What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My golf swing disappeared. Just checked with the instructor, posture problem, fixed it now going home to ingrain it. I will be firing on all cylinders tomorrow @ Cowboys.
Better bring that A-game next weekend, brother.

Better bring that A-game next weekend, brother.

It will happen. Ive been trying to adjust a few thing in anticipation of what Florida will be like but no more. I can only play my game, and its more than good enough to win.

It will happen. Ive been trying to adjust a few thing in anticipation of what Florida will be like but no more. I can only play my game, and its more than good enough to win.

Do not expect any significant rollout. You will be shorter than you are in Texas.

Do not expect any significant rollout. You will be shorter than you are in Texas.

Im not sure thats possible, even in Texas im still a head taller than you!

Yes sir. And I love them.

I can now hit long irons. Fancy that.
Go ahead and say it; "War, you were right...the long irons are stupid easy to hit."

How about the 4i? Like it?

Go ahead and say it; "War, you were right...the long irons are stupid easy to hit."

How about the 4i? Like it?

I do, still a bit intimidating and address but the results are there. Ball definitely gets up very nicely.

Had my first lesson today with the pro over at Pro Golf. I think it went really well - found out I was doing more things wrong than I would have thought, but boy does the video reveal it all. I've never had a video lesson before, so this was really eye opening. The list of things I need to change:

1) Take a step away from the ball
2) Square up shoulders (I tend to address it open)
3) Keep the clubface slightly closed on the takeaway (11:00) by initiating backswing with right hand/wrist
4) Keep weight on inside of right foot throughout
5) Increase forward press at address

I definitely hit some stinkers after making the adjustment, but once I started figuring it out I was adding carry yards and diminishing my fade, even hitting a little draw on occasion. Encouraging results, can't wait to get out and practice them!

Had my first lesson today with the pro over at Pro Golf. I think it went really well - found out I was doing more things wrong than I would have thought, but boy does the video reveal it all. I've never had a video lesson before, so this was really eye opening. The list of things I need to change:

3) Keep the clubface slightly closed on the takeaway (11:00) by initiating backswing with right hand/wrist

I definitely hit some stinkers after making the adjustment, but once I started figuring it out I was adding carry yards and diminishing my fade, even hitting a little draw on occasion. Encouraging results, can't wait to get out and practice them!
Awesome! You have a very nice looking swing and it's all very smooth, I can only imagine what "fixing" a few little issues will do for your game.

Went to the Pro Shop, checked some things out.
Waiting for the 2012 Amp forged to go on sale :)

Awesome! You have a very nice looking swing and it's all very smooth, I can only imagine what "fixing" a few little issues will do for your game.

Thanks man. Yeah, it's a whole bunch of little things that all cause a high/right tendency, put em all together and short right becomes a real issue. Forgot a few things, he actually wants me to set my wrists a little better at the top and slow down the backswing a bit.

And FWIW, you were right that I stand too close to the ball! Well spotted sir

Thanks man. Yeah, it's a whole bunch of little things that all cause a high/right tendency, put em all together and short right becomes a real issue. Forgot a few things, he actually wants me to set my wrists a little better at the top and slow down the backswing a bit.

And FWIW, you were right that I stand too close to the ball! Well spotted sir
LOL I'm glad I was right. I have no business giving anyone swing advice because...well, you already know why haha.

Been cleaning the golf area in the house...Jeez I let it get out of hand. Once I get everything put back I will be scrubbing my gamers so I can go play.

Awesome work!
I start my lessons here in a couple weeks, I can't wait!

Work hard at the lessons taught, good luck!

CJ

Just call me...Barb
First official '15 Morgan cup hopeful.
(Gonna work on the game!)

Well, today I did David Leadbetter's wall drill for half an hour.....Then I did a lot of stretching. Had some time since there was frost on the course. Then I played 18 with the usual Sunday morning crew. Now I'm shopping for golf shoes online. Mine have officially had it.....

Awesome work!
I start my lessons here in a couple weeks, I can't wait!

Work hard at the lessons taught, good luck!

CJ

Just call me...Barb
First official '15 Morgan cup hopeful.
(Gonna work on the game!)

Will do, thanks MS! And good luck to you as well! I know I'll see you out there killing it in the Morgan Cup 2015!!

Took my new mack daddy 2 wedges to the Range. All i can say is wow. When range balls are checking and spinning I am excited.

No golf-related activity two straight days in a row for me. That changes tomorrow. I did re-up my Albatross Club Membership for 2014...that counts.

Checked tee times online, then decided against it 30 mph winds and 50° temps were too much for me.

Putted in the house before church, played 9 holes in the afternoon, watched some Golf Channel while writing a final for my US History students tonight.

Took my new mack daddy 2 wedges to the Range. All i can say is wow. When range balls are checking and spinning I am excited.
I expect to see these bad boys in action next weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back