I too am undecided. I will be snagging call of duty for Xbox 360. If I get a system it will be after Christmas
I wont be buying either system.

However, I am sure Santa will be bringing one to Mizatty!

What makes you certain of that and why?
The PS3 online experience was "supposed" to be the best out there...

We saw how that turned out.

Just from what I have read, I dont think it will be comparable to what Microsoft offers.

Just from what I have read, I dont think it will be comparable to what Microsoft offers.

Hmm.. I've read they made the changes necessary for the games to match up better, and that their system reads better than xbox graphics wise..

I wont be buying either system.

However, I am sure Santa will be bringing one to Mizatty!

Hmm I think u santa should bring 2 to u guys

Texashacker...see ya on xbox

Article I found

In any case, Edge suggests that cross-platform launch titles will look "near-identical" whether played on Xbox One or PS4 - partially to expedite development, partially because developers won't want to get into hot water with MS or Sony by making a game look much better on one machine than the other. Ooh, politics.

I was very critical of the psn when it first started but Sony made big leaps throughout the life of the ps3. Having seen the ps4 interface in action I can say that the pendulum has swung.

Article I found

In any case, Edge suggests that cross-platform launch titles will look "near-identical" whether played on Xbox One or PS4 - partially to expedite development, partially because developers won't want to get into hot water with MS or Sony by making a game look much better on one machine than the other. Ooh, politics.

With about two months to go before the release of the Xbox One and PS4, there’s been a lot of buzz about the performance capabilities of both next-gen consoles. A new article over at Edge has sources apparently familiar with developing for both consoles saying that Sony’s upcoming hardware is more powerful. But the difference in power might not matter much, at least not at launch.

Speaking anonymously, developers interviewed by Edge talked about how the PS4′s component performance makes it faster than the Xbox One:
Our contacts have told us that memory reads on PS4 are 40-50 per cent quicker than Xbox One, and its ALU (Arithmetic Logic Unit) is around 50 per cent faster. One basic example we were given suggested that without optimisation for either console, a platform-agnostic development build can run at around 30FPS in 1920×1080 on PS4, but it’ll run at “20-something” FPS in 1600×900 on Xbox One. “Xbox One is weaker and it’s a pain to use its ESRAM,” concluded one developer.
Microsoft has been aggressively contesting claims like the above, as seen earlier this week. But the most intriguing thing about the Edge piece is the suggestion by said anonymous developers that a cross-platform game might be held back from looking or performing better on PS4 so as to not anger Microsoft:
One source even suggested that enforcing parity across consoles could become a political issue between platform holders, developers and publishers. They said that it could damage perceptions of a cross platform title, not to mention Xbox One, if the PS4 version shipped with an obviously superior resolution and framerate; better to “castrate” the PS4 version and release near-identical games to avoid ruffling any feathers.

Hmm.. I've read they made the changes necessary for the games to match up better, and that their system reads better than xbox graphics wise..
I just know and trust XBL, and will probably go with that.

I mean, Santa will go with that...for Matty.

Article I found

yeah not at launch i've had my PS3 since the day it was released.... thats 7 years i also heard its because of the time crunch to get the games out its easier to just make them the same instead of upgrading them for one console because they can for that console. it still comes down to what you've grown up with for most of the people buying the system... i like the direction Sony is moving compared to what xbox has done like i said earlier if i wanna watch tv i don't need my playstation to be running to do so i like how PS4 big thing is still gaming... and they partnered with the NHL instead of the NBA

But it's also free, and if it's for free, it's for me,lol I had a 360 but I got tired of paying for Xbox Live so I went to the PS3. I guess it's all just a matter of preference but I don't have any complaints about the online play on the PS3 games I play but I only play sports games so that could be why I'm not seeing much of a fall off. Idk, I'm not a very tech savvy guy, lol

But it's also free, and if it's for free, it's for me,lol I had a 360 but I got tired of paying for Xbox Live so I went to the PS3. I guess it's all just a matter of preference but I don't have any complaints about the online play on the PS3 games I play but I only play sports games so that could be why I'm not seeing much of a fall off. Idk, I'm not a very tech savvy guy, lol

I am not 100% on the model they are implementing, but I have read that Sony are charging for online play this time around, although whether this applies to all online play or only for certain types of games I am not sure??

