Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

For anyone interested, I have the stock Fuji Fuel shaft in stiff flex that I wanna get rid of. PM me and we can work a deal out if you are looking for one.

Curiousity got the best of me and I found a new Silver amp cell on the bay for a steal. I paired it with a Aldila RIP Phenom 50 shaft. Took it to the range and fell in love with the ball flight.

does anyone have any opinions on the fairway woods and hybrids?

The B.Asha 5x will be going into it this week. The stock shaft is awful for me (and apparently the dudes shipped me the 'lite' flex which is kind of funny) so it was never going to be a factor. 5x straight in and I hope it's an absolute BEAST.

This shaft is not a good fit for me. It does play softer than a stiff. It does not hold up well when i really go after the ball. I gained 15+yds with the B.Asha 5x. I really think you could benefit from another shaft, since we have pretty similar swing characteristics.

For some reason I like reading this...

What's up with all the regular flex shafts on the bay? I want one of these drivers!

Yea, I saw that. I am seriously pondering buying one and then trying to match it with another shaft...

Curiousity got the best of me and I found a new Silver amp cell on the bay for a steal. I paired it with a Aldila RIP Phenom 50 shaft. Took it to the range and fell in love with the ball flight.

does anyone have any opinions on the fairway woods and hybrids?

I have both the 3 & 4 hybrids.. really nice. Took me a bit of time to adjust to the face, set at neutral it still looked open to me, so I subconsciously was closing the face at address and hitting hooks. I had to start setting the club behind the ball, trust the face angle then take my grip, and it has been a night & day difference.

For some reason I like reading this...

We are the same. That is neat!!!!

It's getting installed today. Test run should be tomorrow afternoon.

The driver shootout I will have prior to Vegas will be epic.

I will say the Cell isnt going to be in the bag this weekend since I am trying something, and it is going to feel weird. I have hit this thing really well, like really really well.

But alas I like to tinker sometimes

We are the same. That is neat!!!!

It's getting installed today. Test run should be tomorrow afternoon.

The driver shootout I will have prior to Vegas will be epic.

Drivers and wedges oh my.

I had been holding off on this until I was eliminated from the match play tournament that I was playing in. Sadly, that time has come. Happily, it means I can go into full on ponder mode...Amp Cell style.

For those of you who have dabbled with shaft changes: where have you been getting the adapters/tips? Is this something that my local Golfsmith would have or do I have to venture to the internet?

Yes. Golfsmith & Golfworks. Got to watch ebay for cheaply made plastic ones

tappin from my big as note2

Alright, crazy blueness.... Welcome to Canadan's driver shootout.

Whoa..

20130812_142642.jpg

SO PUMPED THAT YOU ARE ON THE COBRA TRAIN DAN!!!! Awesome news bro!! Enjoy it!!

Is the Cobra adjustment tool the same as TM? (sorry if it has been answered before...)

TM is larger than the Cobra one..

May have gotten a KK stiff 60g for this. I need an adapter! Will check out link unless a Thper wants to help.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

May have gotten a KK stiff 60g for this. I need an adapter! Will check out link unless a Thper wants to help.

Hell yes Jeremiah, I think this could be a great combo for you.

Love that shaft with that head

I will have this soon, need to order 4 adapters to test out some shafts. The hybo's are sick and hitting the driver in GS makes me want it now.

Hell yes Jeremiah, I think this could be a great combo for you.

I'm excited. Now for an adapter. And to install it. Can I just glue it on or what? Will have a PX 5.5 available for someone to try out. PM me if interested

Hit one of these today. Gorgeous driver, and has a nice weight to it. Swings very smoothly, and has a beautiful feel through the impact zone. Wasn't as long as some clubs for me though.

I'm excited. Now for an adapter. And to install it. Can I just glue it on or what? Will have a PX 5.5 available for someone to try out. PM me if interested

Yea, you will just need to sand down the tip section of the shaft if it isnt done already, add a ferrule and mix your epoxy. Make sure to align the tip based on how you want to see / not see the shaft graphics at address based on your fav hosel position. If you want a 360 grip that is clean and blank all the way around, check out the Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360. Those will prob be the closest to the stock grip (without the fancy coloring on the butt end of the grip).

I'm playing my new Amp Cell at 46" which is quite the adjustment for me, a full 1.5" longer than my current gamer but I think it's worth a shot if I can get a leash on it. I know Thainer had lots of success with a longer shaft than usual at the Morgan Cup so I want to give it the ol' country try. Also, based on some serious THP success I am going to start out at 11.5* of loft and work my way down if required.

I saved the last 4 or 5 balls at the range last night for this stick after going through my practice routine and my initial thoughts were "Holy cr@p that's high!" and "That is some serious carry!"

Once again the Amp Cell was remarkably straight for me which was the reason I bought it to begin with and it took some serious effort to turn the ball over even a little bit. I was at a bit of a bum driving range which made it hard to tell exactly what kind of distance I was seeing due to a tall fence at about 240 yards out. The Amp Cell was without a doubt carrying further than my 913d2 and I think was generating more ball speed as well, but the flight was so high there couldn't have been much rollout at all. This was the highest I've ever hit the golf ball with a driver and it will take some time to adjust to a ballflight of that magnitude. So far I am surprised that the longer shaft length didn't seem to give me any trouble but it was only 5 balls so more time is required I think. I remember having a major honeymoon with the XCG6 (also a 46" long shaft I believe) but the magic faded soon after.

I am itching to get this out on the course or at a better range so I can make some fair distance comparisons.

Yea, you will just need to sand down the tip section of the shaft if it isnt done already, add a ferrule and mix your epoxy. Make sure to align the tip based on how you want to see / not see the shaft graphics at address based on your fav hosel position. If you want a 360 grip that is clean and blank all the way around, check out the Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360. Those will prob be the closest to the stock grip (without the fancy coloring on the butt end of the grip).

What would I use to cut it? A pipe cutter like used for PVC?

Back