Cobra Baffler XL Fairway Woods and Hybrids Preview

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
COBRA’S NEW BAFFLER[SUP]®[/SUP] XL FAIRWAYS AND HYBRIDS MAKE GOLF EASY

CARLSBAD, CA (OCTOBER 1, 2013) – COBRA Golf is continuing to make golf easier. Easy to hit it far, easy to hit it straight and, most importantly, easy to enjoy the game. The new Baffler[SUP]®[/SUP] XL Fairways and Hybrids feature a new, high MOI Tungsten Perimeter design with oversized rails to make the most forgiving and easiest to hit Bafflers COBRA has ever created.

“The Baffler XL Fairways and Hybrids were designed with the specific intent to make golf easier,” commented Tom Preece, Vice President of Research and Development. “We achieved that through the combination of a high MOI clubhead, low CG, pronounced rails and increased Tungsten in the perimeter. All of these technologies work together to increase ball speed, lower spin, improve confidence at address and ultimately make the ball go farther and make golf easier and more enjoyable.”

The Baffler XL Fairways and Hybrids have a thin, high strength steel face with more flex to produce greater ball speed. A super low CG due to 30% more Tungsten than the Baffler T-Rail[SUP]®[/SUP]+ and a shallower face provides higher, longer ball flight with less spin.

The new, high MOI design is 15% higher than the Baffler T-Rail+ with a 20g tungsten perimeter. Oversized rails and a pronounced leading edge delivers easy to hit, forgiving Fairways and Hybrids. A larger aspect ratio than any of COBRA’s fairways makes the Baffler XL Fairway easy to it and gives golfers confidence at address.

The Baffler XL product line is named for the 40[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary of the Baffler and features a sophisticated Legion Blue cosmetic that is found throughout the new Baffler XL product line including the Baffler XL Driver, Baffler XL Combo Set and Baffler XL Irons. An offset design throughout the set will help correct slices, pronounced rails on fairways, hybrids and irons makes it easy to get the ball in the air and high MOI makes the Baffler XL product line extremely forgiving.

The COBRA Baffler XL Fairway(MAP $179) features a COBRA Baffler shaft and is available in 3+, 3, 5 and 7 woods in Stiff(65g low torque/mid kick), Regular(55g mid torque/mid kick) or Lite(55g mid torque/mid kick) flexes in right-handed models. Left-handed models available are 3 and 5 wood in Stiff, Regular and Lite flexes. The Baffler XL Fairways have a COBRA Lamkin[SUP]®[/SUP] REL EPDM Reminder Grip.

The COBRA Baffler XL Hybrid (MAP $159) features a COBRA Baffler shaft and is available in 2-7H in Stiff(70g low torque/mid kick), Regular(60g mid torque/mid kick) or Lite(60g mid torque/mid kick) flexes in right-handed models. Left-handed models available are 2-7H in Stiff, Regular and Lite flexes. The Baffler XL Hybirds have a COBRA Lamkin REL EPDM Reminder Grip.

The Baffler XL Driver, Fairways, Hybrids and Combo Set is also available in women’s models in Purple Pearl with Dahlia Purple accents.

The Baffler XL Driver, Fairways, Hybrids and Irons will be available at retail on November 15[SUP]th[/SUP], 2013.

i-M5fTPhs-L.jpg

i-XWMvp7L-L.jpg

i-LG5cKjz-L.jpg

i-n2PLF74-L.jpg

nice looking clubs, might be worth hitting!

the last few versions of the baffler woods have been very easy to hit. These look like the will continue in that mold. I like the blue on the top of the club as the alignment aide. Look forward to seeing them mid-November

very sexy clubs, can't wait to see how they perform, especially that 3W+

The 2013 Baffler was stupid easy to hit off the deck. After holding these in hand, I want to get a little QT with them at some point. IMO the baffler fairways have always been insanely overlooked.

Great looking clubs. Never tried any of the Baffler line, but I would sure like to give these a swing.

I absolutely love the look of these things, they are sexy for sure. Want to hit.

I really like the new blue color scheme!

I have always liked the feel of the Baffler woods off the deck, very solid. Again, good paint on the crown with the stripes...I like it.

Big day for the Baffler line here today. They look very nice and should be easy to hit.

The 2013 Baffler was stupid easy to hit off the deck. After holding these in hand, I want to get a little QT with them at some point. IMO the baffler fairways have always been insanely overlooked.

I agree, the Baffler line of fairways are among the easiest and straightest I've hit. Such a piece of cake to hit off the deck it's just not even funny. I really like the updated look of this line as well. I expect more of the same Baffler goodness from this years line.

The looks of these are appealing. I have always played Cobra FW's. Might be time to upgrade.

I'm listening. I'm listening intently. Off the tee is one thing, but for someone who's often looking in that 3w range on a par 5, I like fairway woods that are easy to hit off the deck and give me height. Hitting little bullets into par 5's isn't going to do much good at all when there's hazard in front. Try helping it into the air and you're having contact issues.

I'm listening. I'm listening intently. Off the tee is one thing, but for someone who's often looking in that 3w range on a par 5, I like fairway woods that are easy to hit off the deck and give me height. Hitting little bullets into par 5's isn't going to do much good at all when there's hazard in front. Try helping it into the air and you're having contact issues.

Dude, stupid easy. Seriously.

For me, easier. But I love a low profile face off the deck.

I like easier. I also like lower profile off the deck. Easier for me to frame the ball and not have to worry about how I'm going to hit the sweet spot when it seems like it's going to take a downward blow just to get the center of the clubface down to ball level.

I'll be the first to admit that I've seriously overlooked Cobra equipment in the past.

These are great looking clubs and I can certainly get down with this: "The Baffler XL Fairways and Hybrids were designed with the specific intent to make golf easier."

I like it. I remember hitting an older one really well. Might have to give this one a try
tap tap taparoo

You are reading my mind. Took me long enough to find an *apparent* winner with the XHP but the 2014 offerings are looking amazing - love that we have SO many fantastic options these days.

Bottom of these guys seem to have some slight gliderail action going on.

I like that.

Bottom of these guys seem to have some slight gliderail action going on.

I like that.

Their "T-Frame", its part of what I have always really liked about them. Plus, I do love low profile.

You are reading my mind. Took me long enough to find an *apparent* winner with the XHP but the 2014 offerings are looking amazing - love that we have SO many fantastic options these days.

Love the XHP off the tee but so finicky for me off the deck. The lie better be perfect or I'm handcuffed. My next choice is a ProLaunch blue in a 3w haha

Christmas list. Yes. That is where these will go. I might have to very specifically explain to my wife how much I would like a 3-Hybrid and a 5-Wood with GP Niion grips.

Cobra is really stepping their game up in the looks department with the Amp Cell line and then these Bafflers and the driver are sweet looking. I promised myself that my bag is set for a while, but there's always room for some fairway wood and hybrid testing.......

Back