The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it was announced today that Isaiah Battle will be suspended for the Wake Forest game this coming weekend and will be punished everyday after practice so I'm assuming his ass will be running to he pukes, I really hope he learns lesson on that crap. Makes the school and program look bad.

Proud of our Tigers tonight. They put themselves way behind the 8-ball early, but never quit fighting. People seem to forget this was a matchup of the #6 team in the nation, at home, at night against a team that didn't win an SEC game last year.

Even in the loss, I think Auburn served notice that it is on the way back. A blind man could see the improvement.

I had to work Saturday night and didn't get to see any of the game but it doesn't surprise me Auburn is improving, I think Malzhan is a winner and Auburn as a program has too much history of success to stay down too long.

I had to work Saturday night and didn't get to see any of the game but it doesn't surprise me Auburn is improving, I think Malzhan is a winner and Auburn as a program has too much history of success to stay down too long.
Tons of talent, tons. Just YOUNG, and all are learning a new system.

Sammie Coates is going to be a stud, dude has break away speed and catches just about anything thrown at him. 5th in receiving in the SEC, not bad.

Tons of talent, tons. Just YOUNG, and all are learning a new system.

Sammie Coates is going to be a stud, dude has break away speed and catches just about anything thrown at him. 5th in receiving in the SEC, not bad.

I really wish Clemson and Auburn could've continued the series past the three games we've played y'all the last three years. There were some Auburn fans around us when Auburn came up here two years ago and they all seemed like pretty nice people, that was also the game Sammy Watkins really busted out on the scene here. I think it was developing into a nice little rivalry which would've only grew over time. I kind of developed a little soft spot in my heart for Auburn when I played high school football, they sent me what I like to call a courtesy letter and a media guide one year and I always thought that was really cool. I also got a media guide from GT that year too. I still have them put up in my room at home as nice little keepsakes from my high school football days,lol

Auburn scores again, again showing flashes of promise. Young team, will continue to grow this year, for sure.

35-21, LSU still on top.

Go ahead, troll this post...

That last TD cost Vegas quite a bit of money since the spread was LSU by 17 1/2.

I give Auburn a lot of credit for staying in the game though, after that first half I was not expecting them to go out and play the way they did.

Still laughing.

Still laughing.

That is hilarious. Rev Richt probably blushed when he had the innuendo pointed out to him.

Myself if like to see a different kind of explosion between the hedges. :)

So, Virginia Tech is wearing these "Hokie Stone" helmets against Georgia Tech:

ncf_vt_stonehelmet_600.jpg

It's getting out of control. Just looks like the backsplash of an ugly kitchen.

Wow. What is the story behind "Hokie Stone"? Less concussions in stone helmets? Awful looking!

http://espn.go.com/college-football...wear-special-hokie-stone-helmets-georgia-tech

After saluting the military with a special camouflage helmet, the Virginia Tech Hokies are ready to rock out for Thursday night's game against Georgia Tech.

The "Hokie Stone" design is just that – Virginia Tech players will look like they have helmets made of rocks. Hokie Stone is a name coined for a type of rock mined near the Blacksburg campus and used on the facades of many buildings at the school.

"It's not flashy, but it means a tremendous amount to this university," coach Frank Beamer said in a statement. "… The reason I like it, is because it represents what this program and this university are built on. Each piece, in its place, serving its purpose, doing its job, and when it's all working together, it's rock solid and it's something special."

"… Some may see it as stone on our helmets. We know it's so much more."

Virginia Tech (3-1) is coming off a 29-21 triple-overtime victory against Marshall in a game played in driving rain. The Hokies were wearing Tech-colored camouflage designs on their helmets and jerseys to salute the military.

Georgia Tech will be donning special throwback uniforms for the Thursday night game against Virginia Tech. They are modeled after jersey tops worn in the 1960's under legendary coach Bobby Dodd. The current NCAA coach of the year award is named The Bobby Dodd award.

