What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes sir. Leaves are starting to turn, that place looks gorgeous right now.

Awesome fall course.... Like that track a lot.

86 from the tips driver was a little erratic and putting was off.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Shot 85 (41,44) today and managed to win the Ladies Club Championship. Sounds impressive but we only had 9 ladies playing and I was the lowest handicap player out there. Was proud that I stayed near my handicap both days and didn't crumble. It just felt like another fun day with friends. Our greens were so fast and we had some tough pin placements.
You've had a great year KB, this is kind of icing on the cake! Congrats on the Win

Played a course today that I have not played since high school and that was only the front 9 back then. For those at that Northeast Invitational, it's similar because it's built on an apple orchard. Each hole named after a different apple, with those kinds of trees lining the fairway. Anyway, started off like crap, 3 putted the first 3 holes and was +4. Then I went on a run that I had not been on before this year, I hit the next 11 greens in regulation and played those holes at E. Had a birdie putt lip out on the 18th so shoot +1 on the back 9. So started +4 after 3 and finished the day at +5. Really drove the ball well. I think the Covert has found it's way in the bag. Had some drives we GPS'd in the low 260s which is something that I have not had much of this year. I don't expect that to continue but I was happy. Oh and I ate 5 apples and brought home about 20 more.

Good shooting! Was gonna ask how many apples you had along the way. Haha

Glad to hear you guys had a good time man. Get any pictures of the course?

No, I think Andy might have snapped a few though. I even told him before we started that I had to remember to take some pictures because I always get into the golf and forget.

The course was awesome though. There was one green that was less than spectacular, but the rest were really nice. The rough was cut down more than the last time I was there, but it was still super thick and would swallow a ball. We just had a blast playing some crappy golf on an awesome course.

I haven't been there in over 10 years, man was it great today.

Did you by any chance see the pictures in the pro shop of the flood during Hurricane Irene? That little creek that runs between 1 & 2 was a full fledge raging river.

That's a fun course, and beautiful in the fall.

Did you by any chance see the pictures in the pro shop of the flood during Hurricane Irene? That little creek that runs between 1 & 2 was a full fledge raging river.

That's a fun course, and beautiful in the fall.

yeah that's just crazy.

It was horrendous. At least I can still say I haven't shot over 99 this year.

51/44 for a 95. Ug freaking ly.

Congratulations Kelly! Proud of you :)

PR 84 on local par 65 course. Still working on wrist lag but I was making solid ball contact.

Way to go Kelly, does the championship mean a parking spot?

Hawk did you see I ended up getting out and playing 18 today. Was deffantly wet and soggy but still had a good time. Starting to chip and pitch better after I have been opening my wedges up more. Guess if it works Ill keep doing that.
Congratulations Kelly! Proud of you :)

Didn't see that, but nice dude! It rained all dang day here. Glad somebody got some golf in.

Shot 85 (41,44) today and managed to win the Ladies Club Championship. Sounds impressive but we only had 9 ladies playing and I was the lowest handicap player out there. Was proud that I stayed near my handicap both days and didn't crumble. It just felt like another fun day with friends. Our greens were so fast and we had some tough pin placements.

Congrats, kelly!

Yep was try the first 5 wholes then had to throw on the rain gear and rain cover for the bag. Ended up shooting at 87 so Ill take it at that hard course. Felt like I could have done must better if it wasn't raining and the course wasn't wet, but owell I got out there.
Didn't see that, but nice dude! It rained all dang day here. Glad somebody got some golf in.

I hit the ball into some very bad places today then missed greens. Only hit 6 greens then three-putted two of those. On the other hand, I had some fantastic up and downs, thanks to the Scor 60*. One double bogie, seven bogies and 10 pars for 81 (40,41)

Saturday was my leagues end of season scramble.
When one of the old timers asked me if he could give me advise.
He had me move the ball back in my stance because I was fighting a push, and bam! Right down the middle! Next hole again!

Well,today I played 18. I hit 12 fairways! I hit 6 greens, didn't putt real good, but shot a seasons best 93!

Played the same course Friday afternoon, lost 6 balls.

Today I lost one. Sent one swimming from 220 out on my second shot. I was over confident, and going for the green, should have set up a wedge into the par 5 for my 3rd shot.

Live and learn.

Great job Kelly! A club championship is always a great accomplishment.

Will post a bit later once I have my stats in front of me. A very good round that could have/should have been great.

Shot a 37/42 for 79 at my home course. 10/14 fairways, 11/18 GIR. 3 birdies, 1 eagle, 3 doubles and a quad! Can't avoid the big numbers lately but extremely happy with how I struck the ball today, particularly with driver which was much better.

The score ESC'd to a 77 in GHIN which gave me a nice 6.4 differential that should reverse my index climb of late.

Overall happy with the round but it could have been something special.

Shot a 37/42 for 79 at my home course. 10/14 fairways, 11/18 GIR. 3 birdies, 1 eagle, 3 doubles and a quad! Can't avoid the big numbers lately but extremely happy with how I struck the ball today, particularly with driver which was much better.

The score ESC'd to a 77 in GHIN which gave me a nice 6.4 differential that should reverse my index climb of late.

Nice round.

I think I finally broke 80 on the harder course on my home club. I've always messed up on the last holes, and 80 has been a result soooo many times. I've played the both nines under par or to par, but the other 9 has always been bad, today, good golf for 18 holes. (EDIT: I did play 79 last year, once.)

cytg.png

Nice job!

We shot a 78 in the last round of the two man scotch tourney. We were too bad for the third flight and too good for the fourth flight so we went home with nothing.

Correction, I went home with angry feelings towards my putting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back