What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had quite the adventure this past weekend. Still playing only irons but this time I played a different course that's a bit straighter than the course I normally play.

Played 18 on Saturday morning and shot 49-54. Front 9 my short game was terrible. I had trouble staying firm on chip shots and ended up racking up the strokes from just off the green. The back 9 was even worse. I still struggled around the green but I also had five 3-putts. Not ideal at all.

I played another 9 on the same course on Sunday and tied my PB with a 43. Only hit 2 of 7 fairways but had 4 GIR. Managed to drop 2 birdies from about 10ft which was encouraging.

Personal best at my homecourse today.

Had a terrible round yesterday, went great today!

Sorry for the orientation :)
full.jpg

43/39 = 82 - couldn't hit an iron to save my life on the front or back, 6 scrambling one-putt pars on the back.

Great scores today and congrats on the personal bests!

Congrats Floor! heck of a round

Thanks all! You might think everything was working for me, but I had lots of up&downs, missed fairways and a few missed puts too..

Walk-through for those that care:
1st: Drive into the wind, bad shot and have 173m left. 4iron just short of the green. Chip and two-put.
2nd: Tee-shot is bad: right of the green and behind some trees. Lobwedge onto the green, about 4.5m left put falls.
3rd: Dogleg right, good tee-shot cutting the corner. 90m left, hit a skinner 15m over the green. Chip back to 60cm, put.
4th: Tee-shot far right again. Then have 131m with strong wind from the left. Hit 8iron to 2m left of the pin. Miss the birdie-put.
5th: Tee-shot into the wind and straight in the middle of the fairway. Second is a hybrid to about 90m from the green. Approach lands just over the pot-bunker, ends 1m30 or so right of the pin. (Horn for thunderstorm calls, mark the ball and leave the course. About 20 minutes later were allowed back on) Put for birdie falls.
6th: Tee-shot with wind sideways from behind, ends up in the middle of the fairway. 4iron onto the green, 10m short (and a bit right) of the pin. Two puts to get a birdie.
7th: Short par3 with wind in the back: tee-shot quite short, chip close to the pin, put for par falls.
8th: Hybrid off the tee, approach with the gap-wedge is short and left but on the green. (Get a call*, end up talking about 20 minutes, but I'm alone on the course and there's a lot of rain and hail now for ~15 minutes so it's fine) Two-put for par from ~12 meters.
9th: Good tee-shot on the very short par4, duff my approach, chip is good, put for par falls.

Second loop:
1st: Good teeshot to cut off a bit of the corner. Duff my approach, duff my second attempt, bad chip and have ~18m left.. Three puts!
2nd: Tee-shot is right in the rough, pitch on the green. 7m takes two puts
3rd: Par5 where the tee-shot is over a hill, wind in the back today. Good drive, second is a 5iron just right of the green. Chip onto the green, put to ~75cm, miss the birdie-put :(
4th: Drive left of the fairway, approach on the green (barely), two good puts for par.
5th: 4iron of the tee, 9iron left of the green. Chip to within a feet, tap-in for par.
6th: Into the wind, good tee-shot, pitch just over the green, put back to ~40cm, put for par falls.
7th: crosswind, hit the green, two-putt.
8th: crosswind, hit the backside of the green, first put is ~13m and hops over the hole. ~1m10 put for par falls.
9th: Hybrid from the tee, 118m left. (From here out I'm in heavy rain) 9iron catches wind and ends up in the green side bunker to the right. Hit it about 4m over the hole, two puts.

*My wife is pregnant, she's due in two days so my phone is on. My best friend called me and as it was raining heavily and the guy I was playing with was taking a leak and toying with his phone while we waited for the rain to stop I deemed it ok to take the call. He didn't mind :) (He played well on some holes and very bad on others, like I'm used to from him :))

What did you shoot today?

*My wife is pregnant, she's due in two days so my phone is on.

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!

Good shooting? I don't know what to say here...

Oh he was quoting.... Now I get it.

He said his wife was pregnant and i was saying congrats. Not to hard to figure out.

Scott
It wasnt quoted in typical "quoting" format. It was a copy/paste and caused some confusion.

Shot 69 in a 4-man scramble today on a tough course. The other 3 guys only play a couple times a year, but it was a free round of golf and free drinks and a day off from work, so it was a great day even with the mediocre golf. It was my first round in a couple of weeks and my game was not where it was a couple of weeks ago. Driver was very inconsistent, but my short irons were pretty solid. Ready to get a couple of rounds in this weekend.

He said his wife was pregnant and i was saying congrats. Not to hard to figure out.

Scott

We figured it out. Like War said, just wasnt "quoted" normally. But we is smart and done figured it.

I hit a few more fairways today by hitting 3 iron instead of driver several times. Still didn't hit greens though but the up and downs saved me again with nine one-putts, no three putts and made nothing longer than 5-6 feet. One double bogie, six bogies, two birdies and nine pars for 78 (39, 39)

Back on topic, played with three buddies today on an almost deserted course this morning, temp was 50 or so at tee time. I went 40/45 for a tidy little 85 which I am pretty happy about but of course there were two strokes that I could have shaved off that stick in my mind but I will shave those next time.

The downfall of the round was that it took four hours to play with no one in front of us.

10-4. I noticed that. Couldn't just quote the pregnant part.

Scott
Here you go . . .

*My wife is pregnant, she's due in two days so my phone is on. My best friend called me and as it was raining heavily and the guy I was playing with was taking a leak and toying with his phone while we waited for the rain to stop I deemed it ok to take the call. He didn't mind :) (He played well on some holes and very bad on others, like I'm used to from him :))

b9np.png

Very nice Castor, way to put two very solid nines together!

Boy I struggled yesterday to a 40 (+4). I was 1/4 on knee knockers from 5-7ft out. Just terrible. Lots of missed opportunities out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back