What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot a +7 77 today. Putted lights out. The best I have ever putted. 9 one putts and no 3 putts. 27 putts total.
I should have shot at least a 75 but I double bogeyed the last 2 holes...

Congrats Aaron, that's awesome!!

I shot a +7 77 today. Putted lights out. The best I have ever putted. 9 one putts and no 3 putts. 27 putts total.

27 putts is crazy...well done

Great round! That should give you tons of confidence going forward!

Thanks guys. Golf is so crazy. Even shooting as well as I did for me anyway I catch myself thinking...
Dang If I could have putted like this last round when I hit 70% of the fairways I would have scored better.
Maybe even shot par. Ahhh, what a wonderful game this is.

Nice work there. And only 27 putts that's awesome, well done.

Shot 39-37 76 today with 5 crappy bogeys from middle of fairways with short irons / wedges in hand !

Literally the story of my golf game...I feel your pain

Worst round of the year. shot a 43/46 - 89 at Ironbridge GC. Amazing that I can play my worst round the day after playing my best round. I think I just started trying to kill the ball. I was all over the place.

My game off the tee was so bad that I only hit 2 fairways all day. Not surprisingly, I only hit 5 greens, and to compound things further, I three putted 4 of those greens. Miserable.

This was my first time playing Ironbridge, and that course is a killer. It really demands accurate tee shots, and I had none of that. The greens were immaculate. Soft, true, and tournament fast. I hadn't played greens like that in a long time. Definitely played a huge part in my 21 putts on the front, but once I got the feel of them, I only rolled 14 putts on the back. That also shows how much worse I hit the ball on the back. Snowball effect for sure.

The course though is WOW. 10-14 are four of the most ridiculous holes I've ever played. All 4 require one shot over a canyon. #11 is a desert island par 3 on the edge of said canyon. #12 has an epic elevated tee shot with an approach to a small green tucked on a shelf on the othe side of that canyon. Just a really, really cool course.

Legacy Golf Course
Springfield, TN
42-37: 79
1 ball OB, 1 ball water
2 birdies

Started out today's round at a balmy 36*. Decided to try out the Amp Cell driver I picked up this week. Kept the Stage 2 in the bag for comparison purposes. The Amp Cell feels really good. Pretty consistent 260-280 club, and a little bit straighter than the RBZ. RBZ was 20-30 yards longer though. I probably need to work on the Amp Cell's loft to see which setting is best for me.

Overall, very pleased with my round. Very tempted to get back out as it is a perfect 65* sunny day now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

45/39 for an 84
2 birdies on the day
I want to say 7 or 8 GIR, but the scorecard is out in my vehicle.
More doubles than I like to see, but it worked out.

Slow start in the chilly air of the morning, but played a really good back nine. My neighbor came with and we walked. Great day and was nice to have the company.

Was pretty chilly but we got out there when the frost cleared....Shot 78..... 40-38....But had 5 birdies....EEK! Doubles just kept popping up on my scorecard. Ah well. Glad to be playing in Mid October! :)

Had a frustrating round today, and I think it might be the end of my season. Went 48/48 with 36 putts. I just couldn't get off the tee well to save my life; ended up with 4 FWs hit and only 5 GIRs. My putting is improving thanks to SeeMore and SuperStroke, and my wedges are serving me pretty well, but the rest of the bag just didn't show up. I would even try to play a nice smooth swing to avoid slicing it, and would instead pull the shot into trouble. Not a good note to finish the season on, but hopefully some motivation to train this winter.

Not too good. Front nine I shot a 45 which isn't too bad. But I had 8 putts in the first 3 holes. First 4 holes I was on the green putting birdie and couldn't put to save my life. Drivers where solid. Approach shoots where good. Back nine I got my old birdie of the day and a single par. But everything else was double and triple bogeys. I couldn't seem to find what was wrong. Total score of 97 for the day.

On a positive note, I did start and finish the round with the same Pro V1x golf ball. I had to fetch it from the water a couple of times. But never lost. That ball retriever was a sound investment. Cost $15 bucks. Saved me 3 Pro V1x balls($12).

Played in my club championship, and shot an 89 (47/42) I had a great time, and played really well. It was my first round that I got two birdies in.

Last edited:
For what could likely be the last round of the year, I put up 86 today at Laurentide GC. 41 front, 45 back. It was plenty wet from yesterday's showers and cool & sunny. The temps are suppose to drop with more rain expected for the next couple of weeks. My SeeMore's been on a tear the past few rounds. Well, here's to winter holidays' golf trip in late December.

Got out early today with Bullfrog, Brock and MarcW. Played Red Hawk run in Findlay, OH.

Ended up with a (41-42) 83. Not overly impressive but my short game decided not to show up today. Not sure in my stats but I drove the ball really well but just couldn't do much after that. Putting wasnt very good but the greens were really tricky and super fast. I might have had 1 3-putt.

Shot 77 +5 today. Kind of a weird day as I hit 7 fairway bunkers off the tee. Definitely most I've ever had in one round.

+9 thru 15 holes @ Normandy Shores until a nice thunderstorm rolled in. It was almost 6pm so I didn't wait it out. I guess I'll record a 42 +6 for 9 holes. :mad:

My work schedule has been brutal, but I finally made it out for a round and played rather well considering the conditions. 42/41 83 on fresh punched greens and a cold North wind 20+ mph. A few flubbed shots here and there, but overall things felt very solid today.

Went to Myrtle today to meet my youngest son and played a round at Legends and shot a 76, his last three rounds have been under par and today he shot even, needless to say I'm proud as hell of him. The torch has been passed successfully proud papa here.

Tied my personal best of 75 at Aguila in Laveen AZ. 38-37 with 5 bogeys and 2 birdies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

A very good 48 on 9 holes. If not for the glaring hole that was everything longer than my 7 iron, I probably would have had a much, much lower score. Had a lot of trouble getting the ball in the air with my long irons. Otherwise, was great off the tee, great with my wedges, and putted like a boss. 16 putts in 9 holes, only one three-jack. Helps that my short game was on point; was able to knock it close a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back