Up to now, this hasn't bothered me as other than trying a couple of the Assassins Creed online modes the only other online activity has been in the Country Club on Tiger Woods. I am not interested in shooters such as COD so it will all depend on how much the PSN subscription works out to be over here as to how soon I might decide to pick up a PS4

The price for online play is nothing in the grand scheme of things. It will allow Sony to fund improvements to the online functionality and continue to make it better, and for 11-13 cents a day, I'm definitely good with it.

I'm definitely giving it some time though. For all the hype leaning towards PS4, it's all about execution and I'll be seeing which system burns out faster, as well as which is the clear favourite for online play. That probably means I am buying Ghosts for 360.

This is going to be a fun winter

The price for online play is nothing in the grand scheme of things. It will allow Sony to fund improvements to the online functionality and continue to make it better, and for 11-13 cents a day, I'm definitely good with it.

I'm definitely giving it some time though. For all the hype leaning towards PS4, it's all about execution and I'll be seeing which system burns out faster, as well as which is the clear favourite for online play. That probably means I am buying Ghosts for 360.

Throw in the awesome free games that come with Playstation+ and its starting to look like XBL is playing a little catchup.

Batman: Arkham Origins tomorrow!

Batman: Arkham Origins tomorrow!

Thank you for that friendly reminder. I forgot it comes out tomorrow. I think I need to go get something around 12:30 tonight...

Throw in the awesome free games that come with Playstation+ and its starting to look like XBL is playing a little catchup.

How so? Xbox has always had by far the best online experience... If PS4 is going to start charging for theirs then they better make sure it is as good as the Xbox version or they will have some upset people.

How so? Xbox has always had by far the best online experience... If PS4 is going to start charging for theirs then they better make sure it is as good as the Xbox version or they will have some upset people.

When PS3 and 360 first came out I agree, but they worked on closing that gap. The interface I've seen for PS4 is far superior to the PS3 interface and really makes the difference between PSN and XBL just a matter of taste.

I got the following games completely free with my PS+ subscription

The latest Hitman Game
Uncharted 3
Battlefield 3
Saints Row III
Little Big Planet Carting
XCOM

That is over $300 worth of games, for free. Now, XBL has countered by starting a game for gold program, but the games they are offering are much older than the games that are offered on PS+

I was waiting to buy a hard copy of F1 2013 until it came out on October 29th (according to the Wiki page) instead of buying on the PSN store. Well, I just went on Gamestop's website and it says it won't be out until Dec 1st!!

I'm going to go to Best Buy today and just ask. This is stupid. There's no way I'm waiting until then.

When PS3 and 360 first came out I agree, but they worked on closing that gap. The interface I've seen for PS4 is far superior to the PS3 interface and really makes the difference between PSN and XBL just a matter of taste.

I got the following games completely free with my PS+ subscription

The latest Hitman Game
Uncharted 3
Battlefield 3
Saints Row III
Little Big Planet Carting
XCOM

That is over $300 worth of games, for free. Now, XBL has countered by starting a game for gold program, but the games they are offering are much older than the games that are offered on PS+

It is much more than just interfacing dude. It is matchmaking, friends lists, connection, support, etc... and PS3 has ALWAYS lagged wayyy behind on those. I hope the PS4 online experience rivals Xbox, but I will have to see much more than just an interface. Looks only go so far

A bit of a thread skim here, but is anyone playing The Simpsons Tapped Out? If you are add me. Tikigod2011 is my origin id.

If not you need this game, as it's a great time waster.

It is much more than just interfacing dude. It is matchmaking, friends lists, connection, support, etc... and PS3 has ALWAYS lagged wayyy behind on those. I hope the PS4 online experience rivals Xbox, but I will have to see much more than just an interface. Looks only go so far

You should watch a features video on the PS4 it looks like everything they are changing. I dunno what Xbox is doing because they seem to only talk about watching tv on Xbox. Last time I checked I didn't need a gaming system to watch tv lol.

That's exactly why I didn't pre-order. IF the hype plays out in PS4's favour, I'm all in.... but i'm going to let other people take the plunge first haha, especially when from what I hear, the difference in game quality for the games i'll be playing for the next 8 months (NHL, CoD) isn't that massive between the generations.

Back