What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So happy for you Kelly! Great playing! I'm not surprised, knowing your game. But, I was worried about your back after I read you had to ice after yesterday. Good going girl!

Needless to say I am paying the price! My back is hurting like crazy and I'll be back at PT today. I wore a back brace both rounds and iced each night. I played within myself and played even better the second day. I didn't think I had it in me to play like I did. I didn't play a practice round (rested instead) and had never played the toughest course we played. I am taking a long break from golf to focus on healing now.

Thanks so much for all the congrats!

Nice job Kelly!

Nicely done Kelly!

Played in a team event last week and the week before. Team A vs Team B. 4 groups of 4. Each group is 3 matches. Player A1 vs B1, Player A2 vs B2 and A1/A2 vs B1/B2 bestball net. We play stroke play for GHIN purposes. But, points are earned based on match play.

10/6
This is our first event of a 6 event "Fall Series". I didn't know the points were earned based on match play. My partner, our team captain, also didn't know. THANKS! I probably would've played some holes differently had I known that, especially 9, 17 & 18.
Score: 77(+5, 37/40)
FW: 8 - all of my missed FW's, except one, probably cost me a shot
GIR: 11 - hit my irons great. Hit all 5 par 3's. My missed GIR's were a direct result of poor teeshots not giving me a chance for a GIR
Putts: 32 (1 3putt on a par 5 where I was putting for eagle. YACK!)
Penalties: 2 (1 on the 17th due to choking. 1 on the 18th due to trying to make something happen)

Lose the match 2down. We were toe-to-toe all day. Every time one of us gave the other an opening, neither of us took advantage. Thought I had him on 16, a short par 3. He yanks his teeshot, shortsiding himself where the ball is in the rough, below his feet, green sloping away. I'm 15 feet below the hole for birdie, slightly uphill, breaking right about 6-9 inches. I'm thinking I could pick up 2 shots here by making mine while he chips on and 2 putts. Well, that didn't happen. Just like Ryder Cup, always assume they are going to make it. And.....my opponent chips in. When his ball hits the green, he starts yelling "F%#$ him up! F%#$ him up!" It goes in, he's fist pumping and "YAAA-ing", high fiving his partner. Then, he starts apologizing for his antics and says he has a tendency to get exctied. No $h1t, Sherlock.

I say "Nice chip". Then, I put my birdie right on top of his, calmly take my ball out of the cup and walk to the edge of the green. He does say, "That is cash money right there".

17 is a disaster for me. Pure choke off the teebox. Match is basically over. 18 is a par 5 and I have to make a 2 or a 3 and get some help.
Overall, a pretty good day of golf, even though I don't win my match.

Static: shame you didn't know!

I played 18 today: not very good, not very bad. Completely bonkered up a par5 (made 8), bogeyed another one. Had a few skinners. Just didn't come together.

Had a drink, played another 5 with my business partner. Started par-bogey-par. Then managed to hit another skinner to see my ball end up on the far left back side of the green: horrible pin position meant I had to put through the fringe. Didn't work out at all: three puts where needed. Hit an awesome teeshot on the fifth and last hole, then a 5iron over the massive tree in the middle of the fairway, 9iron to about 9 feet and missed the birdie put. So: level par after five. Won the little matchplay 3&2, lost the fourth, won the fifth.

43/37 - 80 and an additional 38 on the day. Caught the members at the turn on the second play through and they never let walkers through, even though I play in 2 hours and them in 4.5, makes perfect sense. So I said eff it and went home.

103 yesterday which is good for me normally. 133 today which was the worst I've ever shot.

103 yesterday which is good for me normally. 133 today which was the worst I've ever shot.

Ouch, I think we all have those days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Got out for a quick 18 this evening at The Frog. 40/39 for a 79. 11/14 fairways, 8/18 GIR, 33 putts. 2 birdies, 7 pars, 9 bogies. Did not chip well at all, only had 1 scramble.

Barry you are golfing your ball

78 with the following work of perfection:

6 Doubles
6 Par's
6 Birdies

Hey at least I didn't bogey any holes.

I got out in some very seasonal weather today and struggled to get warm but bounced back on the back to shoot a 91 with 35 putts including to bad three putts. As I say to my friends, I don't hit many greens in regulation but when I do I three putt...

On the back nine it was pretty slow so I decided to play another ball from the reds just to have some different looks and ended up shooting a three over 38, I was quite surprised and pleased when I added it up.

Congrats, KellyBo!

Shot a 39 on the front , got to the 10th hole and my phone went off. My daughters water broke so im off to the naval hospital soon to be a Grandpapa for the first time. YIPPY !!!

Scott

Played in our final league event today, which was a scramble. I drove the ball great (won longest drive) and the team used my drive on 14 holes (had to get one drive in from each member of the foursome). But I really let them down with my iron and short game! The "sh*nks hit me after 11 holes and I was virtually useless from the fairway after that.

41/39 for a +8 80 at Berkeley Country Club. Good considering I'm working on a grip change. Putted like crap though.

got in 9 holes at RVR (my home course) after work today. Noticed the wind blowing pretty hard on my short drive over there so I got a liitle nervous. Step on the first tee and its blowin pretty hard. 15-20mph id say. Made a few holes play really long but managed a (+2)38 with 2 birdies and 4 bogeys. Hit quite a few shots that put a big ol' grin on my face. Was a good round for me, but I know I can play much better

I hit the course again today, you have to love vacation weeks, and I played much more consistent than yesterday but ended up one shot worse. I shot a 92 with no blow up holes but not many pars either. Oh well there is always tomorrow.

42/43-85 at the same course I shot a 78 last week. Funny how I felt kinda unsatisfied walking off the course. But of course I will take this every day as I had no blowups holes.

Don't know why I did not make it in here yesterday to congratulate Kelly as I saw the news on FB. Congratulations again my friend, well done indeed. State champion is an awesome title.

Shot 46/45 for a PR 91 at Berkshire Valley in Oak Ridge, NJ. 8/14 FW. 9/18 GIR and now for the worst part - 46 putts. The greens were very difficult and fast but 46 is ridiculous. Looks like a putter/lessons is at the top of my list.

Shot 46/45 for a PR 91 at Berkshire Valley in Oak Ridge, NJ. 8/14 FW. 9/18 GIR and now for the worst part - 46 putts. The greens were very difficult and fast but 46 is ridiculous. Looks like a putter/lessons is at the top of my list.

I played with Salisboss and will attest those pin locations where almost unfair. Made putting very difficult. I had a great putting day and still had 35 putts. I shot a 79. One bad hole on each side. 50% of fairways, 61% GIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back