The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Robinson lol did Texas watch any of Michigan's games when he was there with Rich Rod?

I'm not a big fan of Robinson but he had some success previously at Texas and in the pros.
Where are you going to find a good coach during the season? He has to be better than Diaz.
Our program is a cluster and has been since the loss to Bama. Mack has fired his last bullet with the firing of Diaz. I'm hoping he'll resign at the end of the year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Well, Texas fired our DC and Greg Robinson is taking over. Too bad Mack isn't going with the sacrificial lamb.

Diaz should have been fired at the end of last year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
That sure was fast!

Zip it Icey!! Wish we could just you guys 12 times in a season. Would have 10 wins guaranteed.

Great english there big time

Zip it Icey!! Wish we could just you guys 12 times in a season. Would have 10 wins guaranteed.
Eh....that's iffy.

Great english there big time

As Mike the grammar police so quickly pointed out, I incorrectly left out the word "play" in my previous post. I apologize for not proofing my work earlier. Terrible posting on my part.

As Mike the grammar police so quickly pointed out, I incorrectly left out the word "play" in my previous post. I apologize for not proofing my work earlier. Terrible posting on my part.

I just wasnt sure what you wanted to do to his guys...u guys in texas are into some strange stuff

Someone is a bit testy this weekend.

Wouldn't you be if your team just got beat like a drum?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

All a team can do is win the games on the schedule. I know it's cliche, but it is what it is in College football these days.

Unless it's 2004.

Wouldn't you be if your team just got beat like a drum?

Nah. I fully expect it to happen 4 times this year.

That's just part of being a fan.

Nah. I fully expect it to happen 4 times this year.

That's just part of being a fan.

I don't. Tennessee is gonna whoop Oregon's @$$... :D

I don't. Tennessee is gonna whoop Oregon's @$$... :D

As much as I'd like to see that happen, I think it far more likely that Oregon wins and then Oregon fans will spend the next year crowing about how the SEC sucks and the Pac-12 is clearly superior, having knocked off an SEC team just coming back from their worst 3 or 4 years in decades.

Awesome story out of Auburn. Coleman was a huge recruit for us in 2010. Seeing him diagnosed with cancer was rough. Watching his determination was amazing. I'm not sure I've ever wanted to see a player succeed so much. It was awesome seeing him but the field Saturday.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/09/wait_is_over_auburn_tackle_sho.html

And its a shame the announcers didn't even notice it.

I was so happy to see shon out there, finally able to make his dreams come true.

And its a shame the announcers didn't even notice it.

I was so happy to see shon out there, finally able to make his dreams come true.

It really is too bad, what an awesome story. He stayed true to Auburn through everything, and they stayed true to him. Incredible guy.

Bahahahahahaha, my crappy teams crappy FR QB is now out with strained ligament sin his knee. Belldozer time full time now.

No. 21 Gorillas Strike Early, Often in 45-6 Win Over RiverHawks

PITTSBURG — The Pittsburg State University football team scored on the opening drive of the 2013 campaign and the Gorillas piled up 582 total yards and seven scores en route to a 45-6 victory over Northeastern State University Saturday (Sept. 7). The Gorillas (1-0, 1-0 MIAA) methodically marched the ball 74 yards in seven plays to open the game – in front of a sellout crowd of 10,374 partisan fans at Brandenburg Field/Carnie Smith Stadium. Redshirt freshman running back Steven Sullivan capped the initial drive with a four-yard run.

Junior quarterback Tony Abenoja added a pair of touchdown strikes to junior wide receiver Gavin Lutman and a third scoring toss to junior wide receiver Luke Rampy to help Pitt State push its margin to 28-0 at the half over the RiverHawks (0-1, 0-1 MIAA). Sophomore running back Jeff Seybold made a successful return from an injury shortened 2012 season. Seybold broke loose for an 80-yard scoring scamper on the first offensive play of the second half. Seybold finished the game with six carries for a game-high 132 yards.

The Gorillas combined to rush the football 46 times for 354 yards. Abenoja completed 18 of 24 passes for 228 yards with three touchdowns. He added 86 yards on the ground – on 11 carries – and added a fourth score with a 17-yard touchdown run early in the fourth quarter. Senior wide receiver John Brown had six catches for a team-leading 78 yards, while Lutman added four grabs for 71 yards with scoring catches of 18 and 28 yards.

The Pitt State defense limited NSU to 244 total yards in the game, with nearly half that total (115 yards) coming in the fourth quarter. Senior linebacker Nate Dreiling made a team-leading nine tackles, including two behind the line of scrimmage. Junior linebacker Tyler Disney added seven stops with a pair of quarterback sacks.

NSU back-up quarterback Thor Long, who subbed for an injured starter Johnny Deaton late in the second quarter, broke up the Gorillas shutout bid with a one-yard plunge with 9:51 to play in the contest.

The Gorillas will travel to Edmond, Okla., next Saturday (Sept. 14) to face the University of Central Oklahoma at 6 p.m. (CDT). The Bronchos dropped a 51-38 road decision in their season opener Thursday (Sept. 5) to Missouri Southern State University.

UK's schedule over the next 5 weeks: Louisville, Bye week, Florida, Carolina and Bama. Good luck.

UK's schedule over the next 5 weeks: Louisville, Bye week, Florida, Carolina and Bama. Good luck.
At least there will only be 4 losses.

I thought he was a fullback?

At 6'6 251...yes and no.

It'll be interesting to see what changes now, they need to just run the rock, the OL is rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back