Choosing a Golf Glove

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How do you choose your golf glove?
By look?
By brand (you like to match or are brand loyal)?
By price?
By materials?

What makes you choose one glove over the other?

I won't lie, for me its all price. I used to hang on durability the most but inevitably it all comes back to price for me.

I have a weird tendency to only buy gloves from manufacturers I have in my bag.

Don't care about matching any brands.

Typically looking for something that I know will last (past experience or feedback from others), preferrably leather, and price comes in last. I'll pay a little more if the glove lasts. At this point, I'm always buying the same glove because I know what I'm getting and like the product.

I choose by fit, materials, and price. I have ad FJ and TM in my bag this past year, but mostly becasue they fit great and were priced on sale.

Fit for me is the biggest factor, material next, and I like find a glove that I like and then buy a boatload of them when they get discounted.

For whatever reason I have always used Nike gloves. Probably because they always have a good selection for left handed players.

Fit and materials, then price. I won't buy a non Cabretta glove, because they just get tore up too fast. I usually just find the cheapest one that is leather and fits comfortably. Couldn't care less about brand, although I tend to buy TM ones cause they usually have the cheapest leather ones.

Price is usually the biggest factor in making a purchase followed by durability.

If I'm buying them I choose based on fit, brand doesn't seem to play a role. For me though, this item is one that I put on a Christmas list or something and usually get several of them and don't have to buy them until later in the season.

Combination of price & durability. Always looking for steals online and stocking up.

For me, Bridgestone has some fantastic value offerings.

Material #1. Has to be leather. I have tried the synthetic and they just get to slippery IMO.
Price #2. Try to buy several at a time online, hate getting to the clubhouse w/o a glove. $20 bucks please
Brand #3. I prefer Titleist or Wilson gloves, I know they fit my hand well.

Price. My Callaway warbird glove suits my needs just fine, and they can be had for cheap.

Good question JB. Personally it's a bit about looks, a lot about price and some about material and durability. I'm not tooooo brand loyal, though I have ran through FJ gloves faster than say, my last Mizuno gloves I had. Could have been the cheaper material in the FJ gloves that I had at the time, not sure.
Since I have small-ish hands, so there is that wrench too. Trying to find the correct glove that will fit, as some places don't always carry my size.

I used to jump from glove to glove depending what was on sale. When I found the glove I currently use I liked it so much that I've stuck with it for the last 6 months. There may be something better out there but I probably won't find it anytime soon. For me this is the problem with being loyal to one particular glove but it ain't broke so I won't fix it.

Material first, then price. I can't use those cheap synthetic leather gloves, yuck. Thus this invariably always leads me to buying the 3 packs at Costco for $15 lol. Best deal around without having to hunt!

Price, then fit. I won't buy a cheap glove that doesn't fit well, but I start at the cheap end!

I don't wear a glove anymore. But when I did, it was usually based on feel and comfort.

I buy whatever I can find that is right-handed and XL. Price becomes secondary to me as long as I can find gloves. I tend to buy 2 or 3 at a time if I see them.

1. Price
2. Color / style
3. Leather

I don't care one iota about brand loyalty or matching to anything in my bag.

Price, and durability.

I wont buy a cheap crappy glove just because it's cheap. But I will by a mediocre glove at a mediocre price.

For me, the Callaway 2packs are the best gloves out there. Last forever and 2 for like $15 is a steal.

Fit > Material >> Price

I have no problem spending $20-$30 on a quality glove as long as it fits well. Material has really started to become a priority as well. Currently using a Mizuno glove, despite no Mizuno clubs. Have used Callaway, Nike, Bionic, and taylormade gloves in the past as well.

In order -

Wet weather performance (bearing in mind location)
Fit (I've had a couple had seams exactly where my fingers grip points are)
Materials
Longevity
Price
Looks
Brand

For me its been price

Look for the most part as long as its economical, but price drives the decision for me.

Price, and durability.

I wont buy a cheap crappy glove just because it's cheap. But I will by a mediocre glove at a mediocre price.

For me, the Callaway 2packs are the best gloves out there. Last forever and 2 for like $15 is a steal.
I bought them for a while, but the last couple of packages were less than stellar. Useable, but the stitching came out.

Back