The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would still happen again.

If Oregon, Ohio State and Auburn all finished the year with one loss, Oregon and Ohio State would meet in the national championship game, regardless of strength of schedule or quality of their play.

As much as I love my university, fact is, we do not have the prestige of an Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State, Florida, FSU, Nebraska, Texas, Michigan, Penn State, USC, Oklahoma or (gag) Notre Dame. Those schools are going to get the media support. As they told us in 2004, big-name school vs big-name school "is the matchup the nation wants to see." We're not the only school to have experienced it, but we have experienced two of the most egregious examples (1983 and 2004).

Even with it being Auburn, I disagree with your premise. This year, one loss Oregon, one loss Ohio State, and one loss Auburn. Game would be Auburn and Oregon.

Not saying that it hasn't happened in the past, but Ohio State's name is certainly not helping it in the polls.

Even with it being Auburn, I disagree with your premise. This year, one loss Oregon, one loss Ohio State, and one loss Auburn. Game would be Auburn and Oregon.

Not saying that it hasn't happened in the past, but Ohio State's name is certainly not helping it in the polls.

If Auburn were to run the table and one of those teams lose late in the year, I could see Auburn sneaking in there. That's a lot of big ifs though.

Ohio St would drop like a rock if they lost and rightfully so. However that being said no one loss team better be in the NC over them if they win out.

I'm ready for a 45-17 loss this Thursday, I'll have the alcohol handy.

Bring it.

Just Putting this here:

Clay Travis
@ClayTravisBGID
27m

Ohio State has not played a regular season top ten opponent since 9/12/2009. Simply amazing.

Beat the SEC's second best two years ago. Woulda been a beat down too had our entire secondary not gotten hurt the second half.

Just putting that out there.

How can we help teams like Miami and USC sucking when we schedule them out 6 years in advance? We played Miami two years ago and they were terrible now they are ok? This is tOSU fault how?

Oh well just keep winning, that's all we can do.

Beat the SEC's second best two years ago. Woulda been a beat down too had our entire secondary not gotten hurt the second half.

Just putting that out there.

How can we help teams like Miami and USC sucking when we schedule them out 6 years in advance? We played Miami two years ago and they were terrible now they are ok? This is tOSU fault how?

Oh well just keep winning, that's all we can do.

I'm asking because I seriously don't know offhand. What non-conference games did OSU have this season? I seem to remember last year being a little weak, but maybe I'm not remembering it well.

I obviously know that OSU has not lost since Meyer has been the HC. That's tremendous regardless of your schedule.

I'm asking because I seriously don't know offhand. What non-conference games did OSU have this season? I seem to remember last year being a little weak, but maybe I'm not remembering it well.

I obviously know that OSU has not lost since Meyer has been the HC. That's tremendous regardless of your schedule.

Cal and the 2-3 other Ohio teams they kill every year. The real problem here is how bad the B10 is right now across the board.

Cal and the 2-3 other Ohio teams they kill every year. The real problem here is how bad the B10 is right now across the board.

I forgot about Cal. That is a decent team to schedule, and (like Miami) OSU caught them on a down season.

For years, OSU would get the benefit of the doubt regardless of its schedule. I think the recent BCS Championship losses, along with the downturn of the B1G, are starting to take that benefit away.

I forgot about Cal. That is a decent team to schedule, and (like Miami) OSU caught them on a down season.

For years, OSU would get the benefit of the doubt regardless of its schedule. I think the recent BCS Championship losses, along with the downturn of the B1G, are starting to take that benefit away.

Yep and I have no problem with that. In all honesty though the only BCS games they haven't performed well in is the NC.

We are 6-3 with the only loss other than the NC being in 09'.

These jerseys are sick, and for a great cause!

I'm an Ohio State, but I may buy that jersey anyways.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Those jerseys are awesome

An amazing cause, but just like Texas Tech, they just look a bit odd to me.

NCAA D2 poll. MIAA teams ranked 2, 6, 10, 15 and 22.

NKSCHOOLRECORDPOINTSPREVIOUS
1Minnesota State-Mankato (22)9-07881
2Northwest Missouri State (9)9-07762
3Colorado State-Pueblo (1)9-07373
4Henderson State9-06774
5Minnesota-Duluth8-16516
6Pittsburg State8-16187
7Shepherd8-06049
8West Chester9-056610
9Ohio Dominican8-055311
10Emporia State8-052514
11Winston-Salem State8-148613
12Midwestern State7-141417
13Indianapolis8-135618
14North Carolina-Pembroke7-134419
15Washburn8-13398
16Bloomsburg8-13105
17St. Cloud State8-129521
18Lenoir-Rhyne8-128222
19Saginaw Valley State8-123423
20Slippery Rock8-120024
21Newberry8-114425
22Missouri Western State7-214312
23Tuskegee8-175NR
24North Alabama6-266NR
25Carson-Newman7-23616
25Virginia State8-136NR

Reading the tweets after he got canned were very revealing...I always love when people use the excuse of "I can't believe you didn't know I was joking"

I do believe he was joking, he would say stupid stuff all the time when I heard him. I do think it's hilarious that a grown man was that upset about an opposing player using your hand sign, what are you the crips?

I remember this rant from Sileo. Full melt down...

[video=youtube;knci-3G3z9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knci-3G3z9o[/video]

I think the playoff system is starting 1 year too late. This would be the perfect year for it to start. I believe (as proven so far this year) that we have 4 good, solid teams for a playoff: Alabama, FSU, Oregon, and OSU. Each teams have the good and bad sides. Alabama look very solid as always. Pros - amazing reputation, 2 titles in a row, amazing on offense and defense. Cons - had one test this year vs Texas A&M barely pulled it off. What's to say they don't lose to an LSU or the rivalry game with Auburn (who looks very good right now). FSU - are they back?!? Most impressive wins so far this season of all the 4 teams listed. They have already played 3 teams in the top 25 and won all game in a BIG fashion! Maryland (25) 63-0, Clemson (3) 51-14 (btw, Clemson scored with less than a minute left in the game with the second string defense in the game) and Miami (7) 41-14. Pros - big wins so far, putting up a ton of points on offense and their defense looks great as well. Cons - all wins have come from ACC opponents some in the college football world will look down on that, I do not. Oregon - some good wins so far this season, but they haven't played a team in the top 10 yet. Their biggest challenge will be in a few days. Can they still perform against a physical defense. Thursday will be their toughest test to date. Can they play well against a good physical defense? We will see... Pros - great QB and have a lot of weapons on the offense and their defense isn't that bad either. Cons - no impressive wins thus far. Sure they beat UCLA and Washington (two top 15 teams) but they haven't faced a top 10 (much less a top 5 opponent yet). OSU - a very good team coached by Urban Meyer who's name speaks volumes. They have won 20 straight (I think) games which is extremely impressive. However, their lack of solid opponents has kept them down. I believe it has been 3 years (again I think) since they have played an opponent in the top 10. Pros - longest active winning streak in the college football. Cons - who have they played??

That is as unbiased a review as my seminole heart can do! Go noles!!!! And go stanford on Thursday....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back