The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This man speaks the truth. Listen to the John Mayer Trio's live album and be amazed. It's straight up blues/Cream style classic rock - SO much better than his mainstream stuff
Wont listen. He sang about bubbly toes.

Their are alot of kids here at Disney World which I get but aren't kids suppose to be in school? Just a thought

Their are alot of kids here at Disney World which I get but aren't kids suppose to be in school? Just a thought

Parents take their kids out of school for vacations all the time.

He sounds the same time after time, live or not. I've tried again and again at the behest of fans that I was crazy and its always the same, the dude can play guitar, but his damn voice makes every song sound the same no matter the beat or lyrics.

Yeah I can see that, his voice does whitewash things a bit. Being a guitar player though, I think I kind of forced myself to tolerate the voice because of his stellar blues guitar and acoustic work.

I can't say I've ever heard a full John Mayer song. Quite proud of that actually.

I mean this with all sincerity. I dont know who John Mayer is. I have heard the name and believed he was a singer of some sort. But if he broke in my house and robbed me, I would have no idea who it was.

Parents take their kids out of school for vacations all the time.

We took ours out yesterday so that they could go to the State Fair with the grandparents.

My parents never let us out of school for non-school related activities, ever! The only time we got out of school for no reason was when we moved to KC at the beginning of May in 1969 because our schools in Des Moines passed us to the next grade before we moved. So we had an extra month of summer vacation that year!

I know parents take their kids out for a variety of reasons. Just saying my parents never did. I take that back. Mom called in for us on Senior Skip Day.

I believe last time I was in Vegas with my family (few months before I was 21... :(...) John Mayer was playing at a banquet for CON-EXPO.. i tried to drunkinly dance my way up on his stage but I was unsuccessful. That's all I know about him.

My parents never let us out of school for non-school related activities, ever! The only time we got out of school for no reason was when we moved to KC at the beginning of May in 1969 because our schools in Des Moines passed us to the next grade before we moved. So we had an extra month of summer vacation that year!

I know parents take their kids out for a variety of reasons. Just saying my parents never did. I take that back. Mom called in for us on Senior Skip Day.

I was 18 and could call myself in.. Not sure why they allowed that.

This man speaks the truth. Listen to the John Mayer Trio's live album and be amazed. It's straight up blues/Cream style classic rock - SO much better than his mainstream stuff

His live stuff is better then his recorded stuff alot of the time. His Continuum album is still my favorite. I love every song on that album. It's so fresh and smooth. As someone who enjoys playing guitar, I can't not like him. It's incredible. Any mood I'm in, I can listen to John Mayer.

John Mayer isn't terrible, he just bores me to tears. It sure was a hit with the ladies, its like it bored the panties off of them.

Last edited:
His live stuff is better then his recorded stuff alot of the time. His Continuum album is still my favorite. I love every song on that album. It's so fresh and smooth. As someone who enjoys playing guitar, I can't not like him. It's incredible. Any mood I'm in, I can listen to John Mayer.

Contiuum is good but it has gotten a bit dull for me, especially compared to Try.

The bolded is 100% stone cold truth. I used to think I hated him, and then I heard his cover of Hendrix's Wait Until Tomorrow, and I about crapped my pants. He can absolutely tear into some blues rock.

Contiuum is good but it has gotten a bit dull for me, especially compared to Try.

The bolded is 100% stone cold truth. I used to think I hated him, and then I heard his cover of Hendrix's Wait Until Tomorrow, and I about crapped my pants. He can absolutely tear into some blues rock.

That, and I remember listening to his cover of Petty's Free Fallin' for the first time. I knew I was in love with his music at that moment.

I mean this with all sincerity. I dont know who John Mayer is. I have heard the name and believed he was a singer of some sort. But if he broke in my house and robbed me, I would have no idea who it was.

he's the Derek Jeter of the music industry...as far as the ladies he has been with

Anyone think of Friends with Benefits when John Mayer comes up...

"JOHN F****** MAYER!!!!!!!!"

Anyone think of Friends with Benefits when John Mayer comes up...

"JOHN F****** MAYER!!!!!!!!"

I preferred No Strings Attached. Natalie Portman>>>>>>

Anyone fly Delta often and can let me know how they handle suit bags? I need to take 2 with me to Atlanta and I think I can fit all the rest of my stuff into a suitcase small enough for carry-on, so I really don't want to check my suits. I hardly ever fly, and this is the first time I'll be flying on my own.

Anyone fly Delta often and can let me know how they handle suit bags? I need to take 2 with me to Atlanta and I think I can fit all the rest of my stuff into a suitcase small enough for carry-on, so I really don't want to check my suits. I hardly ever fly, and this is the first time I'll be flying on my own.

You can carry it on as one of your 2 carry ons, but one of your carry ons has to fit under the seat in front of you. So that could be a little difficult...

Loaded the family up and heading to North Florida to my folks. Nothing like driving 8+ hours without leaving the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back