The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Not a chance

Typical tOSU fan. Cheer as a front runner and take 0 chances. That's fine.

Edit: I will also note, you're making the smart move.

Have you seen any Michigan football scores this year? They're not bad. Not good either, but not that bad. They've lost once in 4OT.

I meant against OSU, my bad for not being specific

Michigan has looked hideous this yr minus the ND game. Yesterdays diabacle against Indiana showed how swiss chessy our defense is.

Top 25 should get quite interesting now, with the #3,6,7,8,9,11,15,20 and 22 teams getting beat on Saturday.

Ugh. That game last night was ugly.

FSU is about as legit of a team that I have seen. Talent everywhere, and Winston is for real.

I wish Clemson would have actually attended the game, but I don't think it would have mattered. Maybe 7-10 point loss instead of the absolute beat down. Oh, well. Hopefully they can turn it around and still make a BCS bowl.

FSU is about as legit of a team that I have seen. Talent everywhere, and Winston is for real.

I wish Clemson would have actually attended the game, but I don't think it would have mattered. Maybe 7-10 point loss instead of the absolute beat down. Oh, well. Hopefully they can turn it around and still make a BCS bowl.

You're still here. We all thought you got abducted last night.

I'm still having trouble processing all the craziness we saw yesterday, but it's Saturdays like the last two that make college football so great. Upsets you don't see coming, where the results really do matter.

Sorry for your loss, Seth.

I know how it feels.

(reference; 2012 Auburn Football Schedule)

I guess we begin a new stat of winning at what stadium.

It was all about getting off that bus.

I'm still having trouble processing all the craziness we saw yesterday, but it's Saturdays like the last two that make college football so great. Upsets you don't see coming, where the results really do matter.
It was absolutely crazy. I still dont think Mizzou is for real, beating a undermanned Georgia team and a HIGHLY overranked Florida team.

It was absolutely crazy. I still dont think Mizzou is for real, beating a undermanned Georgia team and a HIGHLY overranked Florida team.

I don't either right now, and they still have South Carolina, Ole Miss, and A&M on the schedule...but they have some margin of error now for getting to Atlanta.

Mizzou is in the SEC east correct? (Geography win). They might come out of that division and play Alabama

89 pass attempts is unreal. But Mike Leach is a stand up guy right? It's the pot calling the kettle calling the frying pan.

I don't really know anything about Mike Leach, but a guy who coaches for a program who has been running up scores on terrible Pac 12 teams for 5-6 years now crying about this is just funny to me.

Kinda like you said. Pot meet kettle.

I don't really know anything about Mike Leach, but a guy who coaches for a program who has been running up scores on terrible Pac 12 teams for 5-6 years now crying about this is just funny to me.

Kinda like you said. Pot meet kettle.

Im with you. It was bush league to throw 89 times. But Oregon calling them out is downright comical. Its like Oregon fans shouting about other schools cheating right after they got caught.

Im with you. It was bush league to throw 89 times. But Oregon calling them out is downright comical. Its like Oregon fans shouting about other schools cheating right after they got caught.

Exactly. People in the college football scene tend to believe they live in glass houses. Cracks me up.

As I look back now, not many of those were really mindblowing. UGA has been reeling for weeks, and frankly isn't a very good team in their current state. Outside of a butt whooping they putt on Arkansas, SC really hasn't looked very good all year. We all know how turrrrible the gatahs offense is. The A&M defense is just as bad as UF's offense, and Auburn's offense has been good all year, and the defense has been improving. Ole Miss has looked pretty decent in every game they have played against teams not named Alabama.

The SEC games this year are really strange. No one plays defense anymore, and I believe that's what has made them dominant for so long.

Years past you knew when the Ducks came in with their 55 point average against the amazing Pac 12 that wasn't gonna happen against the likes of an LSU or Bama. Now I'm not so sure.

The SEC games this year are really strange. No one plays defense anymore, and I believe that's what has made them dominant for so long.

Alabama and UF still play top notch defense. I think we are seeing a 1 year trend away from defense. A couple of the traditionally good defenses are REALLY young, like UGA and LSU. USCe and Ole Miss are playing decent defense, and Auburn's D is trending in the right direction after the past few years. There is no doubt the offenses are the best they have ever been right now, but I think you will see some resurgent defenses in the league next year.

But there is no doubt they aren't where they have been traditionally.

Alabama and UF still play top notch defense. I think we are seeing a 1 year trend away from defense. A couple of the traditionally good defenses are REALLY young, like UGA and LSU. USCe and Ole Miss are playing decent defense, and Auburn's D is trending in the right direction after the past few years. There is no doubt the offenses are the best they have ever been right now, but I think you will see some resurgent defenses in the league next year.

The same Bama D that A&M hung like 40 on? Never thought i would see the day they had to win a shootout.

Its not a one year trend dude.

Years past you knew when the Ducks came in with their 55 point average against the amazing Pac 12 that wasn't gonna happen against the likes of an LSU or Bama. Now I'm not so sure.

Bama's defense is still elite and has gotten better as the season has progressed. They have given up 16 points TOTAL in the past five games combined, but aside from them, I think you are seeing a year where there are more elite offensive players than defensive in general in the SEC which leads to these shoot outs.

Don't really know yet if this is just an occurrence that is cyclical, and that will go back the other direction when so many senior or draftable QBs are gone next year, or if the paradigm has changed with the increased number of spread, no huddle offenses that teams are running.

I want to see what Oregon does against Stanford before I get too concerned with how Alabama would do against them.

The same Bama D that A&M hung like 40 on? Never thought i would see the day they had to win a shootout.

Yes that bama D, the same one that has given up 26 points in their other 6 games. They are the number 1 scoring D in the nation despite that game.

I'm not trying to say it will be back to being a defensive league next year, but I don't think you will see teams like LSU and UGA struggle so much on defense every year going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back