The University of Texas Golf Club Review

ysu8eger.jpg

More to come!

Did the course turn out to be as good as you were hoping? From the limited pics I have seen, it looks good.

Did the course turn out to be as good as you were hoping? From the limited pics I have seen, it looks good.

Took pics of each hole so need to upload. Hoping by Sunday!

Took pics of each hole so need to upload. Hoping by Sunday!

Look forward to seeing them. How did you do on it? I bet you got a pretty good test of your game on that course.

Front 9 of the University of Texas Club is posted and updated in the 1st post. Will get to the back 9 this afternoon!

pictures look awesome Nate. How difficult is it to get out on this course?

Fantastic start with the front 9 Nate!

Beautiful looking track and I know the photos don't do the undulation justice.

Great that you were able to experience it!

Nate - the pictures on the front 9 are fantastic. Can't wait to see the back nine.

Thanks for sharing!!

Hole 10-18 have been updated! Thanks to all for viewing them. It was a dream of mine come true!

pictures look awesome Nate. How difficult is it to get out on this course?

You do have to play with a member. There are 400 local members and another 300 regional "limited" memberships.

Nate, thanks for the pictures, it looks great. But please tell me there are some Longhorns grazing nearby and that OU fans are not allowed on the course:D

Not much red out on the course today.

Awesome review Nate! Course looks fun, and that pic from the locker room is sweet. I also really like that they shove the Longhorn in your face...everywhere.

Great job on the back 9 and then all the club amenities. Absolutely amazing place, great great club review!!

Thanks gentlemen! Being a Longhorn fan all my life made it that much better but if you stripped all the longhorn logos and themes off the course it would still stand as a top 3 course in that area.

Also heard that the UT alum, Mike Myers, donated that land to the University. I don't know what the value of that land was but it had to be between $300-$500 million. Maybe more. I must meet this Mike Myers lad.

Looking forward to round 2 out here this Wednesday! Really fortunate to get another crack at this golf course. It is in my top 5 courses I've played and I put it slightly ahead of any of the Barton Creek courses. And no.....it's not because it's longhorn themed (but it helps). Will post some more pics up on Wednesday.

Looking forward to round 2 out here this Wednesday! Really fortunate to get another crack at this golf course. It is in my top 5 courses I've played and I put it slightly ahead of any of the Barton Creek courses. And no.....it's not because it's longhorn themed (but it helps). Will post some more pics up on Wednesday.

Should be in ultra-prime condition with the State Amateur qualifier being held today. Have fun!!!

Should be in ultra-prime condition with the State Amateur qualifier being held today. Have fun!!!

I take it you ended up not going? Didn't realize that was today!

I take it you ended up not going? Didn't realize that was today!

Naaa. Game is not in good shape. Might look into the mid-am match play, which will be at The Traditions, down at A&M.

Most other 2013 events are too far away, or not on a course I want to make a trip for.

Local TXGA's:
State Public LinksMay 29-June 1Texas Star GC
Euless
4/7-5/21

North AmateurAugust 8-10Watters Creek
Allen
6/23-8/5

Narrow! Have fun out there.

B1D0A41D-FCC2-4F71-A4BD-23D657D18175_zps2u4qbe4w.jpg

5th shot view on approach

how are the green speeds?

On the fast side but fair. Said the scores from yesterday were 72, 73, 75, 77, a few 79's. Wind was blowing 35mph yesterday. Today was perfect!

I can say I have had the absolute pleasure of playing the UT Golf Club. It was one of my best overall experiences to date. I am hoping to get back out again this year. Teravista will have to do until then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I can say I have had the absolute pleasure of playing the UT Golf Club. It was one of my best overall experiences to date. I am hoping to get back out again this year. Teravista will have to do until then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I have played Teravista many many times. A nice solid track in Round Rock. Hit 'em straight!

Back