THP Ultimate Club Testing w/ TaylorMade Golf

Will the sets include 3i? Only reason I ask is because the "general" option for the Rocketbladez were 4-GW?

We'll find out this weekend. I'm sure there will be one there to hit, or at least I can hope.

We'll find out this weekend. I'm sure there will be one there to hit, or at least I can hope.

I hope you guys get to hit the 3 iron. I have been tempted for so long to get the 3 Rocketbladez since I hit the 4 iron so well

I haven't hit a 3i very well since the G2 HL. If I can make the one in this set work, then they have a customer for life.

Question if I may. Now that we know at least part of what will be tested, the irons. How will the fitting be done? Is it going to be done 'tour style' on the range with launch monitors with different shaft options?

Question if I may. Now that we know at least part of what will be tested, the irons. How will the fitting be done? Is it going to be done 'tour style' on the range with launch monitors with different shaft options?

Skim. :D
As has been posted, each person will receive a standard set of irons. Due to the fact that they are getting them close to a month before they hit stores, there just are not options available as of yet. So the guys will receive a standard set and are free to change out what they would like as they continue to review them for the forum.

JB mentioned it earlier, because of constraints on them actually getting us these sets as early as they are, we will be getting stock shafts in them but are free to tinker with the shafts when we get home.

Skim. :D
As has been posted, each person will receive a standard set of irons. Due to the fact that they are getting them close to a month before they hit stores, there just are not options available as of yet. So the guys will receive a standard set and are free to change out what they would like as they continue to review them for the forum.

Yeah skimmer indeed. Too much info to go through. I was looking at the first post and making myself jealous all over again. These 2 lines were what got me:

Education - You will be educated on the club, directly from the company that puts it out. No quick notes or synopsis from a local rep or store, but getting all of your questions answered on why it works the way it does.

Fitting - Real fitting, by the company behind the equipment, outside on a range, with a launch monitor just like the pros do.

I just thought that was super awesome. Don't want to start trouble or anything was just curious, is all.

JB, will there still be some fitting done on clubs for demo purposes or is the fitting aspect out for the entire event? I am so stoked about this irons that I know that I won't be sleeping much Friday night.

Okay guys. Here goes. The event on the first post was to be about the driver. You were to get a full fitting as well as the driver to review. That changed (as we have said in the thread). Rather than have you test out a driver that everybody already has and we could tell there were some feelings towards, we pushed hard to get this set up for early release irons.

We tried our best to be as upfront as possible that it would be standard OTR due to availability. Now I am hearing that people want to test drivers and get fit. So I have been on the phone all morning making calls and we will have a fitter there (one of the best in the country) along with TaylorMade to work with you guys.

The Fitter will be there to work with you. Your irons will still be standard off the rack. You can be fit for the driver if you choose. You will however not be testing that driver. While we might have some tricks up our sleeves with a few contests, we can tell you that you will not be getting both the fitted driver and the set of irons. You will receive the set of irons.

Im truly sorry that this event changed due to a release being moved up by the company. Its why we struggle to put info about events out early, because if they have to change, then people get upset. Yet when we don't put the info out early enough, its hard for people to make plans.

Listen guys, I mean this with all sincerity. We are trying our best to give you the weekend of your lives in an aspect that has never been done before (not just by THP, but by anybody). I know some of you were looking for a certain aspect that might have changed, but we firmly believe the event has evolved in something incredibly special.

Itinerary
Friday Night - Meet in Greet with THP & TaylorMade
Saturday Morning - Club Education and Fitting
Saturday Afternoon - Golf
Saturday Night - Night Golf w/ THP & TaylorMade
Sunday Morning - Golf

I don't care what we do or get to do, I know it'll be awesome. Period.

Okay guys. Here goes. The event on the first post was to be about the driver. You were to get a full fitting as well as the driver to review. That changed (as we have said in the thread). Rather than have you test out a driver that everybody already has and we could tell there were some feelings towards, we pushed hard to get this set up for early release irons.

We tried our best to be as upfront as possible that it would be standard OTR due to availability. Now I am hearing that people want to test drivers and get fit. So I have been on the phone all morning making calls and we will have a fitter there (one of the best in the country) along with TaylorMade to work with you guys.

