The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just ordered all new windows for the house! Ouch but should keep the house warmer in the winter and less sun cooked in the summer!

We did 13 windows and installed a bay window (two windows and a picture window) when we remodeled six years ago. I am sure it helped our bills a lot, but we also got a new central air unit and heater at the same time, so we don't know how much each thing helped!

We did 13 windows and installed a bay window (two windows and a picture window) when we remodeled six years ago. I am sure it helped our bills a lot, but we also got a new central air unit and heater at the same time, so we don't know how much each thing helped!

I'm doing 18 windows and calling another company to glass block the basement windows in. The killer is all the aluminum work that has to be done around them. We use wood pellets to heat and have no AC except for window units, so it should be interesting to see how much they save us in the winter.

We are talking about doing geothermal to replace our propane furnace and give us AC. But they may be awhile as thats may be expensive.

I know it's different living in Florida, but I just cannot wrap my head around people not having AC. I know it's different just about everywhere else, but it's still hard for me to understand.

I know it's different living in Florida, but I just cannot wrap my head around people not having AC. I know it's different just about everywhere else, but it's still hard for me to understand.

we use a window unit when it doesn't cool down at night may 3 weeks a yr. Living in the middle of farm fields there is always a breezy so as long as the humidity stays down we are good with just fans.

Even in Ohio, the thought of not having AC is brutal.

My fraternity house had no AC and in the summers it would be miserable everywhere except our rooms where we had AC. After you showered it was a mad dash to your room so you wouldn't start sweating again.

My family all being from Texas thought it was insane, and it probably was

Even in Ohio, the thought of not having AC is brutal.

Thats cause you have no breeze at you house. I can literally see 10 miles in a straight line with no obstructions from my front door constant breeze keeps things comfy till its humid and temps at night don't drop below 75 at night

My fraternity house had no AC and in the summers it would be miserable everywhere except our rooms where we had AC. After you showered it was a mad dash to your room so you wouldn't start sweating again.

My family all being from Texas thought it was insane, and it probably was

We have that run at the house if its humid.

Don't have AC up here, but there's really no need for it except for like a week in the summer. Rarely gets much above 80, and it's generally not very humid, so an open window is plenty most times.

In Utah and New Jersey though, I would have died without AC. Utah was better than NJ because it's so dry there, but it still gets above 100 there, which is hot regardless of moisture. Didn't have AC in my dorm at Virginia Tech for 2 years, then got an apartment with AC and sang the praises of it haha

Even in Oregon, it is a must. You may only need it a handful of days a year. But when you need it you need it.

My AC is still on and its freaking October 23.

My heat has only been on in my house for one night ever

Fireplace is going right now.

r9CUBvF.png

To say I am tired right now would be an understatement, but still a few more hours to go.

Lots of great stuff coming soon.

Pellet stove is running. I've got two months +(2tons) of pellets in the basement, got at least 2 more to get.

Pellet stove is running. I've got two months +(2tons) of pellets in the basement, got at least 2 more to get.

a3e9evy9.jpg

Is this like a golf score thing. Do I win because I have all the low numbers?

Do I need to copy and paste this to the rant thread for you?

A/C off and windows open for the last few weeks. Loving it!

qumyve9y.jpg

You have the AC off when it's in the upper 70's low 80's? I would die in your house. I fight JB to keep the AC at 75, if it was up to me it would be 72 during the day and 68 at night in the house.
Does this mean you need to adjust the thermostat before he returns :)

You have the AC off when it's in the upper 70's low 80's? I would die in your house. I fight JB to keep the AC at 75, if it was up to me it would be 72 during the day and 68 at night in the house.

Our house is covered by big trees so little to no direct sunlight.

I hate being hot.....and had sweats on tonight. It feels perfect here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back