Cobra What's Your Fly Wrap Up Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
3 members of the THP staff spent a few days in California with Cobra Golf tour players, research and development and others at an event called What's Your Fly. Here is the wrap up of everything that took place that might have been missed in the live update thread.

http://bit.ly/GRkara

Great read. Thanks, must have been an awesome experience to all participants!

Following along in the live update thread was great, and this was a nice recap. Sounded like a great time.

Great recap James, sounds like an amazing few days put on the good folks at Cobra golf! Can't even imagine mingling with some golfing stars of today then playing some golf with/against them.

I really enjoyed going back and reading the thread, it sounds like a once in a lifetime experience and GolferGal, Tadashi, and Jman did an exceptional job bringing it to us.

after an amazing showing in 2013, i cannot wait to see what Cobra has in store for 2014.

What a cool experience Jman, if you don't mind would you explain the "trick holes" from the scramble a little more in depth. I think I get most of them but I haven't heard of any of them before.

Great recap and really was a lot of fun just following along. Good job you 3!

This was such a fun event to follow along with live. The challenge holes sound like a blast. How did those turn out?

Good stuff there Jman. It sounds like you all had a great time!

JM

Great recap Jman, something truly special that Im glad THP was able to be apart of.

The event Cobra put on was awesome. The job James, Freddie, and Morgan did representing THP, getting awesome interviews, and updating the live thread was even better.

Great recap James. All three of you rocked the coverage and updates while you were there and it was great to follow along. More and more I am continued to be impressed by Cobra and can't wait to see what they have in store for 2014.

My head is honestly still spinning from it all, very cool to be a part of and even cooler to see how Cobra is really embracing their consumers as well!

Great read. Jman can really have a way with words.

nice recap James, and great coverage throughout to the whole THP team.

My head is honestly still spinning from it all, very cool to be a part of and even cooler to see how Cobra is really embracing their consumers as well!

I just commented on that part in the comments section of your write up. Very cool indeed. Nice job out there by all three of you, appriceate the time for the updates and recap.

Great writeup Jman. Enjoyed following along with it live, and glad that you guys got to experience it! Cobra seems more and more like a company that really "gets it" every year, and this really reflects that.

It was really fun keeping up with this thread. Experience of a lifetime for most of us, just another day at THP!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Excellent recap!

Excellent write-up! I was one of the winners! I had a great time with the golf activities, and my wife had a great time at the spa! Unfortunately, I lost my phone with all the pics! :at-wits-end:

Excellent write-up! I was one of the winners! I had a great time with the golf activities, and my wife had a great time at the spa! Unfortunately, I lost my phone with all the pics! :at-wits-end:

Bummer! I figured this was the event you were at. Did you run into THP?

Sorry about the phone, that sucks.

Nope, never knew THP was going. But the event was outstanding. First off, the Monday get together was a blast. Got my pic taken with Jonas Blixt. Good food and endless drinks!!! Meeting people from all over the world was fascinating! We met people from the UK, Singapore, Aussies all of whom flew anyway from 9 to 23 hours to come to the event!

We struggled to get up for breakfast (made it, tho'). We were divided into 4 groups with challenges in 3 different areas: drivers (longest drive), irons (working the ball left and right) and wedges into pails of water.

Ricky Fowler had the driving section with great tips and question and answers. His swing was soooo sweet and high SS. Plus, photos with him. We were all on the trackman for the numbers. I didn't come close to driving as far as some of those guys! There was one monster guy who hit 50 feet up the net that was 300 yards away!! Just awesome!

Next, was the iron section. You had to hook a ball as far as you could and slice a ball as far as you could. It was measured on a trackman also.

The last was the wedge contest. The pails with water were set up 50 and 75 yards. Ian Poulter was here. His wedges were a thing of beauty! No one from our group splashed a ball in the water pails. But we had a blast trying!!

We had a box lunch and, then, the shotgun start when the fun REALLY began. More later!

Nope, never knew THP was going. But the event was outstanding. First off, the Monday get together was a blast. Got my pic taken with Jonas Blixt. Good food and endless drinks!!! Meeting people from all over the world was fascinating! We met people from the UK, Singapore, Aussies all of whom flew anyway from 9 to 23 hours to come to the event!

We struggled to get up for breakfast (made it, tho'). We were divided into 4 groups with challenges in 3 different areas: drivers (longest drive), irons (working the ball left and right) and wedges into pails of water.

Ricky Fowler had the driving section with great tips and question and answers. His swing was soooo sweet and high SS. Plus, photos with him. We were all on the trackman for the numbers. I didn't come close to driving as far as some of those guys! There was one monster guy who hit 50 feet up the net that was 300 yards away!! Just awesome!

Next, was the iron section. You had to hook a ball as far as you could and slice a ball as far as you could. It was measured on a trackman also.

The last was the wedge contest. The pails with water were set up 50 and 75 yards. Ian Poulter was here. His wedges were a thing of beauty! No one from our group splashed a ball in the water pails. But we had a blast trying!!

We had a box lunch and, then, the shotgun start when the fun REALLY began. More later!

Caino, what color team were you in dude?

I was in the Orange team even tho I picked blue for my clubs!

Back