1240293_10151737141763163_847754974_n.jpg

Clemson will be rolling out their own "rock" helmets after seeing the new Hokie themed stone protective gear. Rumor is that Dabo loves the new design. #rolltajh

ry%3D400

Georgia Tech will be donning special throwback uniforms for the Thursday night game against Virginia Tech. They are modeled after jersey tops worn in the 1960's under legendary coach Bobby Dodd. The current NCAA coach of the year award is named The Bobby Dodd award.

1240293_10151737141763163_847754974_n.jpg
I like the retro look.

No. 14 Gorillas Cruise Past Bearcats After Slow Start

PITTSBURG — It took the No. 14 ranked Pittsburg State football team nearly a full quarter to get onto the scoreboard but after a slow initial period the Gorillas cruised to a 59-7 Family Day victory over Southwest Baptist Saturday (Sept. 21). Pitt State (3-0, 3-0 MIAA) broke open a 3-0 game with 28 points in the second quarter and 28 more points in the third period against the Bearcats (0-3, 0-2 MIAA) to pull away in a game played before 10,788 fans – the third-largest crowd at Brandenburg Field/Carnie Smith Stadium in school history.

Senior wide receiver John Brown caught five passes for 171 yards and two touchdowns. He turned a short gain into a 57-yard score with 8:58 to play in the second quarter and then capped the 28-point outburst in the period with a 62-yard scoring grab 51 seconds before halftime. Brown then added a 95-yard kickoff return touchdown on the opening play of the third quarter, finishing the game with 298 all-purpose yards in just three quarters of action.

Junior quarterback Tony Abenoja shook off a slow start to complete 11 of 20 passes for 293 yards and three touchdowns. In addition to his touchdown tosses to Brown, he added a 37-yard scoring strike to senior tight end Conner Combes with 3:29 to play in the second period. Sophomore running back Jeff Seybold, Jr., carried the ball 16 times for a game-high 104 yards and three touchdowns. Seybold had a 29-yard scoring run with 1:47 remaining in the second quarter, and he added runs of three and one yard in the third period. Redshirt freshman running back Dre Holman added a two-yard scoring run with 1:03 remaining in the third period to cap the Pitt State scoring.

The Pitt State defense forced five SBU turnovers in the contest. After allowing the Bearcats to gain 40 yards on six plays on the opening series of the game, the Gorillas limited SBU to 28 plays for seven net yards after three quarters of play. SBU finished the game with 202 total yards in the contest, compiling 155 yards in the fourth quarter after the Gorillas freely substituted players with a 59-0 lead. Junior linebacker Tyler Disney made a team-leading nine tackles with 2.0 tackles-for-loss and a fumble recovery to lead the Pitt State defense, while senior linebacker Nate Dreiling and redshirt freshman defensive end Heath Wilson added seven stops apiece. Dreiling added a quarterback sack, while junior defensive end Avery Adair added 2.5 tackles-for-loss, including a pair of quarterback sacks.

Derwin Lauderdale caught a 27-yard touchdown pass from Willie Tindal to break up the Gorillas' shutout bid with 7:33 to play in the game.

The Gorillas will return to action Saturday (Sept. 28) when they travel to Jefferson City, Mo., to face MIAA rival Lincoln University at 2 p.m. (CDT).

Still laughing.

Someone on the Dawg site said "Filthy Shades of Dawg" with just a few word changes, lol.

Didn't realize you Georgia fans were into French girls.

Sad day in Gator Country! Best player on Defense!

#UF senior DT Dominique Easley injured his knee at practice yesterday according to sources. It is believed to be a torn ACL. #Gators

#UF senior DT Dominique Easley injured his knee at practice yesterday according to sources. It is believed to be a torn ACL. #Gators

That is not good for Florida I could see their defense hurting from this injury.

That is not good for Florida I could see their defense hurting from this injury.

Muschamp just announced tweaked but all Gator beat writers saying ACL. We'll see but I'm thinking Muschamp is on his knees praying and calling every knee doctor around. HUGE injury for us!

Just played a round of golf with an avid Texas fan today.

I must've missed something, because apparently Mack Brown isn't Texas's problem. Apparently it's the lack of a talent pool he has to recruit from... :confused:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back