The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is that when Saban was asked about the Texas rumors a few weeks ago, his answer was "I'm too old to start over again" (insert Saban/honesty statement here). Honestly, I don't think Saban retires at Alabama, and I think there is a decent chance he leaves after this season (particularly if they win the title again), but I think it is for the white whale of the NFL.

I can tell you, if Saban is tiring of the recruiting or the competition, he's doing a really great job hiding the disdain for those areas since he is the one coach pushing a 9-game SEC schedule.

And what did Saban say about the Alabama job when he was still with the Dolphins?

And what did Saban say about the Alabama job when he was still with the Dolphins?

I understand, which is why I had inserted this "(insert Saban/honesty statement here)" :act-up:

Before seeing Bama's monetary offer: "I'm committed to Miami. I have no interest in any other positions."

After seeing Bama's monetary offer: "Roll Tide"

Before seeing Bama's monetary offer: "I'm committed to Miami. I have no interest in any other positions."

After seeing Bama's monetary offer: "Roll Tide"

#RollGreenbacks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

"I'm not gonna be the Alabama coach" and not just once but at least 5 or 6 times. I'm still bitter he picked Culpepper over Brees.

"I'm not gonna be the Alabama coach" and not just once but at least 5 or 6 times. I'm still bitter he picked Culpepper over Brees.

Heck, I'm still pretty bitter the Falcons drafted Vick instead of LT and Brees.

Yes! I don't like our chances... BUT, It's Bama week! It's not the the third Saturday of October, but it'll do!!!
padegyvy.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

As I have aged I have come to realize all programs have a few jackass fans, some more than others but in Bama's case, they are ultra successful so they should have more than their fair share.

As I have aged I have come to realize all programs have a few jackass fans, some more than others but in Bama's case, they are ultra successful so they should have more than their fair share.

We have always had more than our fair share, just like Auburn, Tennessee, and Georgia do. Predominantly, rednecks that didn't even graduate high school, much less ever set foot on campus as a student. Unfortunately these morons become "representatives" for the rest of us who actually went to school.

We have always had more than our fair share, just like Auburn, Tennessee, and Georgia do. Predominantly, rednecks that didn't even graduate high school, much less ever set foot on campus as a student. Unfortunately these morons become "representatives" for the rest of us who actually went to school.

Agreed, I have always had no problem with actual grads. It's the Walmart Bama fans that are the worst in most cases.

If I was USC or a USC fan and saw what they dolled out to Miami yesterday, I would be a little ticked off. I guess all you can do is laugh.

Go buckeyes :D

Will be #1 by season end

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

A stretch unless we have one of those crazy weekends where everyone bites the dust

If I was USC or a USC fan and saw what they dolled out to Miami yesterday, I would be a little ticked off. I guess all you can do is laugh.
Jay Bilas take on all this is a great listen and read, he really paints the picture of how the NCAA just keeps screwing things up and doesn't have any consistency at all.

Jay Bilas take on all this is a great listen and read, he really paints the picture of how the NCAA just keeps screwing things up and doesn't have any consistency at all.

The NCAA makes up rules as badly as NASCAR.

Let's play a game of "What's wrong in this picture" taken from the U of Alabama homepage:

full_capstone_01.jpg

Let's play a game of "What's wrong in this picture" taken from the U of Alabama homepage:

full_capstone_01.jpg

I love the response they gave the blog Out Kick the Coverage;

Alabama has already responded to the picture controversy:
Andy Rainey writes in an email that was forwarded to Outkick the Coverage:
"Thanks for your inquiry. I have spoken with our Photography department and have seen the original photos from this shoot, and I can assure you that no material alterations were made to this image other than routine global lightening. The student in question in the photo was absolutely not Photoshopped into the image."

The NCAA makes up rules as badly as NASCAR.

I don't know anything about NASCAR but that might explain why it's popularity, at least around here, doesn't seem as high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back