The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The B1G has 5 schools ranked in the top 50 of US News' list of top academic schools. That's not bad.

Or perhaps brag about ncaa big10 basketball rankings?

Or perhaps brag about ncaa big10 basketball rankings?

Are they good again? I knew Indiana lost a bunch of guys and Michigan lost Burke.

Was just combing through our recruits again for this coming up year. (Class of 2014) One of our recruits that is a sure lock, Jalen Hurd, of Beech High in Tennessee is 6'4" tall, 224 pounds, and runs a 4.37 40 yard dash. He had 317 carries for 3357 yards and 42 touchdowns his junior year alone. No stats on this year as he tore the labrum in his shoulder in his first game during the third quarter (in which he already had 177 rushing yards before the injury).

Now he sounds like an animal, and when watching game tape is absolutely unstoppable. But my question is this. At 6'4" (with possibly another inch or two left to go at only 17 years of age) is RB the best option? That height is really gonna hurt him as a runner at the next level, in my opinion. Anybody else here think that a 6'4"-6'5" can still be a powerhouse RB in college football these days? Would these kinds of physical stats be better used moving the kid to SS, OLB, or maybe even WDE???

Brandon Jacobs says hi, but he sounds like an olb or de to me

Brandon Jacobs says hi, but he sounds like an olb or de to me

Dang. I didn't even think about him. Probably because he plays for the Giants...

Seven ranked teams lost last weekend. I think five of them were upsets. Clemson won. The term "pulling a Clemson" is just lazy writing at this point.

Seven ranked teams lost last weekend. I think five of them were upsets. Clemson won. The term "pulling a Clemson" is just lazy writing at this point.

I don't know how much the Northwestern loss to Wisconsin can be called an upset. The fact is, the ASU screwjob is going to haunt the Badgers for the rest of the year.

I don't know how much the Northwestern loss to Wisconsin can be called an upset. The fact is, the ASU screwjob is going to haunt the Badgers for the rest of the year.

Most of my post was focused on the fact that the four-letter network transitioned from #5 Stanford's loss to talking about how Clemson almost "pulled a Clemson" against BC. ridiculous.

At this rate, though, Clemson will have to put together a few seasons like Alabama (the Saban ones) to finally drop that moniker.

Yes, the SEC has 8 teams in the top 25, but isn't this new record due to conference expansion? Texas A&M and Missouri are two of those 8. The other 6 are usually in the rankings year in and year out. Don't take this as a knock, just pointing out a fact.

There are 13 unbeaten teams in the top 25 right now. At the very least there will only be 12 after this Saturday. Florida State #5 and Clemson #3 square off in what is the biggest matchup so far in the 2013 season. Can't wait for this game. I'm leaning toward Florida State but my final pick may be a just before game time decision.

Most of my post was focused on the fact that the four-letter network transitioned from #5 Stanford's loss to talking about how Clemson almost "pulled a Clemson" against BC. ridiculous.

At this rate, though, Clemson will have to put together a few seasons like Alabama (the Saban ones) to finally drop that moniker.

To be fair, they did almost pull a Clemson

Clemson can shake that if they lost to a good team and not those head scratcher games.

To be fair, they did almost pull a Clemson

They've also won their last 14 games against unranked opponents by double digits. So they did "pull a Clemson" on Saturday.

Clemson can shake that if they lost to a good team and not those head scratcher games.

I hope FSU can fix that on Saturday. :)

MmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmNope.

Do you root for any home teams? New Jersey does have a state college with a football program.

Do you root for any home teams? New Jersey does have a state college with a football program.

Grew up going to Florida twice a year and my family down there are all FSU fans so it just happened.

New Jersey Tech Garbage Hunts. Catch the Fever!

One time my college roommate caught New Jersey Garbage Hunt Fever. He needed a shot to get rid of it.

NJIT used to be called the Stevens Hoboken Institute of Technology. (S.H.I.T) Pretty fitting for this state.

They've also won their last 14 games against unranked opponents by double digits. So they did "pull a Clemson" on Saturday.

14 games doesn't get rid of a reputation... Sorry.

To be fair, it could also be called pulling a Tuberville, it seemed we were always Knocking off top 10 teams then losing to an unranked Arkansas

14 games doesn't get rid of a reputation... Sorry.

To be fair, it could also be called pulling a Tuberville, it seemed we were always Knocking off top 10 teams then losing to an unranked Arkansas
We always lost to unranked Arkansas.

Beating Top 10 teams was easy, beating unranked opponents when favored by double digits was not.

Beating Top 10 teams was easy, beating unranked opponents when favored by double digits was not.

Tis true.

Still can't believe Texas beat OU. Wow. Had a great time at the State Fair and the game. Walked in with no tickets. You could get some all morning for just about face right off the bat ($110) Bought 2 for $80 total about 15 minutes before kickoff. Decided to hold them up and try and sell 'em for kicks. Guy comes right up and offers $200 total for both. SOLD! Made $120....LOL. Buddy did the $20 handshake with the ticket taker and we all got in. Walked down to the 50 yard line and found 4 seats together that were open and no one ever came. And Texas wins too boot. Perfect day.

That is pulled directly from the Tommy Bowden book of coaching. Right before "get the salary bump BEFORE they have to fire you."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back