Man, I hate hearing these kind of things. Best wishes to your friend and his family.

Kevin

Prayers lifted for the entire Holmes family and a special prayer for Doug, Janet & Brayden. I also lifted you up Craig Mac as I know you heart hurts for your friend and his family.

They'll be in our thoughts and prayers, that would be very tough. God Bless!

I sometimes forget how fortunate many of us are. I, as I'm sure many of you do, think about golf from time to time at work, and think how nice it would be not to be stuck at your desk, but it is situations like this that make me realize how lucky I am that I can go out and play at the end of the day, without a care in the world.

...my thoughts go out to Brayden, Doug and family

Just emptied out my paypal account for Brayden. It wasn't a ton of money, but they surely need it more than I do.

Just emptied out my paypal account for Brayden. It wasn't a ton of money, but they surely need it more than I do.

Awesome, very selfless Hawk! I may follow suit and do the same, much more useful than spending it on random nonessential golf stuff. Well done again, Hawk

Awesome, very selfless Hawk! I may follow suit and do the same, much more useful than spending it on random nonessential golf stuff. Well done again, Hawk

All I know is that I would never want to be in their shoes. It just makes me sick to even think about it.

Amazing hawk, it's people like you who make this world a better place.

There is simply nothing worst than a seriously sick child. We are currently dealing with a family member who's baby was diagnosed with cancer at 3 mos old and started chemo at 4 months of age. It just makes me sick at heart to hear of these cases.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Breaks my heart! I said a prayer for him. I pray everyday for the health and safety of my little two year old boy. Stories like this really do break my heart.

I know about sickness and ailing loved ones.Prayer is definitely in order here.

Just wanted to say thanks again for the thoughts and prayers from everyone. It is amazing that some will open their hearts and wallets to someone they don't even know. If you have checked out the FB page a bunch of photos were added last night of this special little guy and his beautiful family.

All I know is that I would never want to be in their shoes. It just makes me sick to even think about it.

Awesome stuff Hawk, I know you have a young family like I do and I can't even think about my son getting sick like this because it makes me ill. I gave what I could right now, and the family is in my thoughts.

I am doing some searching around the forum and ran across this post. I also clicked on the link in the first post, and there was a post on, believe it or not, the Ides of March this year that said:

Today, March 15, 2013, Brayden was told by his doctors at St. Jude Children's Hospital that he is ONE year cancer free!!! Brayden was diagnosed at 2 years old with brain cancer called Medulloblastoma on Feb. 18, 2011 at CHKD. He went to St. Jude on March 3, 2011 and started a year of chemo treatments. Brayden will now return to St. Jude every 4 months instead of every 3 months.

Over the last six months, Brayden has been enjoying life as a normal 4 year old! He currently attends preschool and he has plans to start 'pee-wee' soccer and swim lessons next week! We are all so thankful that he has been able to be an average child this last year. Thanks to all of you who have continued praying for him and supporting him and his family throughout this journey!!

I'm glad for one of our founding members Craig Mac and his friends for this news. I had forgotten all about this until today, and am pleased it has a good ending.

883377_480414765345662_2117477400_o.jpg

Awesome news! I'm new here and did not see this originally but I love to celebrate great news!!!

Having my own kids make this especially touching for me!

Prayers that Brayden stays cancer free!!!

This is so awesome! Good for that lil guy. Love St. Jude

Thanks for the bump Smally. It's so easy to become complacent and dwell on our own petty problems as if they are huge. NO, this is huge.

Thanks for the update Smallie. Awesome that Brayden is doing so well.

Being a parent, this tugs at my heart strings. Can't imagine what that is like, and I thank God every day for that blessing. I'm glad to see that Brayden is doing well and is Cancer free, great news! I pray that he stays that way.

Back