Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Wedge Review

Looks great Panda.

I've been pondering doing the exact same thing Freddie. Stock shaft for me just doesn't seem to be working as I'm about 10yds shorter than my J40's. Doesn't seem to add up when they're the same loft and length.

Edit: tip diameter is at .355 right?

That is correct, the shafts made all the difference

Why I am waiting to pick them up tomorrow. Having the kbs shafts put in. plus gotta have them extended with my monkey arms.

Those look great Freddie

How do these compare to the original X Forged wedges? I love my X forged but I'm really digging the looks of these.

No luck locally with the latest release of additional lofts. Was hoping to bag a couple of these prior to December. Guess it's a waiting game at this point,

No luck locally with the latest release of additional lofts. Was hoping to bag a couple of these prior to December. Guess it's a waiting game at this point,

What lofts were you wanting to grab?

What lofts were you wanting to grab?
Eventually I'm going 50 standard 54 C grind, 58 U grind. And my preference is in slate

Eventually I'm going 50 standard 54 C grind, 58 U grind.

U grind took me 8 weeks to get :/

If you lived local I'd let you test run it. Definitely a getting used to period needed

Eventually I'm going 50 standard 54 C grind, 58 U grind. And my preference is in slate

Very nice. I love the slate finish.

U grind took me 8 weeks to get :/

If you lived local I'd let you test run it. Definitely a getting used to period needed
Not what I wanted to hear buddy... The getting used to period, what that all grind driven? But eight weeks is eight weeks.... I

64 is available too...that could be fun

Loving my 58!
When I'm over it I just feel good things are gonna happen!

Just call me.... Barb

So picked up my Wedges today. I am shocked how much I like them. The feel is great. I am using the wedge shaft in the 50 and 54 and the hi rev in the 58. The check up on these was more than I had seen out of my old wedges. Cant wait to put them in play this week at the Gauntlet.

So picked up my Wedges today. I am shocked how much I like them. The feel is great. I am using the wedge shaft in the 50 and 54 and the hi rev in the 58. The check up on these was more than I had seen out of my old wedges. Cant wait to put them in play this week at the Gauntlet.

Why are you surprised?

Why are you surprised?

I was shocked how much spin I got out of range balls. My old ping wedges couldnt spin a range ball. Its a happy surprise. :banana:

I was shocked how much spin I got out of range balls. My old ping wedges couldnt spin a range ball. Its a happy surprise. :banana:

Great spin on full shots. Now that I have the KBS your customs they spin great around the greens

How are you liking it greenside buddy?

Hit a beauty today, to about 15".
I need to strike it better to get bite. But it pops right up in the air, and has a predictable flight, only had one bad mishit today, and I basically chickened out on it as it was a tight pin. In reality that might not have been the club for me to use at this time.

I'd love to learn how to get this baby spinning, so I get some hop and stops.

But as I said, when I stand over this wedge, I'm more confident. And... Good things are happening!

Just call me...Barb
First official '15 Morgan cup hopeful.
(Gonna work on the game!)

Not what I wanted to hear buddy... The getting used to period, what that all grind driven? But eight weeks is eight weeks.... I

The grind has taken some used to yeah, as is the additional spin. Seeing it check up fast out of the sand is a very nice little perk, I can't deny that.

For some reason, the shaft and head combo for me is short. Every other 58 I've owned is a 100yd club. All of a sudden, this has turned into a 90yd club. I'm not a fan of the drop since 100yd is one of my comfort yardages. I'm hoping a quick shaft swap from the TT wedge flex to a DG Spinner will solve some things.

Hit a beauty today, to about 15".
I need to strike it better to get bite. But it pops right up in the air, and has a predictable flight, only had one bad mishit today, and I basically chickened out on it as it was a tight pin. In reality that might not have been the club for me to use at this time.

I'd love to learn how to get this baby spinning, so I get some hop and stops.

But as I said, when I stand over this wedge, I'm more confident. And... Good things are happening!

Just call me...Barb
First official '15 Morgan cup hopeful.
(Gonna work on the game!)

That's really exciting man... Golf is all about confidence, and it's great to hear that a club is providing that to you.

just spent some time on the range with these. I have the 58 in a C grind and I have to say, I have a school girl crush on how club got through some thick rough. I put the Hi Rev in this and the feel and spin is nothing I have felt out of a club before. Keep in mind I havent been playing 20 years like some. That being said. I cannot wait to put these in play tomorrow and see what I can do.

All I can say is wow. I had complete control of these things. My only gripe is I waited to long to get them. The ability to get the ball to sit where I wanted was great.

I played the 58 U10 today for the very first time. Full shots seemed to give me the same distance as my old 60 Vokey. Close shots around the green were fun to hit, with a great deal of stopping power with a Bridgestone B330 in a cool 40-50 degree weather . Distance control wasn't to to bad considering I had only hit this club a few times prior to taking it in the course. The U grind on the other hand gave me a few troubles, it's going to take some time to get used to thats spect of the wedge. I think the c grind or shelf grind would probably be better suited for my swing and short game. But that may happen later. They feel about the same possible a little lighter than the vokeys I've been gaming for 6 or 7 years.

I completely agree Kevin, that grind is great in some lies and then makes you look foolish in others. It really makes you have to commit to the shot or else you're hitting it poorly!

Back