The Fitter will be there to work with you. Your irons will still be standard off the rack. You can be fit for the driver if you choose. You will however not be testing that driver. While we might have some tricks up our sleeves with a few contests, we can tell you that you will not be getting both the fitted driver and the set of irons. You will receive the set of irons.

Im truly sorry that this event changed due to a release being moved up by the company. Its why we struggle to put info about events out early, because if they have to change, then people get upset. Yet when we don't put the info out early enough, its hard for people to make plans.

Listen guys, I mean this with all sincerity. We are trying our best to give you the weekend of your lives in an aspect that has never been done before (not just by THP, but by anybody). I know some of you were looking for a certain aspect that might have changed, but we firmly believe the event has evolved in something incredibly special.

Itinerary
Sunday Morning - Golf

Every bit of the itinerary sounds exceptional. I can't wait for the experience.

still sounds like an incredible weekend to me.

Itinerary
Sunday Morning - Golf

Nothing to apologize about JB. I wasnt trying to insinuate anything or be a pest. I did not see the post about the irons initially. Sounds like an awesome event and I wish I was going to be there.

I don't care what we do or get to do, I know it'll be awesome. Period.

Absolutely agreed. I wouldn't care if we walked away with nothing but an umbrella at this point.

What time Friday is check in and meet and greet? I'll be playing a round early Friday morning and can probably be at Championsgate around 3 or so.

Itinerary
Sunday Morning - Golf

No reason to be sorry at all in my opinion and hope that my question wasn't out of line in the least. I sure didn't mean to come off as ungrateful, because I assure you I am as happyr about these irons than I could have imagined. I am very grateful for this opportunity and know how much went into making it awesome. I know that it will be incredible from start to finish, so please accept my apology if I appeared anything other than appreciative.

Meet and Greet will be at 7pm. We will update the thread as to which restaurant at the Omni soon.

Itinerary
Sunday Morning - Golf

All good with me! Thanks for everything you have been doing for us. I welcome the opportunity to be one of a few that gets to test these for ourselves and for THP.

Honestly if you had told me that we are testing umbrellas, I would have been good with it. :)

Just excited to get down there, meet some THPers, see some THPers I have met before, play golf at an incredible resort and do anything Taylormade wants us to do.

Thanks for everything you are doing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, how can people not be excited?

don't understand it buddy. I wish I could have made this happen. Honestly, I think the fact that they are all getting irons that got announced to the world last night makes it even better. I can't wait for O'Carroll to come back from it so I can pick his brain and here all about it.

Meet and Greet will be at 7pm. We will update the thread as to which restaurant at the Omni soon.

Awesome. PUMPED!

Unreal news about the irons. Freaking unreal! I would be so stoked

Ok dumb question but so what I take from this is the people in this are getting for for a set of irons ,keeping the irons and playing all weekend and they go home with them? All for under 400 bucks ? Am I laboring in delusion or is this what is happening ??

don't understand it buddy. I wish I could have made this happen. Honestly, I think the fact that they are all getting irons that got announced to the world last night makes it even better. I can't wait for O'Carroll to come back from it so I can pick his brain and here all about it.

You're my caddy. You can pick my brain too.

Hope there is a 3i.

Ok dumb question but so what I take from this is the people in this are getting for for a set of irons ,keeping the irons and playing all weekend and they go home with them? All for under 400 bucks ? Am I laboring in delusion or is this what is happening ??

Indeed. At a BADASS resort.

As a "veteran" of THP Ultimate Club Testings, let me just say the equipment is maybe 25% of the experience. Especially for you guys who haven't been to big THP events, this is going to blow your mind. Don't worry about what you're testing or not testing, the rounds and the hanging out in between is what is going to have the biggest impression on you. Sure what we saw from Callaway was awesome, and knowing no one outside of Callaway has more hands on time with it than us is cool, but I think of having been able to see old friends again and having made new ones first and foremost. Well, that and Freddie pulling his shorts up to his chest.

Were any of you less enthusiastic about the THP events before you were getting clubs? Its just a bonus, and well worth the price of admission as it is.

Well, if you read my post from last night a couple of pages back you know exactly how I feel about it. To sum it up instead of having a half page of blubbering I'll put it this way.

I'm as excited as a puppy with two peters!!

Back