Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition, there were upgrades to the camera. If you have been to any outdoor event, taking photos with an ipad seems to be the cool thing to do.

And anyone who does so while blocking the view of people behind them should be beaten over the head with said iPad until bruised and in the fetal position.

I almost hate watching a show at Disney World now, especially the night-time fireworks or such, because there are too many dang iPads beind held up, screens glaring away in your face, blocking your view so all you see is a sea of iPads... :angry:

I think it's funny how many people you see taking pictures with tablets. I have a camera on mine and I would venture to guess that I have taken less than 15 pictures in the 2 years I've had it. All of those were pretty much messing around with it in the house.

In addition, there were upgrades to the camera. If you have been to any outdoor event, taking photos with an ipad seems to be the cool thing to do.

I think it's funny how many people you see taking pictures with tablets. I have a camera on mine and I would venture to guess that I have taken less than 15 pictures in the 2 years I've had it. All of those were pretty much messing around with it in the house.

I've seen golf instructors using the camera. They did stills and video for my wife when she had a lesson. Other than that, I am not sure I've ever seen it happen. The Nexus 7 I have doesn't have a regular camera.

And anyone who does so while blocking the view of people behind them should be beaten over the head with said iPad until bruised and in the fetal position.

I almost hate watching a show at Disney World now, especially the night-time fireworks or such, because there are too many dang iPads beind held up, screens glaring away in your face, blocking your view so all you see is a sea of iPads... :angry:

You have to grab your spot for Disney shows early. And I am not above elbowing a kid to keep them out of my spot.

I have seen this before, more than once. That lady looks ridiculous doing that, too! She was sitting in my front yard, watching the local annual Labor Day parade and taking pictures with her iPad. SMH Why would you do that? That's a terrible camera, too! lol

Mrs. Yorkem stopped me on the tee box at the MC and asked for a quick picture, boom! iPad in the face!

I've seen golf instructors using the camera. They did stills and video for my wife when she had a lesson. Other than that, I am not sure I've ever seen it happen. The Nexus 7 I have doesn't have a regular camera.

Rick Steelsmith used one for my bowling lesson

tappin from my big as note2

Using them for something like a lesson makes sense.

Holding them up in the dark with its crappy camera made worse by the lack of lighting on an unstable platform (hand-held) so that all you get is grainy, shaky, unintelligble video is pointless.

My wife is currently using ours as a camera because our camera shot craps, and the camera on her phone is worse. I have a Nokia 925, and even though the camera on it is really good, I can't get the stupid phone to do what I want it to half of the time.

Pondering a tablet (windows). Will use for personal use (browsing, etc) and also replacing my corporate laptop. We have a BYOD program that I'm managing from a fulfillment perspective so makes sense for me to enroll.

Anyhow, speaking with a product manager yesterday and he told me that there are some new tablets dropping in a few months with some serious upgrades to processing power etc.

I know nothing if windows tablets so need to get edumucated.

Shat.

It just hit me right now.

I reeeeeally hope I dont have to turn my ipad in for work.

They can have the Blackberry back, though.

Shat.

time to make a deal. You give them the blackberry and you get the iPad. seems fair

Shat.

Haha, welcome to my world, I had to turn in all my cool stuff.

time to make a deal. You give them the blackberry and you get the iPad. seems fair

Well, the IT guy and I are pretty tight. We switched to iPads for our nurses last year for use on Medication Carts and what not, and we just happened to get an extra one in our order when they came in...

Im hoping.

G2 not available for Sprint until next month, buy back price on current phone solid until December @210. Really want the tri-band, but messed around with the N4. Not as big as I thought, but not really impressed. In store demo software bloat probably the cause but so much lag. No rush, will continue to look at options until the G2 drops in store.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

G2 not available for Sprint until next month, buy back price on current phone solid until December @210. Really want the tri-band, but messed around with the N4. Not as big as I thought, but not really impressed. In store demo software bloat probably the cause but so much lag. No rush, will continue to look at options until the G2 drops in store.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I was looking at the G2 this week too. I'm still on Sprint, though that may/probably will change. My contract ends on Sunday. Best Buy has a killer deal on that phone this week, but I think I'm going to wait it out a bit. Really want to see the final specs and stuff on the Nexus 5.

Anyone wanting a Roku, woot has the Roku2 XD w/ Extra remote today for $44.99 (factory reconditioned) http://tech.woot.com/

iOS7 update available, all sorts of bug fixes

My cube mate installed it and now all of her email shows as unread even though she has read everything. I swear they can't fix anything without breaking something else.

I'm liking the Samsung Galaxy Tab

Shat.

When they ask, say "What ipad?".

Got my Chromecast installed. Streamed some YouTube vids from the iPhone and iMac. Looks great on the big screen. Played some video from nfl.com. Cool stuff for $35. Should have bought one sooner.

Gently tapped like a downhill three-footer.

I like the Chromecast but I haven't figured out how to stream Google Chrome tabs from my phone.

I like the Chromecast but I haven't figured out how to stream Google Chrome tabs from my phone.

You install the chromecast app?

You install the chromecast app?

I never did, but when I am on YouTube, I can cast from my phone. I never downloaded anything to my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back