time lol

I think we can make it happen, Canes.

No one else can re-enact the 70 yard chutt on 18.

I'm down for University Park again. I want revenge on those narrow tree lined fairways!

Well I could always be sick on a friday

Well I could always be sick on a friday
1 sick day, that's all you need. Fly down friday, golf on Saturday and Sunday, fly home Sunday night.

Boom.

And it's cool, I approved your PTO. :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back